Would you still follow Storm if they were forced to move to Central Queensland?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Could David Gallop have any say in forcing Melbourne storm to move to Central QLD?? Would you still follow storm if they had to move?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5857826682
??? :x :'(
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Of course I would follow Storm, however the prospect of no longer being able to attend games would be an absolute stab in the heart!

I'd have to go to the games whenever they play Canberra, as it's fairly near :(
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

madstorm wrote: Could David Gallop have any say in forcing Melbourne storm to move to Central QLD?? Would you still follow storm if they had to move?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5857826682
??? :x :'(
How the fug would they still be "Melbourne" Storm.

May as well be a different club. :roll:
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Wouldn't continue following them at all.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i couldn't definitively answer it now because it hasn't happened, if i had to guess i don't think i couls support it, or at least nowhere near the capacity i do now. To me if they didn't play out of Melbourne they wouldn't be "ours" so to speak. In saying that i honestly don't think it'll happen.
VIC
Squall
Squall

WHAT A STUPID ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS IF? MELBOURNE IS CENTRAL TO THE EXPANSION OF THE GAME NATIONALLY! IT IS A CITY OF 4 MILLION PEOPLE. WHAT CAN CENTRAL QUEENSLAND OFFER???? A POPOLULATION BASE OF NO MORE THAN 200,000 PEOPLE COULED WITH NO MAJOR CORPORATIONS BEING PRESENT FOR THE SPONSORSHIP DOLLARS!!! I DON'T CARE IF THIS GUY IS A MULT-MILLIONAIRE, BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY NO ONE WANTS TO LOSE MONEY.

THE MEDIA ALWAYS REFER TO THE $6M THAT THE STORM ARE LOSING ANNUALLY? BUT HOW ARE SYDNEY CLUBS SURVIVING, WHO ACTUALLY GET SMALLER CROWDS, AND WITH THE DRYING UP OF THE POKER MACHINE REVENUE???? THE ONLY REASON WHY NEWS LIMITED KEEPING DIGGING DEEP INTO THEIR POCKETS FOR THE STORM, IS BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING PROFITS ELSEWHERE THROUGH THE STORM (IE. TELEVISION REVENUE)......PLEASE NOTE A PREVIOUS BLOG OF MINE BELOW:-

In the last few days much has been said about the future of the Storm and rugby league in Melbourne. However, is this really the case?

Let's look at logically:-

- News Limited owns 100% of the Storm.
- News Limited own 50% of the NRL.

With the ownership structure in mind, I am quite sure that the penalty that the NRL (David Gallop) imposed on the Melbourne Storm, would have first been discussed with John Hartigan (News Limited CEO) - and John Hartigan as 50% owner of the NRL (and as David Gallop's unltimate boss), he MUST HAVE agreed to the penalty that was to be imposed upon the Melbourne Storm. What this means is that financially, News Limited could weather any potential losses that the Storm could incur from this Brian Waldron scandal.

And again let's remember the reason why News limited is involved in Rugby League? News Limited is the world's largest media organisation raking in profits in the billions. They are not involved with rugby league to make money from the game itself, because as we know the running of sporting clubs in most football codes does not generate profits. Any potential losses from the Storm this year or next are immaterial and insignificant in the overall News Limited P&L. News Limited's involvement in the game goes back to the Super League debacle of the late 90's - and their interest in the game is all over television rights. They have continually said that they are committed to developing Storm and rugby league in Melbourne - as this obviously means more dollars with the pay TV arm of their business.

With this in mind, I cannot see the Storm folding.......what we have at the moment is too many ignorant cynics that would love to see our club go under, particulalry by many sporting commentators north of the border!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

'O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy

Twist my arm. ;D

I now live in CQ, so of course I'd love it.  :P
But it ain't going to happen. The Melbourne Storm it will remain (and I'm cool with that too)
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

What Vic said was brilliant, everyone deathriding the team is in for a huge shock.
Forget the CentralCoast Storm, it won't happen.
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That article is so stupid it doesn't even deserve reading. Some journo obviously tried his hand at creative writing. That's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back....

The MELBOURNE STORM are here to stay!!
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: I now live in CQ, so of course I'd love it.  :P
But it ain't going to happen. The Melbourne Storm it will remain (and I'm cool with that too)
WHAT ! And all this time I've been telling folks you is somewhere in the back streets of Asia  ???

BTW - My neice & husband moved to Dysart recently & I send their young bloke an RL ball for his birthday  8)
Wonder if Storm have a family version of the interstate membership Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:
WHAT ! And all this time I've been telling folks you is somewhere in the back streets of Asia  ???
Keep saying that, hopefully they'll keep looking for me there.  ;-)
BTW - My neice & husband moved to Dysart recently & I send their young bloke an RL ball for his birthday  8)
Hope it had a Storm Logo.
Do you know what Dysart stands for? Did You Start Another Rumour Today? It's true too - gossip central.
Wonder if Storm have a family version of the interstate membership Image
I wish they did the old interstate supporters membership.  :'(

Ah well, Cowboys this week.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Being a VICTORIAN I would not follow them on the central coast.  They wont be going anywhere anyway.  There's a lot of grave steppers out there at the moment.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Highly unlikely.... I have and still do support them through all the years
good and bad ... so if they left it would be very disappointing and a slap
in the face to those people that have worked so hard to build the name
and profile of NRL and Storm in Melbourne.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......