Storm v Cowboys....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BTW did you see GI scored his try because Hoffman passed him the ball 3 or 4 mtrs before the line.

Case closed.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

How happy was Lima after his try?  :lol:
Are the guys being paid per try now or did Lima just think his asking price went up due to his brilliant scoring??  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Haha Norrie is having the time of this life. 0 tries in 6 years and suddenly in two games he's got 2. Haha!
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Cooper wrote: Haha Norrie is having the time of this life. 0 tries in 6 years and suddenly in two games he's got 2. Haha!
:lol:, Norrie has earned himeslf a nice contract in England if he chooses to take it after this year.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

The boys are having fun and running riot and I am loving every minute of it.

Wasn't it great to see the u/20's squad clapping the boys when they ran onto the ground.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

WOW !! I spent the evening in the 2nd row at the Regent watching FAME.
Every time they cranked up the base beat my seat was vibrating.Then I come home & see THAT scorline  :lol:
Now I know why my seat was vibrating - STORM POWER ImageImageImage
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Things I liked from this game in regards to 2011

-  Matt duffie at the very least is a solid first grade winger, though I think he is much better then that. Havent even seen a cross field for him yet.
- Cooper Cronk is much more creative then I ever thought he could be. Craig CANNOT suppress these skills next year
- If GI gets the ball early he will carve up anybody, anytime, anywhere. To let him go would be a huge mistake we would regret for the next decade.
- Dane Neilsen is a class player, his defence is as good as any center in the game. We are blessed if he stays with us next year as he will be offered plenty
- Kevin Proctor is almost there. Let him do what he can and he'll reach his potenial with us.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree with most of that but still not convinced to Proctor....seems to go mising at times n defence
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Another great win. I think Craig has said to the boys as long as you keep with our usual defensive structure, I am happy for you to have some fun in attack. It is a bit like Parra at the end of last year they thought they couldn't make the finals so they threw the ball around a bit.

I agree with others I was sick of Warren Smith's comments:

"- Playing for nothing;
- Just playing for pride;
- So they should play like that they are a $5 million team;
- You have to feel sorry for the Cowboys they have lost their chief play maker and they have to play this team."

Warren here's a tip for you, how about you stick to saying things like:
"- How good was the 70 metre try by Greg Inglis;
- How entertaining the style of play is;
- The amount of offloading is amazing considering the way the Storm have played under Bellamy."

Who says the fans have nothing to watch the game and go to the game for? If the team keeps playing like that I have earnt value for my membership money and then some.

We should get heaps of Channel None games because we are playing some of the most entertaining rugby league you will ever see. But we wont thank God because Channel None's coverage is atrocious.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: I agree with others I was sick of Warren Smith's comments:

"- Playing for nothing;
- Just playing for pride;
- So they should play like that they are a $5 million team;
- You have to feel sorry for the Cowboys they have lost their chief play maker and they have to play this team."
After the Quinn try he said something like, "it was a nice play but you obviously need the talent to do that"... Who's he think he's kidding? He's a Tigers supporter he's just upset we've made the GF every year since he's teams won the comp.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

interesting to see the offloads,

It is like Bellamy has taken the shackles off and given them a free licence to enjoy them selves with the footy,and it is effective

Duffy could be the real deal,quick,  athletic and shows good smarts,

And has a bit of height , which is an added bonus for the modern day winger, with a bit of training , hopefully he will be good going for the high ball.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Does any one still ahve the email adress for Foxtel, I wish to complain about Warren Smith last night.  I could not find it last night.  Thanks
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Play the ball wrote: interesting to see the offloads,

It is like Bellamy has taken the shackles off and given them a free licence to enjoy them selves with the footy,and it is effective

Duffy could be the real deal,quick,  athletic and shows good smarts,

And has a bit of height , which is an added bonus for the modern day winger, with a bit of training , hopefully he will be good going for the high ball.
You dont know ?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah ya notice Brandy Alexander started to go a little quiet and said at one point lets talks about whats happening on the field.  They were worried about crowd figures for Storm games - that was the biggest they had in Townsville last night for a while.  AM SICK TO DEATH OF WARREN SMITH when ya find the email address let us all know
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote: I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that wankers snide remarks at every opportunity but in saying that it was impossible not to. He could never hide his contempt for us in the past and it has only seem to have grown now. He didn't get the arse from NRL on Fox for nothing.
I commend Brandy for not responding to the comments - you could almost hear him bitting his tongue.  I don't blame Warren for making the comments in general, but it seems he was trying to get Brandy to respond.  When he did he just said that they do have something to play for - and I agree with that.  I don't see the playing for no points to be as big a deal as it is being made out.  Plenty of clubs play the season with no hope of making the finals.

The cowboys weren't in the game once JT left the field.  The game on Sunday will be more of a test, with a lot of players backing up.  But it is at home so I think the boys will rise again.  There may be a lull after that though.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in