Storm v Cowboys....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger wrote: Heard Robbie K on Triple M yesterday saying the team were considering playing the games this year for charity.
No idea which ones or how they'd go about it but it's great to hear they're trying to give themselves 'something' to play for  :thumbright:
Maybe for each point they beat the other team by x amount is donated to charity.

I believe the Roosters do that.  They did it in round one (I think) so I'm not sure if it was a one off or if they're still doing it.
You had me at meat tornado.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Playing for points is sooo overrated - just watchiing this team is worth the $....shackles off and we make it look easy - could be another 40 point plus result especially if Cam could kick straighter
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

David Gllop and the NRL teams brought this on themselves.

Any organisation of substance would have made us shed players......and Im lima lima lima duck loving it
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

GREGGGY INGLIS! How good are we! We should always play like this.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Too easy. Cowboys have nothing.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ok so we're winning against a team who can't even complete a scrum effectively. Even if we were playing for points, you could hardly call it a hard-won victory  :lol:

What's really pissing me off is the commentators saying "how long can they keep it up for, they're playing for nothing". Heard it a million times in the last week, I'm over it!!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote: David Gllop and the NRL teams brought this on themselves.

Any organisation of substance would have made us shed players......and Im *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing loving it

:lol: :lol: :lol: Agreed. Thank fark the incompetant pricks didn't make us get get rid of anyone this season.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Another good performance. Warren Smith needs to be shot.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Warren Smith needs to talk about the game in front of him and that alone.  The further ahead we got, the more irritating he became with his little comments.  There was no real venom but he seemed to take every chance he could to bring up the off-field drama.  We get it, dude.

That series of passes leading up to Quinn's try was magic.  That's the sort of thing that really shouldn't come off but they made it work.
You had me at meat tornado.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that wankers snide remarks at every opportunity but in saying that it was impossible not to. He could never hide his contempt for us in the past and it has only seem to have grown now. He didn't get the arse from NRL on Fox for nothing.

Anyway to more important things........bring on the Bronco's at our brand spanking new stadium next Sunday!!!!!! I'm sure plenty are going on Friday night but i'm looking forward to Sunday much much more.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warren Smith's a douche. He's hated us for a while now.
On the game, Blair again was good, this style really suits him, Proctor too I might add.
Good to see Inglis in open space, there's no better site!
Cooper surely will be the Aussie Halfback, he's been in career best form imo.
That's it for me, I love our new style, Norrie and Lima in open spaces make me laugh every time.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Warren Smith's a douche. He's hated us for a while now.
On the game, Blair again was good, this style really suits him, Proctor too I might add.
Good to see Inglis in open space, there's no better site!
Cooper surely will be the Aussie Halfback, he's been in career best form imo.
That's it for me, I love our new style, Norrie and Lima in open spaces make me laugh every time.
Good to see you noticed Proctor.

He was on a hiding to nothing playing on the left in a conservative style.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

On the commentators, are they being paid some sort of bonus for every time they say "playing for nothing"? Damn I'm glad last week and next week are home games so don't have to put up with crappy commentators. I vote for all remaining away games to be played on Saturdays at 5:30pm with Active so we can listen to the ref or crowd instead of the useless commentators.

How enjoyable is this? 99 points scored by Storm in the first 6 games and 74 points in the last two! Methinks Norrie is quite enjoying himself.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe Bellyache was saving it for late August but now that it wont matter, what the hell!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Great result!!

Didn't get to watch the match, but good to hear the guys were taking the piss.