Proud to be a Storm fan

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I come from a strong league family, moving over from NZ was a big decision for my family and I, as you would expect, Most of my family are Warriors supporters, but after being in Melbourne for 20 years, my family and I jumped at the chance to support Storm since their debut in 1998. In the years to come I saw so many great things that have come out of the club, I watched my Father start the Supporters club, I’ve seen family put on the storm jersey and play for the club I love, Ive seen my mother tell Brian Waldron to his face that she didn’t trust him and where to stick it  :P but far more importantly I’ve seen our club achieve the success that other clubs have spent decades trying to achieve.

Then yesterday came and like every other staunch storm fan on here, I felt like the insides of me had been ripped apart. It was as if there had been a death in the family and at the same time I felt betrayed by the management and those involved. I’d never felt so lost in my life.

This was only reinforced by the fact I’m currently undertaking my player manager course at uni, and to only reflect on the current events and ask myself, is this really what I want to be? Is this the type of situation I could involve myself in? I was at a loss and my head has been running at 10000km an hour the past 18 hours.

However, when I woke up for uni this morning, I decided I would wear my storm training shirt to uni, and at least in some way I can show my support and where my loyalty lies. Sure, I got so many looks of disgust and so many smirks, but one incident changed my perception. On the way to a class, I walked past a couple of Armour guards at the ATM, without any indication, one of them grabbed me by the arm and put his hand on my shoulder and said "that’s the way brother, we have to show faith, we will get through it, I believe and you must to"

Right then and there I realised that no matter what anyone says, Storm has given me something that no one else can and that’s hope. Hope that no matter what, if you try hard enough, you will be rewarded, hope that even if everyone writes you off, if you want it that bad, you will go out and get.
It’s this hope that makes me so proud to be a Storm fan, and rain hail or shine, I’ll be out in force with family and friends on Sunday to show the faith and provide hope to the club that has given me a lifetime of memories.

GO THE STORM! The only way is up from here guys.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

=D> =D> =D> =D>
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fantastic stuff mate. Terrific story. That guard is a lima lima lima duck champion too.
I thought long and hard about going on Sunday. Well I am.
I also thought long and hard about wearing any Storm gear because I did not want to get ridiculed.
Well stuff what anyone thinks of me.
I will be there in my scarf, polo and cap as usual.
If the unthinkable does happen, then I'm going down with the ship. And if the other unthinkable happens, then I will have every right to stand there on GF day and be as proud as anyone.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote: Fantastic stuff mate. Terrific story. That guard is a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing champion too.
I also thought long and hard about wearing any Storm gear because I did not want to get ridiculed.
If the unthinkable does happen, then I'm going down with the ship. And if the other unthinkable happens, then I will have every right to stand there on GF day and be as proud as anyone.
Im with u there brother! Its time to give it our all.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

It is interesting to hear someone else describes these events as like 'a death in the family' - that's exactly how I feel too.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mahoobla wrote: It is interesting to hear someone else describes these events as like 'a death in the family' - that's exactly how I feel too.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Anytime mate, still dont think its sunk in yet
VIC
Squall
Squall

i'll be there on sunday with my Storm gear.........very proud!

the fact remains we have a great side.......and i'm not going to let the actions of waldron make me resent the club!

long live the storm............we'll be back bigger and better!

And besides EVERY CLUB rorts the salary cap - that's a fact - so really it is a level playing field. The only difference for the Storm is that we have been successful!!!

So watch this space....there's more scandals to evolve amongst other NRL clubs - mark my words
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote: Fantastic stuff mate. Terrific story. That guard is a *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing champion too.
I am so so proud of you Tugga.

I took my storm scarf to work today to hang over the computer and as soon as work finished, changed into Storm gear to go shopping.  Got quite a lot of *Go Storm* comments at the shopping centre and someone stopped me to wish the team well and to fight on.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

CooperCronk wrote:
I am so so proud of you Tugga.

I took my storm scarf to work today to hang over the computer and as soon as work finished, changed into Storm gear to go shopping.  Got quite a lot of *Go Storm* comments at the shopping centre and someone stopped me to wish the team well and to fight on.
Good girl! Very proud of you too!
lima lima lima duck them. We are a family and they will never tear us apart.,
2012 premiers. Legit.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

I said it felt like a death in the family too...it just had all those emotions of shock, depression, pure physical sickness, shattered, confused...the list is endless...I am with you mate, there is no way on earth I am backing out now...As long as the storm are around, well, so am i!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mahoobla wrote: It is interesting to hear someone else describes these events as like 'a death in the family' - that's exactly how I feel too.
It didn't feel that way to me until I was on my way to work when it brought back memories of when I returned to work after my father's death and having to face my workmates who knew my passion for the Storm.

When I got to work and had EVERYONE giving their commisserations I nearly burst into tears, it felt almost identical to what I recalled. Even the people I expected to have a bit of a dig at me or the Storm were expressing their condolences.

I am glad my roster only required me to work a half day, that was a struggle enough.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I still feel sick about the whole thing..  And it does feel like a death in the family. Its been such a draining 48 hours...  The only think that makes me feel better is coming on this forum and reading everyone's uplifting comments. I'm still so proud to call myself a storm supporter.. I don't care what anyone says...

This is not just a club for me its a way of life
rainstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The way everyone in this forum has handled themselves over the last 48 hours makes me proud to be a Storm member.

I have taken so much support from reading everyone else’s experience and thoughts.

With a supporter base like this we can only survive and become even stronger with the rats removed from the club.

Storm for Life!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

rainstorm wrote: The way everyone in this forum has handled themselves over the last 48 hours makes me proud to be a Storm member.

I have taken so much support from reading everyone else’s experience and thoughts.

With a supporter base like this we can only survive and become even stronger with the rats removed from the club.

Storm for Life!!
Not ALL the rats OK  :shock2: Just the greedy illegal ones  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
rainstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yes i stand corrected. :lol:

Only the illegal greedy ones that have brought this pain on us.