Should Tolman play again this season

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

coupy73 wrote: With Tolman having signed for the bulldogs next year and us not having anything to play for, should he/will he play first grade again this year or does Bellamy use the opatuninty to blood some of the U20's/NSW cup guys who will be around next year.
He did it with Tomane last year and brought in Neilson (who was fantastic at the end of last season).

Comments please!
History repeats itself
this time with nothing on the line
pack his bags already
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
thunder
Squall
Squall

Now that's a good post! I'm warming to you Eagle!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm in agreeance with pretty much everyone. I can totally understand why he wanted to move on and if we were playing for points then i'd have him in the side (when fit) every single time regardless of him leaving because he was upfront and honest unlike some others. The fact is though we aren't playing for points and we must look to the future. One positive to come out of this debacle is that we have an opportunity to blood the young blokes any time throughout the season when it's usually only been at Origin time we could do that so IMO we have to take advantage of that.

I'm not saying to not give him another game for the entire season at all, but if there's a younger bloke who Craig thinks is ready to have a taste with the big boys then we must put them in. The bottom line is that we have to do what's right for US as a club and the future of it, not what's right for Aiden and if that means sitting him out for X amount of games to blood some young fellas then so be it.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did you listen to the SEN interview with Robbie Kearns.  Said Tolman would have liked to stay, but Bulldogs put the pressure on to sign by a date and of course Storm can't put an offer on the table until after the audit.

Storm have said they don't want to give first grade spots too easily, players have to work for them, but we do need to work on our 2011 plans - we should be trialing some cheap players.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah play him if he is in form.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super Cronk wrote: Yeah play him if he is in form.
Why play him when you have nothing to lose anyway,besides pride? get some young guns going
and leave the past where it belongs
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Play Bromwich & Kite instead.  What is the use in us improving Aidens game while he plays with our star side; when the Bulldogs will benefit the most.  But it seems like Craig loves him so I'm sure he will be played.  We haven't exactly struggled without him though have we?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I say play him only when Origin players are away ;-)

Just kidding, but I really do believe it would be best to try and blood some new guys here and there for next year.
Nothing against Tolman or him going to the Bulldogs, its because he wont be a part of next year's squad.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormmaster wrote: Play Bromwich & Kite instead.  What is the use in us improving Aidens game while he plays with our star side; when the Bulldogs will benefit the most.  But it seems like Craig loves him so I'm sure he will be played.  We haven't exactly struggled without him though have we?
Well without him playing it gives you guys a better chance to set up for next year which hopefully ends in
Manly VS Storm #3

I forsee a game where both teams turn up,unlike manly in 2007 and melbourne in 2008
i want the Grand Final both clubs should have had against eachother
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go with Tolman until someone else steps up and shows how badly they want the spot.
You had me at meat tornado.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Eagle wrote: Why play him when you have nothing to lose anyway,besides pride? get some young guns going
As a cynic - and given Gallop's obvious desire to force Storm to shed players - I take the opposite tack.

Play him, and use our good kids in the 20s and NSWRL. Why should we go inflating their values so Gallop can strip them from us as well?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

TC wrote:
The Eagle wrote: Why play him when you have nothing to lose anyway,besides pride? get some young guns going
As a cynic - and given Gallop's obvious desire to force Storm to shed players - I take the opposite tack.

Play him, and use our good kids in the 20s and NSWRL. Why should we go inflating their values so Gallop can strip them from us as well?
Great point.  I think I have changed my mind  ;D
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Or offer the kids a decent contract upgrade as far as years go while theyre dirt cheap
and get there NRL hands dirty? atleast the good ones anyway
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Eagle wrote: Or offer the kids a decent contract upgrade as far as years go while theyre dirt cheap
and get there NRL hands dirty? atleast the good ones anyway
Storm can't sign new, vary existing or extend contracts until this "independent" inquiry is complete - and you can bet that ain't gonna happen until Gallop has stripped away as many of our players as he can.

And without so much as a peck on the cheek.And I do so like a kiss while I'm being screwed!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You are right.  Gallop is out for prple blood