NEVER 2 SET OF BOOKS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

NRL chief executive David Gallop has confirmed that salary cap auditors have not found two sets of books operated by the Storm - a misconception that arose after he tried to simplify the dual contracts of some Melbourne players by saying the club was running ''what could conveniently be called two sets of books''. ''It was not two spreadsheets,'' Gallop said.

Just putting to bed this 2 books rubbish.  Good choice of words Gallop ya Tool.  The 2 Books thing made us look terrible and I'm sick of reading about it on forums etc.

Full puny article below.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -ujmt.html
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep, that was a disgusting choice of words. I actually pictured a wage book inside the drawer of an office at storm HQ (i know, heartbreaking right?)

I once though one D. Gallop was good at his job, since this issue - and not just because i see things through stormy glasses, i've lost respect for him. He trots around (pardon the pun) hoping no one else is over the cap - but i, like many of you, believe there's been many 'rorts' past and present (the roosters come to mind) that haven't been handled (or picked up) that have been equally 'devastating' to this game of ours.

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It was Gallops wording that made it all seem even worse - for him to now change
what he said just gets me so angry. Then to imply at the end that there must
be two spreadsheets somewhere... grrrrrrr

Worse still is that this article was written on the 8th of May and hidden into another
article about Sonny Bill Williams - and the back end payment - that he will be getting -
which flys in the face of the reasons why Gallop said Storm could not take pay cuts
to be under the salary cap this year.

So many double standards.

The Media are dfjklnckl;dshjdrklsf;sad;asda -

Anyway the court case may get stopped in its tracks as there is now talk that News will sack the board
therefor they can not represent Storm in any legal action. A case of so many fingers in to many pies...
It is a pandoras box and I am afraid that the players will be the ones that suffer as more and more
comes out about who got what and how...... I want the NRL to disclose how other top players get paid
and what they get as a fringe benefit. They are making out that the method of payment - as in a boat
or car or whatever - is purely a Storm thing. It is not many clubs if not all give their players items from
their sponsors. It is cheaper for the sponsor to give $30,000 in product than cash.

Anyway enough said ....... let see what happens from here.

StormFront...........
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

David Gallop wrote:''It was not two spreadsheets,'' Gallop said. ''Although there is a belief that there must be two sets of spreadsheets somewhere.''
Prove it, David.

Surely as a lawyer you couldn't possibly state there simply is a "belief" that a second set of documents "must" exist.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

The words he used on the day were devastating, now this comes out.

Just goes to show how much of a disgrace, the NRL admin really are.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yep, the problem is ,

We have News owning the club, half the NRL, and most of the NRL related media,

They not only control the game, but most of the crap that gets spoken and written about it, they can spin as much crap as they want and get away with it, and the majority of the league public just buy it,

I love the game itself, but the way it is run is starting to get to me.

The AFL is owned by the fans , doesn't that sound like a better idea.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

FinchyBoy wrote: The words he used on the day were devastating, now this comes out.

Just goes to show how much of a disgrace, the NRL admin really are.
I too was absolutely shattered when I heard the words "two sets of books".
Thank goodness there are so many Storm Detectives out there to point out what a goose Gallop is.

No doubt some of Gallop's cronies are viewing this forum on a regular basis.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

CooperCronk wrote: No doubt some of Gallop's cronies are viewing this forum on a regular basis.
Including the NRL's impartial investigator who Gallop refers to in the public media as 'Schuey'?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KingHoweofIsrael wrote: Yep, that was a disgusting choice of words.
NO ! It was a deliberate choice of words by a lawyer who knew exactly the response it would draw from the media & northern RL fans in general.
NO DOUBLE BOOKING

NRL chief executive David Gallop has confirmed that salary cap auditors have not found two sets of books operated by the Storm - a misconception that arose after he tried to simplify the dual contracts of some Melbourne players by saying the club was running ''what could conveniently be called two sets of books''. ''It was not two spreadsheets,'' Gallop said. ''Although there is a belief that there must be two sets of spreadsheets somewhere.''
I find the parts I've highlighted as being reprehensible & almost criminal behaviour from an alleged 'member of the bar'  :evil:

This is a gutter press tactic from a man who had show previously he had the morals of a bottom feeder.

Interesting that this small snippet of 'clarification' should surface so soon after Gallop's outraged tirade against Storm's independent directors decision to take court action & thereby risk exposing a lot of dirty washing that the NRL,ARL & News Ltd would rather kept hidden  :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
KingHoweofIsrael wrote: Yep, that was a disgusting choice of words.
NO ! It was a deliberate choice of words by a lawyer who knew exactly the response it would draw from the media & northern RL fans in general.
NO DOUBLE BOOKING

NRL chief executive David Gallop has confirmed that salary cap auditors have not found two sets of books operated by the Storm - a misconception that arose after he tried to simplify the dual contracts of some Melbourne players by saying the club was running ''what could conveniently be called two sets of books''. ''It was not two spreadsheets,'' Gallop said. ''Although there is a belief that there must be two sets of spreadsheets somewhere.''
Wait,this double standards thing has got me thinking,4 weeks for one drunken night and being kicked out of the club,how many weeks did the NRL give Nate Myles for his runny excrement all over the floor of his hotel?
Gallop HAS to go

I find the parts I've highlighted as being reprehensible & almost criminal behaviour from an alleged 'member of the bar'  :evil:

This is a gutter press tactic from a man who had show previously he had the morals of a bottom feeder.

Interesting that this small snippet of 'clarification' should surface so soon after Gallop's outraged tirade against Storm's independent directors decision to take court action & thereby risk exposing a lot of dirty washing that the NRL,ARL & News Ltd would rather kept hidden  :?
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler