Memberships to be refunded - will you take your money back?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

I see that memberships are to be refunded. Will you take your money back or leave it to support the club?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/news- ... 5858136152

News Ltd commits to Melbourne Storm's future
Josh Massoud From:Herald Sun April 26, 2010 12:00AM

NEWS Ltd last night promised to keep the Melbourne Storm going, despite having already committed a massive $66 million during the period of the salary cap rort.

Having already lost three major sponsors - Members Equity, Host Plus and Skins - the Storm is set to sink further into the mire by offering refunds on season ticket packages as a goodwill gesture to their 8500 members.
Thor19
Squall
Squall

no chance -

proud to have paid my membership and got my money's worth last night!!!
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GET STUFFED.....I am PROUD to keep my membership and I am seriously thinking about buying another membership to support the club
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am actually going to upgrade mine tomorrow, so I will putting more money into the club, not taking it away.
2012 premiers. Legit.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hey, we turned a profit last year.  Nice.

Oh, and no I will not be asking for a refund.
You had me at meat tornado.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Get stuffed I will forfiet my membership. The players turned up last night to support the club and so should each and every member!!  Now more than ever they need our support and membership $$$$.  :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

What's not clear about this, is whether the club is saying "if you want a refund here it is, sorry about all this", or are they saying "Sorry about this, here's your money back, keep the membership and keep coming".

One of my earlier thoughts on Thursday was the club should do that as the ultimate good will gesture. It would cost only a few hundred thousand (nothing for News Ltd really), but would keep faith with the fans so we don't resent what our memberships have become. As the season progresses, and keeping up that rage we saw last night wanes, are we going to sit there looking at our $400 memberships and think fondly of them?
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

I only have a General Admission membership which cost around $170 so it doesn't really matter to me but those that have paid $400 a year need to consider this seriously especially if you get to keep your membership.

As Buzz says whats some more costs for News Ltd - so better in our pockets than in a black hole somewhere

ps Can the club sue Brian Waldron and bankrupt the guy?
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NO CHANCE IN HELL!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.....WHAT'S $400.OO in the scheme of things

I personally would feel like a traitor giving up on the players and team and club if I asked for a refund.

this club has given me FAR more than $400.00 experience, pleasure, pride and entertainment.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

billythekidslater wrote: I only have a General Admission membership which cost around $170 so it doesn't really matter to me but those that have paid $400 a year need to consider this seriously especially if you get to keep your membership.
Why would any level of membership have to seriously consider it? Like many many others it didn't cross my mind for a millisecond to ask for a refund, considering everything that's happened to me it's the best $430 i've ever spent.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

No way - got me moneys worth last night and hopefully all the home games at our NEW STADIUM  :D :D :D
MtVaeaG
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I feel too ashamed to say it but i haven't signed up this year as a member but after what our clubs been through the past week im signing up ASAP! if it's not too late..

They need our support more then ever and i couldn't give a shit if we don't win a premiership i enjoy watching the boys rip it up every week! the most entertaining rugby you'll ever see..

Was at the game last night and couldn't be more prouder of our state! big ups to the fans was an awesome atmosphere..
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:? Gee I don't know mister Troll - That's a tough one
Maybe you should come ask me at my new game day address
The RAT PACK
AAMI PARK
Olympic Boulevard
Richmond
Any home game this season will be JUST FINE
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

'm thinking of joining up my dog.  She is under 15 - so a junior membership is only $35.  Money I would have spent on merchandise with the wrong logos on.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in