OK so who is the Pig that squealed to the Auditors??!!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Freshy wrote:
glennb wrote: Who is Cameron Vale and what did he do at the club
Cameron Vale was formerly the Chief financial officer at the Storm. He's a top guy, true to his word and up front and honest. I personally believe he squealed because Waldron asked him to do the 2 books, its well known they had a falling out and soon after Cameron left for North Melbourne.
Is he squeaky clean? Sounds like he is one of the prime suspects in the investigation. 
Five past and present club officials face investigation.

They are Waldron, acting CEO Matt Hanson, chief financial officer Paul Gregory, former chief financial officer Cameron Vale, who left after a falling-out with Waldron to join North Melbourne, and former recruiting manager Peter O'Sullivan.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/polic ... 5857163988
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Former Storm boss Brian Waldron the AFL man who broke the footy code

Andrew Webster, Dean Ritchie From: Herald Sun April 23, 2010 12:00AM
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email
IT all started late last year.

NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert detected something was wrong and started sniffing around the Storm's salary cap activity.

But Cameron Vale, the former chief financial officer, was a crucial figure in their investigation, sources say. Vale left the club after a falling out with former Storm chief executive Brian Waldron.

Waldron is the urbane Melbourne sports administrator with the flash suit and upturned collar who left the AFL and walked into rugby league like he was stepping on to a yacht.

He took on the game's veteran club bosses and told them how to run their code.

"Waldron is a bully and he used to bully Cameron," a Storm insider said.

"They never got on."

Today, Waldron stands accused of masterminding the biggest rort in rugby league's 102-year history.

"He appears to be the architect of the whole shooting match," ashen-faced News Limited chief executive John Hartigan said

"In my view, if we're to be honest as a company and sport, we should look further than rugby league. We don't want people like that in sport in Australia."

While Waldron allegedly signed the cheques that made the Storm one of the most successful clubs in the NRL's history, Hartigan revealed the web of deceit extended far wider.

"There are a couple of people who have been stood down," he said. "There were other people I believe who were involved but are no longer with the club.

"Our inquiries so far have identified five people who knew about the effort to conceal these payments."

According to NRL boss David Gallop the breakthrough in the investigation was the discovery of a file in a separate room outlining payments that weren't declared.

It is unknown which players, and how many, benefited from the illegal payments.

Sources claim a former Melbourne employee - now believed to be working with an AFL club - had turned whistle-blower.

Storm chairman Dr Rob Moodie said he first had an "inkling" of the scandal of April 13.

There has been a stink about the Storm for longer than that. Mr Hartigan said he became aware of the drama only three days ago.

After learning of the salary cap breach, Hartigan ordered the Storm board to fly to Sydney.

The revelations brought to an end Melbourne's amazing dynasty and left the club covered in dishonour and shame. No team in 102 years of rugby league has ever been stripped of a competition title.
Sources claim a former Melbourne employee - now believed to be working with an AFL club - had turned whistle-blower.
Last edited by Joe_Storm_FB_2025 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why did he squeal now.  Why did he not do it last year when he left?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

How long was Vale at the Storm?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The more people that know about something not quite right, the more likely that it is likely to come out.  My dad always told me lies always come out.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why the hell would you keep another book?
I know, beside the point right, but its like having an affair and keeping videos.
You can be sure every other club is burning any evidence that could get them stung.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
gotta love rednecks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

ive been saying the same thing,just pay them in cash that is home delevired.if you were going to keep another book then dont keep it in the same building as the real one.but whats done is done
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where the hell did all the money come from anyway?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
gotta love rednecks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

you can only speculate,maybe news limited hahaha.memberships,merchandise,tv rights.how would you know
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

bula wrote: Where the hell did all the money come from anyway?
An article, I don't have the link now, claims that Storm accounted for fees of $20,000 per home game for the rental of the marquee up the river end of the ground even though they were getting it for free from MOPT.

Edit: here's the link.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -tg04.html
Last edited by Surandy on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Its funny isn't it , it may have been shifty,  but in the end not too smart,

Its well known in the lower level of business like the building trade or retail industry,  with cash money it has to be folding stuff, no paper work , you can hide it under a mattress , spend it on every day expences but dont put it into a bank account,

In other words, no records, no proof, your basic tradie for example  knows that,

Then we have the a profeesional organisation like this set themselves up for a big fall by not hiding their tracks.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Any such deal is a house of cards - it was destined to fall eventually, as can be seen the payment amounts were getting bigger and bigger.

I hope Waldren got less sleep than me last night.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron Vale is saying he knew nothing about it. 
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I admire the person that squeal on the storm to the NRL. We might not have a club if it was 10 years down the track.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I hate that the Balldron admin did it I wish it had never been started and we were still clean & upfront
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch