Starting to worry

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have had my phone ring all this morning with people from both NSW and QLD, saying that they heard on multiple radio stations that Bellamy has been stood down. Apparently Mark Geyer heard it through Matt and has been announcing it on air. To further top this off, apparently Channel 9 Sydney has said 3 players were involved.

Please someone tell me this isnt true.  :( :icon_frown:
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Given you posted this an hour ago and there's nothing showing up anywhere, I'd say it's just more BS from Sydney journos.  Probably some nuffie rang in and said he'd heard it from his mother's sister's uncle's neighbour's cat.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Dont know about Bellyache, but the '3 players' thing may have come from here-

Explosive new documents detailing secret payments to Melbourne Storm players were handed to investigators.

Acting Storm boss Matt Hanson surrendered documents, kept at his home, that detail allegedly illegal third-party payments to three players.

But they show that in at least one case the player was told all payments would be kept within the salary cap.
Full article - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/e ... 5857632667
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nothing on NEWS LTD organisations, youd think theyd break it first.

Mark Geyer is a tool who had nver been happy that Matt only got 10 minutes in the 07 GF.