Australia V New Zealand

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I see from the Foxtel EPG and from the TV Guide in the Herald Sun that Channel None is televising the test match live on Friday night. This I suppose is not unusual considering they like televising matches live against the gate. In this instance it shouldn't effect the crowd much because most people would already have their tickets. Hopefully it gets reasonable ratings because it is up against Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, which isn't in any way a blockbuster. I wonder if they will televise the Storm v Broncos in the afternoon.

It will be interesting to see how many Storm players back up on Sunday v Broncos. Below is a list of players I would expect to play or be close to playing on Friday night:

Aus: Slater, GI, Cronk and Smith
NZ: Blair and Lima
City: Hoffman
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A game 2 days after the test, oooh thats gotta hurt.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

with less on the line , it will be interesting to see how many players backup,

Ditto at origin time.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think they will all back up this weekend.  They love playing the Broncos and it is the first game in the new ground and they will play for their fans again.  I do not think the same will happen during origin .

Also, in today's SMH they say Smith will not be selected, the 9 spot will go to Farrah because he is playing better football at the moment.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

glennb wrote: I think they will all back up this weekend.  They love playing the Broncos and it is the first game in the new ground and they will play for their fans again.  I do not think the same will happen during origin .

Also, in today's SMH they say Smith will not be selected, the 9 spot will go to Farrah because he is playing better football at the moment.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Farra won't even get to play Origin. Ennis is way ahead of him.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I seem to remember reading something that said about 27,000 tickets had already been sold for the test - and I think that was a couple of weeks ago.  Showing the game live won't affect the gate.
You had me at meat tornado.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Today's footy show said there was only 1000 tickets still available.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Smith isn't hooker... i say we need signs at the game next week...
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Footy show just stated the selecters have met and Smith is hooker, Cronk is halfaback and Izzy is not playing.
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Just heard Bob Fulton who is a selector say that Smith is the 1st player picked in any rep side on 2GB
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK - Just put in for 1 ticket - best available for the Test & this was what I got back
Area:  TWS
Category: B Reserve
Section: 82
Row: J
Seat: 265
Seating plan

That's pretty crappy for a 'best available'.Tried a few times with about the same area,so I'm guessing they've sold a few for this game  :lol:. A reserve comes up as 'Allocation Exhausted'

BTW - The rat pack has had their tickets since day one  8)
Section 40
Row A
Half a row  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I only got tickets on Thursday.  trying to get 4 tickets in Cat C (behind the goals) - no seats avaialble in any of the four main bays behind each goal - got tickets for the corner bay.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone think Manu might play like he did last year?? He played NSW Cup this week.

Cam Smith will definitely be hooker, Tim Sheridan said it was just rumours Farah would be.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Normally for australian games I wear me Australian Kangeroos jersey. But dont know whether to wear me Storm jersey instead (with the old sponsors covered over of course)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

pauliedude wrote: Normally for australian games I wear me Australian Kangeroos jersey. But dont know whether to wear me Storm jersey instead (with the old sponsors covered over of course)
I'll be wearing my Storm jersey with an Australian Kangaroos cap.