Hello

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
WiganStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Ok first post on her so first of all hello  :)

Being a Wigan fan i can sympathise with what you must all be going through. Having been done for breeching the cap over here in England (or rather the spirit of the cap - whatever the hell that is) back in 2007 we were docked points and that saw my once great club facing relegation.

To top it all off we weren't having the best of seasons anyway and it seemed certain that we would spend the next season in the lower league. However, the Wigan fans did not desert the club, quite the opposite. Crowds increased, both home and away. We gained a kind of seige mentality that other clubs envied. The players and the fans pulled together and we surrvived, and just a couple of years later we have turned everything around and are currently at the top of the table.

I see the same thing happening at the storm. Thew crowd at the game tonight was awesome (gutted i couldn't hop on a plane and be there to support the boys myself) The players manned up in a game that would have been so easy for them to walk away from. The fans just seemed to get louder throughout the game, an immense effort from all involved - well done  =D>

The test will come in the coming weeks and months, i get the feeling that this will drag on for a fair while yet, and wouldn't be surprised if other clubs join you with the wooden spoon (although i hope they will let you compete for points if you get under the cap).

Again, well done to all for the effort in supporting the boys tonight, hopefully i can get to a game over there at some point as Storm are my nrl team.

Ps - thanks for Mike Mcguire, he's doing a good job for us  :thumbright:
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good stuff mate. Thanks.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

class act Wigs....thanks for the support from the other side of the world.

:fla_australia: :fla_uk:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanx  =D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

THANKS MATE AND WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Storma01...why do you always write in capitals?!
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Thanks wigs, we can't be beaten & won't surrender!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cowbell-Mark wrote: Storma01...why do you always write in capitals?!
does it matter?    BUT IF YOU MUST KNOW........  I DONT KNOW. LOLOL    ???
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
WiganStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks for the welcome  :D

I just wanted you all to know that it is possible to come through it.  Your doing the best thing by sticking together, thats how we did it, and honestly thats probably one of my best season's as a Wigan fan (yes i do realise how wierd that sounds) 

You have quite a few fans on this side of the world as well that are right behind you - Go Storm!!