I fear we have lost Ingliss...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I hate to say it but I think Ingliss will be gone next year...
' Greg loves league, and the Storm, and he keeps saying he wants to stay if he can.''
When I read those words "If he can" it rings alarm bells for  me...
And I am not saying he wants to go - I dont think he will have a choice.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... -v5er.html

Four-way tug of war for Inglis
DANNY WEIDLER
May 16, 2010
Greg Inglis has four different sports chasing his signature with his future at the Melbourne Storm in
considerable doubt. We've told you about Essendon's interest - their chief executive Ian Robson has
an open offer to Inglis to be in touch if he has interest in AFL. We know he'd be a natural at rugby -
European teams are circling. But it's the NFL interest in Inglis which is most interesting. ''I've had
some NFL scouting people be in touch telling me that Greg would be a natural,'' said his manager,
Allan Gainey. ''I don't really want to say more than that about it and so far we have not taken it
any further. Greg loves league, and the Storm, and he keeps saying he wants to stay if he can.''
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Theres an article in yesterdays Tele saying he is desperate not to leave and will take a big pay-cut to do so.
billies later
Squall
Squall

IMO that I'm afraid guys, that you will have to resign yourself to losing many players, maybe ALL our big guns.  I know you all will howl me down, but I'm resigning myself to it.

I know that none have gone yet, but wait until one does, then the floodgates may open.

I am really looking forward to some of the under 20's playing the second half of the year, because I believe that come round 1 next year, the side we field will not look anything like what it does today.  Gallop and his mates will make sure of that!!

I really admire the players for the public stance they are taking, but at the end of the day, they are professional sportsman with families and futures, and the money/offers are coming for them.

God I just hope we can keep Bellamy!!!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interested why you think that GI is any greater chance to leave than Cam, Cooper or Billy ?

GI has said from day 1 that he wants to stay at Storm...that he has been there since he was 14....that he loves the club....that he owes the club.

Also by the way your hear Bellamy talking up how much GI means to the team and club....you'd have to think that there would need to be some sort of revolution before Bellamy would just let GI walk out the door.

I fully realise it's not this simple in reality......salary cap issues will mean that some players just have to leave.

However I've heard a lot more from GI, Cam and Coops abouting wanting to stay than I 've heard or read from Billy.

Doesn't mean Billy wants to leave or that he doesn't love the club.....but maybe at 27 and with a young family he's weighing up some other options...WHO KNOWS !

I hope they all stay (but it's never gonna happen)  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

noa nandruku wrote: Theres an article in yesterdays Tele saying he is desperate not to leave and will take a big pay-cut to do so.
To be honest, if we were to lose one, I'd say it'd be G-I, to many lucrative offers elsewhere, however I don't see it happening, I sence a strong chance, we'll get some benefits out of this upcoming court case, possibly the ability to take pay cuts.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd rather lose GI than Billy, CAm and Cooper.

COmpare Billy and GI and I reckon Billy has been a lot more consistent over a greater period of time than GI has. When GI is great he's phenomenal. When he's off he's shithouse!

If it came to losing either of those 2 I'd rather have to cut GI lose...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I suppose on the balance of probabilities it would make more sense to drop Inglis and retain Slater, Smith and Cronk.

You may also need to make an appropriate comparison, before you can make an informed decision (i.e. Inglis at his best vs. Billy at his best).

This is where I come up short :lol:
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote: I'd rather lose GI than Billy, CAm and Cooper.

COmpare Billy and GI and I reckon Billy has been a lot more consistent over a greater period of time than GI has. When GI is great he's phenomenal. When he's off he's shithouse!

If it came to losing either of those 2 I'd rather have to cut GI lose...
"over a greater period of time", duh! Billy is 27 Greg is 23.

At 23, Inglis is 5x the player Billy was at the same age and he has 7 great years left compared to Billys 3. Plus, imo, fullbacks are easier to find and replace.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fullbacks in the catagory of Billy replacable?
Ben Farrar springs straight to mind......he cant catch and his ballwork is substandard

Comparing him to Billy or Brett is unfair and completely laughable
even Beaver played centre chuck a 2nd rower in there for christ sakes and stop bitching
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon GI will be gone.