CRAIG WILL BE SPEAKING

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow. I'm not ashamed to say i've got goosebumps and have even welled up a bit listening to our coach. To those that couldn't watch it make sure you do as soon as possible. A couple things he said are which were telling that i'm rewing and posting for those that missed it:

"I Love this club, i love these players, these players love our club. This club is great club, it's a strong club, it's a very proud club, it has also been a succesful club. This is why we stand here today united, we are not going anywhere, we aint gonna surrender. We as people and a rugby league club have a huge role to play in Victoria which we are most proud of. We will not walk away from this challenge. We will stand up for ourselves and fight our way back from here. That fight starts today and tomorrow it starts on the field"

Truly inspiring stuff and just what us fans wanted and needed to hea
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

FinchyBoy wrote: What's being said?
Bellyache read a prepared statement, but delivered it with passion.
Said basically that  they are shattered but vowed to fight there way back. The whole playing squad wasstanding behind him. Said that he loved the club and loved the players and loved us. Said the players feel the same. Said they will fight their way back. Said he welcomes a full and thorough investigation as he as none of the players have anything to hide.
It was typical passionate, fantastic Bellyache.
2012 premiers. Legit.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jellyhead wrote:
KimmorleyKiller wrote: That was awesome, pity Fox didn't show most of it.
It looked like they only missed a bit at the start.

Gees Craig was emotional hey.  *lima lima lima duck* I feel so proud right now.

I would have liked to see them walking united towards the media.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Thanks guys, sends shivers down the spine.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote: That's not Mel McLaughlin mate. Mel has no peer. :love2:
This chick is someone else. Don't know her name.
Edit: Alanah Smith
Yeah, I realised that after I sent it... they'll know who I meant.

And wasn't it blatantly obvious the remarkable change in tone from Murdoch.  Kudos to FoxSports for acting on the complaints.

As for Bellamy's statement, and the united front shown by the players... well... there are no words...  =D>
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

The power of the supporters!!!
Great work guys and Great Work Storm & Craig!!!!  Love our TEAM!!!!!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

From ABC sport.
Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says his charges will fight on and rebuild the club's reputation in the wake of the salary cap rort that has stripped the club of its competition points and two premierships.

Facing the media for the first time on Saturday with his entire 2010 squad by his side in a sign of solidarity, an emotional Bellamy said the club's fight to retain its integrity and dignity will start on the field against the Warriors on Sunday.

"This has been without doubt the toughest 48 hours of our sporting life," he said.

"We have been gutted with what has transpired in recent days. Our greatest accomplishments and what we cherish most have been taken away from us with the harshest of penalties.

"These guys behind me work their butts off for 11 of the 12 months of the year to be the best that they can be on the field."

Bellamy led Melbourne to four consecutive grand finals between 2006 and 2009, a period during which the club won two NRL titles ('07 and '09) and three minor premierships.

But revelations on Thursday of a five-year breach of the salary cap totalling $1.7 million, allowing Bellamy to name a crop of superstars in the same squad, has rendered the club's amazing run invalid.

Bellamy spoke from the heart about his side and its do-or-die attitude for the purple jersey, a quality Bellamy said will not wane in the coming weeks.

"The majority of them have been here since they were kids," he said, as several of his troops bit their lip and struggled to keep their emotions in check.

"They spilled blood for each other, for this club, for our members, for our supporters, for the development of rugby league in Victoria.

"They do it to win premierships, something we have been stripped of any chance to do this year.

"I love this club, I love these players, these players love our club. This club is a great club, a strong club, very proud club.

"This is why we stand here today united. We are not going anywhere, we are not going to surrender.

"We as people, as a rugby league club, have a huge role to play in Victoria which we are most proud of.

"We will not walk away from this challenge, we will stand up for ourselves and we will fight our way back from here."

"That fight starts today, and tomorrow it starts on the field."

Bellamy thanked the Melbourne faithful for their support, saying the club needed its fans to stand behind the Storm as it faces its toughest challenge yet.

"We truly feel for members and supporters," he said. "They are the most loyal and dedicated of fans.

"They have stood by us through tough times before. We ask that they stand by us now.

"I want to thank all the players' families and all our staff's families, for their unwavering support for everybody here at our club. We love you all."
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

great work from belly and the boys look hungry for revenge, and as ive been saying to all the people that have been giving me stick for this, and that is  "BEWARE OF THE STORM IN 2011 BECAUSE VENGANCE IS OUR VIRTUE"!!!!!!!!!!!

GO STORM..
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote: Video of statement:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/vide ... 02,00.html
thx for that link.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]