Brett Finch

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I know that some were opposed to him joining the club last year, but after reading this article, how could you not love him?

Interview with Finchy in the dressing room half way down page
Finch said the team's solidarity would keep him in Melbourne until the end of this season - even if he received an offer to switch to a rival with a live chance of winning the competition.

"The whole thing has just collapsed because of what's happened," he said.

"Footy is everything to me. I don't have a girlfriend, I don't have a wife, I don't have any family here. I don't have anything lined up for next year. Footy is my life and they've taken everything away.

"But I'm not going anywhere."

The players, however, would not elaborate when asked about guilty parties to the salary cap scandal.

Reporters were warned the question was out-of-bounds in the post-match press conference, and when asked if he could trust that all his teammates were innocent, Finch replied: "I can only speak for myself, but I know I can look everyone in the eye."

And when speaking about his admiration for Smith, the former NSW Origin pivot later added: "There's no way in the world that would ever enter my mind. I could not be any more proud."

Bellamy was angered when the issue was raised. "I can only go on what I know," he growled.

"And what I know is these guys are real. That's all I need to consider, that's all I need to breathe in. I can't control what other people think or say. That's all we are going to do: take one day at a time and go from there."
Awwww!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Finchy needs a girlfriend  ;-)
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormsally wrote: Finchy needs a girlfriend  ;-)
LOL you take Finchy, I'll take Cooper  :lol:

Kidding people!
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Finchy!!!!

I love this bloke :D
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now I normally wouldn't do this ...but  if Finchy needs someone I am prepared to take a hit for the team and wear a skirt and blouse for our first date.... :-*
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

so um ,,,finchy makes love to a steeden?  :?

:lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Awwwww Finchy. I love you... but um.... ok why not... noooooo noooo it's not fair on Cooper!!  :lol:
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

I gotta say, I wasn't a massive Brett Finch fan when he was at Parramatta, but when he came to the Storm, I began to warm to him and I now, I love him, thats right, I love him even more now!!!! It speaks volumes about the club and how tight knit the boys are. As they say, in your darkest hour, a person's true character is revealed and that is what we seeing now with the Storm. Even though a few rats have sullied this clubs name, NO-ONE and I MEAN NO ONE is gonna walk away from this challenge.

Proud Storm member of 8 wonderful years!!!!!!!!!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I FEEL SO SORRY FOR FINCHY, HE HAD SUCH A BIG HAND IN US WINNING THE 09 PREMIERSHIP AND ONLY BEING PAID MINIMUM WAGE.... I WISH WE COULD KEEP HIM AND PAY HIM THE MONEY HE DESERVES......
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Same here. I was probably the most vocal about him not coming here  :lol: Wouldnt swap him for anyone else.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

storma01 wrote: I FEEL SO SORRY FOR FINCHY, HE HAD SUCH A BIG HAND IN US WINNING THE 09 PREMIERSHIP AND ONLY BEING PAID MINIMUM WAGE.... I WISH WE COULD KEEP HIM AND PAY HIM THE MONEY HE DESERVES......
We were probably paying him alot more than we said be were, tbh...salary cap rorting etc...
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cowbell-Mark wrote:
storma01 wrote: I FEEL SO SORRY FOR FINCHY, HE HAD SUCH A BIG HAND IN US WINNING THE 09 PREMIERSHIP AND ONLY BEING PAID MINIMUM WAGE.... I WISH WE COULD KEEP HIM AND PAY HIM THE MONEY HE DESERVES......
We were probably paying him alot more than we said be were, tbh...salary cap rorting etc...
i dont think he knew about it and was not getting anything on the side

Reporters were warned the question was out-of-bounds in the post-match press conference, and when asked if he could trust that all his teammates were innocent, Finch replied: "I can only speak for myself, but I know I can look everyone in the eye."
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No way... everyone knows he was on minimum wage (55k) and if he was paid anything more than that it would mean that he knew something dodgy was going on.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

im gunna hate it to my core to see Finchy leave this club
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

I love Cooper wrote: No way... everyone knows he was on minimum wage (55k) and if he was paid anything more than that it would mean that he knew something dodgy was going on.
quite sure he is on a bit more than that this year.

Still reckon Finchy is a great person and a core part of the team.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]