Storm vs Raiders - SPOILERS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: Macdougall was poo.

The commentating was worse.
Commentating was a disgrace.
As per usual, though I noted Warren Smith got a gig at the Knights/Roosters game.

And a boo back to those Canberra supporters who conveniently forgotten about their previous misdemeanours.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

I'm reading stories that it was a pretty hairy night for the Storm fans in attendance. Raiders fans were chanting cheats at them & waving $50 notes at the players and fans.

Sounds juicy!  :o

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

JF_Storm_Swans wrote: I'm reading stories that it was a pretty hairy night for the Storm fans in attendance. Raiders fans were chanting cheats at them & waving $50 notes at the players and fans.

Sounds juicy!  :o

JF
There are usually a few retards in every team.

Been to Canberrra a few times and found they were a great bunch of supporters. Even after losing a final to us.

And that Dugan "No" try was a deadset try.  The refs are a disgrace.
Last edited by Joe_Storm_FB_2025 on Sun May 16, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think a few of the players, mainly Blair, have now adopted a "who cares" type of attitude...and are getting a little more reckless which is a real shame to see.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Was anyone able to pick up a few bucks of the retards waving the $50's around lol???
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

one-eyed wrote: Was anyone able to pick up a few bucks of the retards waving the $50's around lol???
Funny you ask, I was about to post a new thread on Finchy's humour.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5867242470

Good to see he hasn't lost his funny side.  :D
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stormtrooper9 wrote:
one-eyed wrote: Was anyone able to pick up a few bucks of the retards waving the $50's around lol???

LOL @ journalists: who the lima lima lima duck is Danny Lima?!
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Temi wrote:
Stormtrooper9 wrote:

LOL @ journalists: who the *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* is Danny Lima?!
Yeah, I LOL'd when I read it for the first time.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think the journos are all having a Danny Williams retro moment,but Jeff & Adam are much much scarier,though the naked aggression & mongrel factor is there  ;-)

They,along with Whitey, have always pushed the boundary,but now the refs & journos aren't seeing it as old style "Bring back the Biff" stuff.They are seeing it in a negative "Storm don't give a shit" way.  :?

BTW - I spent the weekend in beautiful downtown Wallace,so didn't see the game.
Saw G.I's 3rd on Sunday morning news - THAT HAD TO HURT  :hypno: but the only way to protect himself was to drop the ball & there was no way in hell he was going to do that.
Playing for no points = no interest of commitment ? PIGS ARSE  !!
Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy shrugged off the slander from Canberra fans.

"We can't control that, all we can do is control what we do on the field, and what we do during the week," he told reporters.

"It's probably not pleasant (for the players) but ... there's not much use worrying about it."
Just have to turn up in strength,(hint - BRING FRIENDS),to the Thunderdome for Storm's next game & show what we their fans feel  ;-)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 16, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I was at the game, and I personally didn't see any crowd behavior that I was concerned about.  The players got booed - heckled when they came out to warm up -but also warmed up at the end where a lot of storm supporters were sitting - so got a bit of love too.  Plenty of storm supporters amongst the crowd (ie not Melbourne drive ins) which I have noticed before - and as a fan, felt comfortable walking around etc.

Did have a 'colourful" guy sitting near us yelling all sort of stuff about the team, but also turning on his own players - so we know what sort of supporter his was.

When Greg scored the last try - to put them out of the game the 'Cheaters" chant went up - there was only 5 mins to go.

Canberra is a friendly ground - there is no way I would go to Parra or Manly as a fan.

Re the commentary - I thought it was good - no salary cap team can't be beaten crap.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Thor19
Squall
Squall

agree Stormsally - was a good atmosphere and a good game.

Only cr*p moment was the heckling and abuse when the boys walked off the field.
My wife was standing right in the middle of the raiders supporters and wondered why I didn't come across.....

We were seated behind the $50 note wavers. This only happened when the interchange players were warming up.
Didn't worry Lima

we should have done more to pick up those $50 notes given it to the Salvo collectors.

thought Greg's third try was funny - was saying he won't shave for a week!
watched the replay today and wondered why there wasn't a trench in the ground where his face went!

Anyway we won and thats that!
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.