Cameron Smith

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Out 3-4 weeks with a grade 2 medial strain to the elbow.
Last edited by Fizer on Fri May 07, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bummer for him that he won't play origin 1. But suck shit to Gallop that he won't have the best hooker in the game on display.
2012 premiers. Legit.
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Didn't look good at all, had to be Blair involved.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

did i hear Ballin for QLD? :D
its just a fill in,dont be hatin!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Clancy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think it was Nathan Friend you heard!! He was, afterall, a former Storm boy.
It's Storm season.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nathan Friend at hooker could mean Prince at halfback!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Might just be me, but I started seeing Blair as the "player you hate at other clubs" - or Storm's very own "Gallen". He seems to play slightly dirty, always on the edge. Really didn't like what I was seeing from him last night!
Clancy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

bula wrote: Nathan Friend at hooker could mean Prince at halfback!
If Thurston is close to 100% then he will be a shoe in. Otherwise, Cooper would be hard to overlook even though Prince is in good form.
It's Storm season.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Buzz wrote: Might just be me, but I started seeing Blair as the "player you hate at other clubs" - or Storm's very own "Gallen". He seems to play slightly dirty, always on the edge. Really didn't like what I was seeing from him last night!
You say potatoe ....

I love Blairy's game whether it's playing for Storm or the Kiwis - he also has a great sense of humour and is a real practical joker - you'll hardly ever see him without a smile on his face.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

you'll hardly ever see him without a smile on his face
Is that before or after he tries to twist your arm off  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Australian hooker Cameron Smith has vowed to be fit for Origin I after suffering a suspected grade two medial ligament strain in his right elbow in Friday night's Test win over New Zealand.

Smith failed to see out the first half of the Kangaroos' 12-8 victory after hyper extending his elbow when he found his arm caught under the weight of Kiwi lock and Melbourne Storm teammate Adam Blair, and is now set to be sidelined for four weeks.

Writhing in pain on the ground, Smith initially attempted to have the arm strapped in an effort to get back on the field before Kangaroos medical officials ruled against a second half comeback.

He will undergo scans on Saturday and is a definite non-starter for Sunday's NRL clash against Brisbane, with Smith now eying a return in time to take his place in the Queensland No.9 jumper for Origin I on May 26.
Article on NRL.com:Cameron Smith eyeing Origin return
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is out for two games, with a race against to be fit for SOO.  The scans today confirmed what they thought lat night, but he is seeing a speacilist early next week. Hinchcliffe with start at hooker. tomorrow
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nah,Matt Ballin would flog the pants off Friend anyway
I'd love to see him selected but thatd be.....10ish in SoO for Manly
If i were Belamy id take Manlys entire engine room  (Besides Kite who he targetted out of an
entire pathetic forward pack which included Kites most shocking game)and after 2nite
and last night maybe even Hodkinson,Lyon for certain
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler