Origin: Bellamy must go

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sp ... y-must-go/

League27 May 10 @ 10:11am by Jason Avedissian

NSW coach Craig Bellamy is under increasing pressure following the Blues opening Origin defeat

CALLS for NSW coach Craig Bellamy to be sacked are spot on.

Bellyache has been in charge of two of the past four series defeats, and must be axed to at least give the Blues some hope of avoiding an embarrassing fifth straight series loss.

If all the indications are true that Bellamy in fact picks the team, not the selectors, then the Storm boss must go.

Bellamy continually picks players out of position, the wrong players in positions, and must pay the price.

What did you think of the Blues inept performance? What is your team? Who should be sacked or retained. Tell us below.

Phil Gould must immediately be put in charge.

He is a proven Origin winner, the ideal people manager required at the highest level.

The captain, Kurt Gidley needs to either be punted, or picked in the halves.

He is not an Origin fullback, and must never wear the No.1 jumper again.

Jarryd Hayne is the best custodian in these parts, and it’s time he was acknowledged as the NSW fullback.

This is not a time for loyalty. It’s hard to be loyal to a team when selectors (Bellamy) have continually picked the wrong team.

What did you think of the Blues inept performance? What is your team? Who should be sacked or retained. Tell us below.

LOL!!!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

PLEASE ! Put Gould in charge  ;D
Then we can look forward to a century of Queensland dominance  :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Phil Gould would not be put in charge due to his continuous disagreements with the NSWRL.Love him or hate him the guy does speak some sense sometimes.Bellamy should of stood down last year the Maroons are in it for the long all if it was not Bellamys head they were calling for it would be someone elses.GO MAROONS
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can understand people wanting a change, he has had a go , and to put it bluntly, has failed,

But I still think that has more to do with players, just like he dominated  with the better team with the Storm,

Mal has dominated with the better players in origin, swap the coaches, he would win,

I heard he wanted Finch at 6 and was over ruled this year , not so sure about the claim he gets the team he wants.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As one sided as you'll think it sound,Bring in the DES!!!

I mean NSW ORIGIN Hero coaching NSW?
The guy picks a weakness and gets his team to exploit the shit out of it
Like inside balls up the middle vs Dragons and the bash and barge tactics
that the Storm just cant seem to get used to and finding a weakness in
any side that just seems indistructable,it might just be his time as he
just finds a way to make his team win,even if its throwing weak assed doors
of theyre hinges
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Selectors are the problem, not Bellamy
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Did Bellamy play SoO? only time ive heard of him was as a coach BUT i stopped watching after the stupour league war
as my team were converted to the Beagles
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote: Did Bellamy play SoO? only time ive heard of him was as a coach BUT i stopped watching after the stupour league war
as my team were converted to the Beagles
Your just looking for a scape goat Eagle, NSW just got dominated in all areas and would have, no matter who was at the helm. In fact if you did not have the officials making mistakes in their favour the score line would not have been that close.

What bearing does being an ex origin player have on being a better coach???? The team is surrounded with ex origin stars, did that make one bit of differance  ""NO" So wind your neck in and take a look at the inept players instead of the scapegoat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'll take that as a no
Difference in my view would be gameplans,Des has a Plan A,Bellamy coached sides tend to go to plan Z
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I really don't think the coach is the issue - it's the talent pool.

Sure, NSW have some great players to choose from - but how can it compare to the current QLD team? Not to mention the players that could be playing for QLD regularly, but aren't (Prince, Cronk etc.).
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I must admit I kinda wanted NSW to win - to give a bit of joy to Bellyache.  Qld talent pool dominates NSW.  Maybe they are playing with an unfair advantage and should have to forfeit a few players to keep the competition even  :lol:

Tell me if NSW had managed to sneak a last minute try - say Haynes on a stray ball for example, who would you give Man of Match to?  In otherwords who was NSW best player - I couldn't think of one that was a standout.  Queensland dominated player positions all over the park.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A Watmough,scored a brilliant try  :D
but seriously,Matt Cooper for faking injury,gave us an outside chance
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Poor Bellyache is copping it left right and centre.

Ok, sack him, and try another coach for the next Origin game and I bet NSW will have another loss. ;D
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Swap Thurston, Lockyer and Slater with their opposites, NSW win, and when Cam smith returns the problem is worse,

There lies the number 1 problem for NSW,

the contrast in playmakers is huge, and you go through the talent availible for NSW, there isn't much to choose from,

Even the kiwis with Luke, Marshall and Foran have a better mix of playmakers.
Last edited by Play the ball on Fri May 28, 2010 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope he's not coaching that bunch of rabble next year because we're going to need him at the Storm next year as much as or more than we ever have. Selfish i know but with Origin being such a massive distraction for a club coach as well i'd just rather him soley concentrating on rebuliding our team next year. As much as i hate the arrogant NSW halfwit supporters and their scummy tabloid journalists i'm actually hoping they can turn this thing around and win. Clearly NOT for them, but for Bellyache because he doesn't deserve even a small amount of shit he's been copping from the *lima lima lima duck* up there.