Storm v Cowboys....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

...AKA Victim #2

So very interesting to game to see how the boys back-up from the Warriors game. Basically the Cowboys wont be able to make any defensive game plans for the game because we have tossed the normal playbook out the window. Big in with Inglis, unsure of Nielsen though Id think he was doubtful, and if we play the same way we did as last week that can only spell a hiding for the Cowboys, for which I am sorry. I dont think White will play so Id think 2 of Sione Kite, Jesse Bromwich or Kevin Proctor will come into the side. Looking at the make-up of the Cowboys bench Id go Kite and Proctor but I reckon Bellamy will go Kite and Bromwich.

Potential line-up

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen/Isa
4. Inglis
5. Quinn
6. Finch
7. Cronk

8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Lima
11. Hoffman
12. Blair
13. Hinchcliffe

14.Tandy
15.Lowrie
16.Kite
17. Proctor/ Bromwich

My tip Storm 52 - Cowboys 20, then one more week before clubs comes to their sences.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope we shove the football down the Cowboys' collective throat - and I have nothing against the Cowboys.
You had me at meat tornado.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Im worried what the Crowd will be like. This is Billy's hometown no?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I see no reason why the crowd wont be good.  However, Cowboys crowds are down noticeably this year regardless.  THe fact they pulled only 10,000 against the Eels despite Thurston making a comeback is worrying.

However, the QLD fans love to come out to see the Storm due to their QLD stars.  I reckon they'll pull 15-17k.

There's still 2 points to play for...plus the battle of Thurston v Cronk will be a classic.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote: I see no reason why the crowd wont be good.  However, Cowboys crowds are down noticeably this year regardless.  THe fact they pulled only 10,000 against the Eels despite Thurston making a comeback is worrying.
I don't think many knew Thurston was playing until just before kickoff... they probably thought they were in for a shallacking without him - what that says about the "supporters" is the worrying thing... especially if he's not at the club for much longer.
Last edited by Insomniac on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Actual

1.Slater
2. Duffie
3.Isa
4. Inglis
5. Quinn
6. Finch
7.Cronk
8.Norrie
9.Smith
10.Lima
11.Blair
12.Hoffman
13. Lowrie

14.Hinchcliff
15.Proctor
16.Tandy
17.Bromwich
18.Cahill

Would have been nice to see kite get a shot on bench too.  How did he go in NSW Cup last week? Hopefully Jesse gets more game time to show what he can do.
Last edited by stormmaster on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Given the result V the Warriors & the mind set of the players,(every rejection of their efforts to get thinks re-instated will 'maintain the rage'),you have to wonder if the CEO's of the teams Storm are still to play this season are reconsidering their blanket support of the no points penalty ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Really looking forward to Kev Proctor being able to play his more natural game this week. He has a lot of skill, just hasnt shown it yet.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widdop has travelled with the team to Townsville as cover for GI, which means..............
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Noa Nadruku wrote: Widdop has travelled with the team to Townsville as cover for GI, which means..............
GI probably won't play.

Has he been named in the Aust. squad?
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think they are waiting to see if he playes.  I think he will.
Apparently Cowboys have had very good ticket sales - expecting 14,000.  On one of the footy shows last night they interviewed Cowboys supporters.  I think they were supportive of Storm in general - quite laid back as you would expect.  I think the Parramatta game will be the worst for the boys - and I wouldn't go because you know they would be feral.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Which is why it was a shame that our SG Ball team had to front up to them last week after all this ...mifght help explain the 70 - 12 loss?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Coops got buckwacked by the media at the airport but he stood tall  =D> Storm mentally strong
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Heard Robbie K on Triple M yesterday saying the team were considering playing the games this year for charity.
No idea which ones or how they'd go about it but it's great to hear they're trying to give themselves 'something' to play for  :thumbright:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Hope the boys put one on the Cowboys, don't dislike the Cowboys at all but just hope we can show that the NRL can't bring us down!!!!