Is it just me?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is it just me am i the only one who's having real trouble watching rugby league games now? I used to love and look forward to watching the 2 games on a Saturday night regardless of who's playing but since the news broke i can't even bring myself to watch the news reports of last nights games let alone watch the full games. I don't even know who won the Penrith v Tigers game tonight and in all honesty i don't really care.

This isn't a big eff you to the establishement or a boycott of the NRL, it's just that what forever reason i'm just finding it real hard to follow a comp we have no chance of winning a point in. Don't get me wrong, i'm going to watch EVERY Storm game both at home and on tv and i can't wait to see them. We're also still going Adelaide to watch the game vs the Dogs and i reckon we'll also add an away game in Sydney as well but i think as far as watching opposition teams which as mentioned i've always loved to do, i just don't think i can or want to anymore this year.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i am wathing the games tonight - not with the usual enthusiasm but by next week it will be back - i guess with the negative comments from the commentators about the storm its hard but its the game i like and i dont care what they say
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I managed to watch the Penrith game but only to see a friend play. Other than that, haven't bothered, just ticked over to see scores for my tipping comp.
I've lost interest in every other team or game for the time being.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd usually be watching Super Saturday now.  Instead I watched an old episode of The Amazing Race.
You had me at meat tornado.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not just you, I've had Fox Sports on for all the games so far but it's really been just on the background. I've barely paid any attention to what was happening.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah ive lost all intrest in rugby league this week. ill watch the boys tomorrow....but this whole thing has left me pretty gutted...not sure how long it'l take to get back to normal :s
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's not you mate. I am the same. I watxched the last half of Penrith vs Tigers but am now watching Melbourne vs Brisbane Lions AFL, which is unprecedented for me in about 4 years.
2012 premiers. Legit.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

same here - caught a bit of the panthers game but watching union and afl tonite mainly
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be totally honest i had a feeling that many would feel exactly the same way. We might disagree about our team sometimes and it might even get heated but that's just because we're so passionate about them but in that way we're all cut from the same cloth. While i know we'll all support them to the hilt and see/watch them whenever we can it was always going to be hard to do when it came to the rest of the comp.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ditto to all of the above.

I watched some of the highlights from last nights games on fox...and found myself constantly thinking...how many teams will play this year who are also over the salary cap and will GET AWAY WITH IT.

Not excusing any of the misdeeds at Storm for one second at all....but there has to be only one rule.....and a lot of people believe that there are clubs who aren't playing by that one rule.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have watched all of the Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne AFL match tonight.
That is a real first for me for a very long time. Having said that I do have an AFL Dream Team and I have interest in that.
I don't feel like I want to watch NRL tonight. WHy watch a sport that my team can't compete fairly in?
I still can't wait for tomorrow night. But why watch two other teams going at it for two points when my team can't compete fairly?
2012 premiers. Legit.
stormfan
Squall
Squall

ditto to all of the above. i'm finding it just too painful to watch other teams play as if nothing has happened.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i feel the same way usally i write shit down like tryscorers ect but this wkend i havent been botherd i just cbf might look at stuff on monday but it just aint the same
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You guys too!! I just gave up on FNF and on saturday I didn't give a rats about the teams playing.

Might watch Dragons v Roosters at 3:30 but I'm really not that interested. Will watch our game though, definitely!