FREE ENTRY FOR STORM MEMBERS IN ROUND 10 (Raiders)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nice work Raiders... I've always had a soft spot for them

FREE ENTRY FOR STORM MEMBERS IN ROUND 10

The Canberra Raiders have announced today that all Melbourne Storm members will be granted free entry to the Raiders v Storm home match on May 15 at Canberra Stadium.

Any Storm members who present their 2010 Storm Membership card on game day will be allowed into Canberra Stadium free of charge for the game, with the Raiders hoping they will make a donation to the Men of League Foundation, who are collecting money as part of NRL heritage week.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the initiative is to show support for a fellow NRL club who is going through hard times and hoped to see plenty of their supporters make the trip up the Hume Highway to Canberra next Saturday.

"It's a tough time for the Storm at the moment and especially for the members who have financially supported the club this year not knowing what was about to unfold," Furner said. "We know how good our members are here in Canberra and we want the Storm members to know they are not alone this season."

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=36227
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like Canberra.....it's one of my favourites cities in Australia after Melbourne.

Unfotunately I can't go...  :(

Nice of them to offer though
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Canberra is a hole  :lol:, but you have to love a club who is open in support of the supporters of the game!

Well done Canberra!!  =D> =D> =D>
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I probably wouldn't donate to Men of League.  League players earn a lot more than I do, and charity should begin at home.

However, I may sign up for a Raiders season ticket after their gesture.  $DEITY knows it's easier for me to get to Bruce than it is to get to Richmond.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
stormy bill
Squall
Squall

Well done Raiders.3 of us will be at this game.
What we do today will echo in eternity
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm not far from Canberra, will definitely be there!

"It's a tough time for the Storm at the moment and especially for the members who have financially supported the club this year not knowing what was about to unfold," Furner said. "We know how good our members are here in Canberra and we want the Storm members to know they are not alone this season."

That is nicest thing i've read/heard from anyone in an opposing team. It's nice to see some people empathizing with the situation. Unlike (as i'm sure another topic has covered, not read all yet  :P)  parramatta (supporters? don't know full story) trying to publicly claim the premiership. lima lima lima duck crock if you ask me!

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~