It feels like a club again

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
VIC
Squall
Squall

Hey Jjai - understand, the players and the club did follow the rules. It was Waldron and co that didn't!!!

A professional and competent adminsintration wouldn't have punished the Storm the way that they did........so far, Waldron has walked away unscathed (only a self destroed career). However, Storm fans and players are the ones that have been punished in 2010 for not having committed a crime. The point here is that the NRL may want a team in Melbourne, but they are negligent and unprofessional about the way they go about it!!!'

End of discussion!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I missed the article but I've been told of a quote made by someone at Storm about the NRL not allowing us to accrue any points this season.

It went something along the line of "if we can't win any points then we'll make damn sure no-one else gets them". Ie, winning all our remaining games.

Just on that, does that mean we don't get any points for the bye?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Wally could actually be untouchable?
I mean if theres no case for Fraud charges than he doesnt have to worry about anything.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
estormboy
Squall
Squall

bula wrote: So Wally could actually be untouchable?
I mean if theres no case for Fraud charges than he doesnt have to worry about anything.
not necessarily .... given that ASIC are monitoring the situation, if they decide to investigate and pursue those under investigation, they can still be charged with civil provisions ss180-183 (Directors duty provisions) of The Corporations Act.

If found guilty they'll be hit with financial penalties and/or exclusion from being directors of a company for up to 10 years. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon