What's up with that CRAP ch NEIN sports report

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Orford was a great player and did great things for Storm...
During his time here he was extremely underrated by the NRL
and always overlooked...

Being involved with the club at the time...
I strongly believe Orford left
1) For the Money
2) For the spotlight that going to Sydney provided him

Since leaving Storm I dont feel he has been as stronger player
as he was here.... One man does not make a team no matter
how good he is ...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From what i was lucky enough to see of Ox he put he may have been a cash grabber BUT
he put his entire heart into every performance,even while playing for melbourne and signed
for his next year by the sea eagles

remember 2006 when the storm was supposed to have NO CHANCE of making the semis let
alone the GF?

He leaves a seed in every club,he teaches his shadow players well (Cronk,Foran and Hodkinson)
but when he left the beagles,i must say he left nothing,must have been some additude change
at the storm and while it kills me to picture him in anything other than maroon and white.....the
Storm did so much for him and he returned the favour with teaching Cooper Cronk
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Eagle wrote:He leaves a seed in every club,he teaches his shadow players well (Cronk,Foran and Hodkinson)
but when he left the beagles,i must say he left nothing,must have been some additude change
at the storm and while it kills me to picture him in anything other than maroon and white.....the
Storm did so much for him and he returned the favour with teaching Cooper Cronk
Foran already looks like he'll exceed the choker. And Cronk's tutoring was mostly by Matty Johns.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Eagle wrote: 40-0 Grapple that!!! Not a choker by any means
I always said to a mate of mine that is a Manly fan that Orford choked under "scoreboard pressure." When behind Orford always had a tendency to want to score off the next play instead of building a set of six and back to back sets of six. Unfortunately in the 2008 Grand Final we didn't put any scoreboard pressure on Orford.

In November when the Sydney media were signaling the demise of Manly because of Orford's departure, I also said to my mate not to worry because I had seen Hodkinson play a number of Qld Cup games and he was a more than capable replacement for Orford. Plus Manly has Foran as well.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I can't believe people are thinking it's Orford. No f'n way.

If anyone it's Aidan Guerra. Had a whinge to the media because we didn't want him in our NSW Cup side after he signed with the Roosters. Or Tomane, the guy who wanted to leave us but wasn't allowed to, then when off-contract stabbed us in the back so he could keep getting picked, now under the belief that we think he's 'selfish'. JMO, of course.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Foran already looks like he'll exceed the choker. And Cronk's tutoring was mostly by Matty Johns.
[/quote]

Lol@choker,biggest pressure game of any halfbacks life and he guided the team around as if they
were playing a disorganised pack of lepers who were ridden with AIDS (2008 GF)

Not only that game,2009 monday night vs bulldogs he slots one from the sideline (Right hand fyi)
to draw level and takes Kimmorley to school in halfbacking,best short kicking game ive ever seen
but his long kicks were almost laughable

the only pressure he had trouble with was when the forwards were having a day off,just like any
good half (see Thurston,Cronk,Johns,Freddy the list goes on forever),the only time i seen him actually
choke fully was a longball out to one of the Williams sisters with the game on the line,thats after 4 years tho

Matty Johns gets the most overrated player ever title cause his brother was just that good and btw,Five Eighth
is a ball running player,much like centre/lock,has speed power but can pass,Cronk is a ball playing HALFBACK
in the same mold as Orford

Oh btw,Tomane gets my vote,i forgot about that fool,although when he did sign elsewhere Bellamy was FURIOUS
so this cowardly revenge does fit his profile
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

When Orford was with us, he had a knack of going a bit missing when the going got tough,

He was a great front runner or down hill skier,  when we were having a big win, he was man of the match,

In a big must win game, scores were tight, pressure on , he had a knack of going into his shell or would start making mistakes  ,

And it was also noticeable in the earlier years, he tended to play poorly when he came up against Kimmorly, the man he replaced and was being compared to ,or johns ,

Nothing against the Bloke, but thats just how it was,

I didn't watch his progress as closely  at Manly, but from what I can gather , their supporters speak higher of him than we do  .
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Play the ball wrote: When Orford was with us, he had a knack of going a bit missing when the going got tough,

He was a great front runner or down hill skier,  when we were having a big win, he was man of the match,

In a big must win game, scores were tight, pressure on , he had a knack of going into his shell or would start making mistakes  ,

And it was also noticeable in the earlier years, he tended to play poorly when he came up against Kimmorly, the man he replaced and was being compared to ,or johns ,

Nothing against the Bloke, but thats just how it was,

I didn't watch his progress as closely  at Manly, but from what I can gather , their supporters speak higher of him than we do  .

Nah,Alot of him rejoiced in his leaving which i thought was utterly disgusting,Club captain,a guy with a bigger heart than his body and our record breaking grand final halfback
about 5 or 6 *lima lima lima duck* would be "Blah blah blah im stupid send orford to england *inbred sound effects generally followed*),there was even the case of one foul excuse
for a manly supporter who posted "not missing you at all" in which he got absolutely flamed for as he should have,i actually hope he is the recipient of unwanted anal sex
very soon,he actually schooled Kimmorley in theyre last match against eachother at Brookvale,19-12 on a monday night and SoO Selectors picked...you guessed it,intercept throwing
overrated poor excuse for a halfback Kimmorley to wear the 7 for the blues,Speaking of him,Where are the dogs placed?
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I liked both Kimmorley and Orford when they were at Melbourne.  Supporters generally feel disappointed about how they left - dragging out negotations, and then not signing - but it was never about the money !!

Orford's big game jinx was more about what the commentators would say, but I do feel that it became a bit of a self fulfilling prophacy.  He had to convince himself it wasn't true.

We loved Ordford because Kimmorley left us for Manly and we got Orford in exchange without the glamour profile that Kimmorley thought he had.  Orford was our 'stuff you Manly for pinching our No. 7' - so we loved him for that.  Then he went back to Manly !!  So now we love Cooper - he is all Melbourne :)
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

garrett crossman hates the storm now i wouldnt be surprized if it was him
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Thor19
Squall
Squall

Don't think it is Grossman - saw him on an interview with Ch 10.

He said he knew nothing of it and wanted to keep his premiership ring.

Remember he was the player who missed the 2007 GF so Bellamy gave him his premiership ring.
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its Folau's replacement who left the next year id bet on that
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler