2007 TROPHY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Surely we were not that much over the cap in 2007.  Gallop says HE THINKS that 200.000 over is enough to strip a premiership.  He said they don't have the actual figures yet but suggestions are we were 100,000 to 200,000 over.  From the time he met the storm board on Thursday 22nd he had made the punishments within 2 hours!  Sounds like a knee jerk emotional decision because he was made to look like an idiot.  Stay true storm supportors I think we may end up getting 2007 trophy back, but I don't think 2009.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've been thinking the same thing myself but we'll just have to wait and see what the actual figure was in 07. If it proves to be a relatively small amount, or a relative amount compared to teams of the past who only got fined then there's no good reason why we shouldn't be able to keep it. Agreed with 09 though, youd think there's no chance of re-claiming that. Here's a bit of background on past breaches.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticl ... fault.aspx
Mistressstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm master i like your comments, you sound like an avid supporter. I like the positive thinking on the 07 trophy, but lets stay positive that they can fight to get both trophies back.  The rest of the teams must feel like losers they cant even win a game against the almightly storm even during this hard time.  :laugh: ;-) :o :lol: :P
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Very Avid supporter thanks mistressstorm.  First game attended Round 18 1998 against manly at Olympic.  And yes it would be great to get 2009 too but Gallop seems to be a very stubborn man.  Although I can see him possibly resigning at end of the year; he has been in the job a long time, it is time for a change.  Some new blood maybe from another code with no emotional links to rugby league.(or bias against teams)  All you need is a good business man.
Last edited by stormmaster on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let's put Waldron in charge of NRL!!!  :D
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

We are still the champions, doesn't matter what they do. The boys went out there & won it, fans traveled up north & witnessed it. Me & thousands of other Melbourne people watched it on TV, nothing Gallop does can change that.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormmaster wrote: Some new blood maybe from another code with no emotional links to rugby league.(or bias against teams)  All you need is a good business man.
To be honest, this is where I feel David Gallop fails. He is too much of a business man, and simply does not emotionally invest enough in the game to care whether it survives or not. We need someone with passion to revolutionise this game - someone like Phil Gould (can't believe I'm saying this), who can actually admit that there is a problem with the structure of the NRL administration, and who has ideas to fix it.