Jayco and Suzuki stick with storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Cooper wrote: Skins you pieces of shit!!!!

http://www.skins.net/en-AU/index.aspx
Composing my response to that shit right now...
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Im getting on the drink now.

As far as im concerned, this news of Jayco and Suzuki means we have financial security and are here to stay.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote:
I love Cooper wrote: Skins you pieces of shit!!!!

http://www.skins.net/en-AU/index.aspx
Composing my response to that shit right now...
Well I think I just bought my first and LAST skins product.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't say i've purchased a skins product before but i do know i never will after that shit.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They are so arrogant!!! Die in a hole. Never liked skins, so ugly!!!

Harvey Norman have said they are staying too.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Cooper wrote: They are so arrogant!!! Die in a hole. Never liked skins, so ugly!!!

Part of my response said exactly that:
...The anti-Storm sentiment contradicts clause 1.2 (proud, but not arrogant) and 1.4 (sportsmanship and the right spirit) of the document you are so proudly displaying.
Tossers!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

My hubby made the comment today 'why would you choose a product from or do business with a company who jumps ship at the first sign of tough times?'  :?

I agree with him.  Our loyal sponsors will continue getting any business we can give them as will any who sign up this year.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wear a long-sleeved Skins top for jogging in winter. I will never buy another of their products ever again.
It's one thing to stop their sponsorship, which is their perogative, but it's another to be so childish and amateurish.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote:
I love Cooper wrote: They are so arrogant!!! Die in a hole. Never liked skins, so ugly!!!

Part of my response said exactly that:
...The anti-Storm sentiment contradicts clause 1.2 (proud, but not arrogant) and 1.4 (sportsmanship and the right spirit) of the document you are so proudly displaying.
Tossers!
You left out 1.5 Perseverance.
the butcher
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

My response to them:

While I understand your decision to withdraw your sponsorship from Melbourne Storm as you believe that they don’t meet your Core Values, I also believe that you have shown yourselves to be an arrogant company with a pathetic home page on your website showing no respect for hurt, suffering and loyal fans. With this in mind I refer back to your Core Values ‘And we respect those who handle themselves both on and off the field with honesty, integrity and class’ The Storm may have let you down with honesty, you however have embarrassed yourselves with a lack of integrity and class!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

the butcher wrote: My response to them:

While I understand your decision to withdraw your sponsorship from Melbourne Storm as you believe that they don’t meet your Core Values, I also believe that you have shown yourselves to be an arrogant company with a pathetic home page on your website showing no respect for hurt, suffering and loyal fans. With this in mind I refer back to your Core Values ‘And we respect those who handle themselves both on and off the field with honesty, integrity and class’ The Storm may have let you down with honesty, you however have embarrassed yourselves with a lack of integrity and class!
Boom tish. Nice work. :D
2012 premiers. Legit.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A short response to the parent company pointing out the obvious childishness would be a better option.
After all the Swiss like neutrality & common sense.
http://www.skins.net/en-AU/get_in_touch ... tacts.aspx
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just to let you know Skins were fined 120k for price-fixing 2 years ago, they also claimed they didnt pay sports stars to wear there products, further investigations revealed they paid 29.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I get that they're trying to be edgy - it's part of their marketing - but that's a bit much.  Definitely in poor taste.
You had me at meat tornado.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have never had so much media coverage on this town before.  The front and 3 back pages in Weds. Herald Sun stunned me.

I just hope we don't lose the Vic. Gov't sponsorship.  They are making a decision on Tuesday.