Aiden Tolman gone to the Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am disappointed that Aiden is leaving, but as others said it was almost inevitable, particularly after the scandal.

Aiden was playing well this year, and if he didn't get injured he would have played in the Country side and probably be in the NSW side.

Thanks Aiden for your efforts with the Storm and good luck in the future.

Even before the scandal the Bulldogs would have been able to offer him $50 or $100k a year more than we could offer him. Once the scandal broke Tolman, Lima and Finch (even before the scandal) were players that were definitely going to leave at the end of the year.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote: I am disappointed that Aiden is leaving, but as others said it was almost inevitable, particularly after the scandal.

Aiden was playing well this year, and if he didn't get injured he would have played in the Country side and probably be in the NSW side.

Thanks Aiden for your efforts with the Storm and good luck in the future.

Even before the scandal the Bulldogs would have been able to offer him $50 or $100k a year more than we could offer him. Once the scandal broke Tolman, Lima and Finch (even before the scandal) were players that were definitely going to leave at the end of the year.
Add Quinn as well  and White and Hoffman were rumored to go to the UK,

Once they all get confirmed as well over the next couple of months the media will have a ball.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry to see him go....but when Kite, Manu, Blair (I hope he stays), Vea, Tandy and Hoffy (England calls in 2 years) are running in tries and busting opposition forward packs...seriously...we are going to be saying Aiden who ??? ........and Jeff who ???
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't mind him leaving, but to see someone like Jeff, who has been a big part of the last 4 or so years is sad.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rumors: Manu is meant to have a get out clause in his contract and he has asked to use it.  Hoffman is going to stay no matter what.  He has said 'he bleeds purple bood.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote: Don't mind him leaving, but to see someone like Jeff, who has been a big part of the last 4 or so years is sad.
I feel the opposite.

Aiden was taught and nurtured through ranks. We are yet to see the best of him.

Lima. Love him or Like him is past his best.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is exactly the reason we shouldn take with a grain of salt what the papers say until the official findings are revealed because these clowns have no clue whatsoever. These are 2 quotes from each paper taken from their Tolman articles.

Sydney morning herald:
"With the Storm believed to be over the salary cap by up to $1.3 million for next season, Melbourne will struggle to field a NRL quality team in 2011 without some relaxing of the rules for any top-ups of contracts for players released to other clubs".

Telecrap:
"Melbourne have to shear $700,000 off their yearly player wages by March next year after being found guilty of salary cap breaches".

So that's $600K difference between them that they say we have to shed from the cap. How the lima lima lima duck can they come up with such a huge gap in numbers? I know one says "up to" but obviously they think it's around that $1.3 mill mark. Also  to prove the cluelessness and just plain lack of basic research even further from the SMH they also add that Todd Lowrie is off contract at the end of this year and not next year which is actually when it is.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Rumors: Manu is meant to have a get out clause in his contract and he has asked to use it.  Hoffman is going to stay no matter what.  He has said 'he bleeds purple bood.
While I hope you`re right about Hoffman I really hope you`re wrong about Manu. Sika is the type of forward that we need, even before all this garbage started. He is definitely the type we could  build a pack around once it has all finished
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Rumors: Manu is meant to have a get out clause in his contract and he has asked to use it.  Hoffman is going to stay no matter what.  He has said 'he bleeds purple bood.
Is this your opinion based on newspaper reports or has it been confirmed to yourself by a person from within the Club as there is a substantial difference between it being truth or perception ?

Not being smart.....just trying to get a handle on how true this "rumour" may actually be.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

glennb wrote: Rumors: Manu is meant to have a get out clause in his contract and he has asked to use it.  Hoffman is going to stay no matter what.  He has said 'he bleeds purple bood.
God I hope that is not right.

Im a realist and the reality is Hoffman isnt in the same class as Sika. And Im sure he's passionate about the club but not making tough decsions is why were in the predicament we're in.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Info I have is that Sika has no plans on leaving.  Apparently the club is holding meetings with all contracted players to see where they stand.  His is today, and will be taking place with his manager present, but unless there something changes, expectations are to stay.
Whilst we all know anything can happen depending on what the real situation for next year is, should be around hopefully
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I love the hyprocasy of some of you guys..Who are you to judge that a player should leave at this stage...they should be able to do whatever it takes to stay if they want..if Hoffy came out and said I want to leave this place you would be up in arms saying he isn't a team player and a traitor..so he comes out and says he wants to tstay and gets compared to everyone else..to be honest Sika is injury prone and has more impact on a game but wont ever play all games in a year..hoffy is the most passoinate player we have losing him will have more damge to the club...same with Lima! it kills me to see that our guys are going but I respect the ones that want to stay and will never say this guy should leave..or I would rather keep the other bloke..
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stay or Go - The players will do what they have to do & which ever way it goes I which each of them well in their choice. Having Storm's contract talks frozen whilst the 'forensic investigation' is on going,(funny how this was supposed to be concluded within a week  :? ),is going to make it difficult for those off contract who are now being given 'time limited' offers by vulture clubs  :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

scriptyx wrote: I love the hyprocasy of some of you guys..Who are you to judge that a player should leave at this stage...they should be able to do whatever it takes to stay if they want..if Hoffy came out and said I want to leave this place you would be up in arms saying he isn't a team player and a traitor..so he comes out and says he wants to tstay and gets compared to everyone else..to be honest Sika is injury prone and has more impact on a game but wont ever play all games in a year..hoffy is the most passoinate player we have losing him will have more damge to the club...same with Lima! it kills me to see that our guys are going but I respect the ones that want to stay and will never say this guy should leave..or I would rather keep the other bloke..
I'm steering clear of all discussions about who will stay and who will go.

Seriously, whoever plays in purple will have my support. Speculation (and that's all it is) serves no purpose. They are in purple? Then I cheer them on.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:
scriptyx wrote: I love the hyprocasy of some of you guys..Who are you to judge that a player should leave at this stage...they should be able to do whatever it takes to stay if they want..if Hoffy came out and said I want to leave this place you would be up in arms saying he isn't a team player and a traitor..so he comes out and says he wants to tstay and gets compared to everyone else..to be honest Sika is injury prone and has more impact on a game but wont ever play all games in a year..hoffy is the most passoinate player we have losing him will have more damge to the club...same with Lima! it kills me to see that our guys are going but I respect the ones that want to stay and will never say this guy should leave..or I would rather keep the other bloke..
I'm steering clear of all discussions about who will stay and who will go.

Seriously, whoever plays in purple will have my support. Speculation (and that's all it is) serves no purpose. They are in purple? Then I cheer them on.
Ditto...That's why I try  to keep clear of such threads, more so since all this scandal has broken.