2011 Jersey Concept

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've never been 100% sold on our current jersey.  I don't dislike it but I can't help but feel that it's a little too busy.  Personally, I believe that solid, simple designs are best - even better if the sponsor is incorporated in some way with the design.  Considering the problems we've had lately and the battering our club's image has taken, I think 2011 would be the perfect opportunity to debut a new jersey.  I know the NRL has rules in regards to changing jerseys - but this is just hypothetical.  I've had this idea in my head for a while and I finally took the time to draw it up.

It's basically an updated version of our first jersey.  I know the twin lightning bolts have been used longer but I feel this design represents lightning just as well.  When you look at a photo of a lightning strike, it's a white flash surrounded by a purple glow.  I'm not a fan of a V design continuing up and curving onto the sleeves (like our first jersey) so I cut it at the seam - this is becoming fairly common for modern jerseys.  I suppose the V could narrow to a point (like the original) but I think it looks better this way.  I'm very happy with how the Jayco logo is incorporated - I tried a few different colour backgrounds and found purple worked best.

I hope you guys like it.
You had me at meat tornado.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i like it  :D
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nice,doesnt look super league at all which is always a good sign
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Nice work! I'd buy one!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree, an excellent design. 

If we do change the jersey, what more can the nrl do to us anyway, change it to a new jersey for a new start I say.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Great Design.  I like the big V for victoria & no lightening.  Lightening bolts are so 1980,s.  You should email this to the club & Kooga
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would rather stick with the one we have at the moment.
The jersey we have this year will show the rl world that it got us through the bad times (this year) and we'll wear it proudly in the coming years.