Who might go ???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe I am being unbelievably niaive...but I really don't think that any of Cronk, Smith, Inglis or Slater would ever play for another NRL team against their former team mates.

We have to keep Inglis at all costs.....23 years old.....195cm...108 kgs.....we haven't even scratched the surface with how good he will be.

Billy at 27 has 2 maybe 3 more years of top level league in him....

As much as it would kill me....I'd want Billy to go to ESL or rugby before losing any of the other 3 of the fab 4
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was watching NRL Tactics tonight where they said the latest rumour was that GI was going to the Panthers..was that because Matty Elliott was the guest coach? :D
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Personally,Slater and Inglis to go would be the best for you guys,Slater is great but i can see him and GI go,GI is almost a must
Slater cause he was lied to about the salary cap in his contract
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote: I was watching NRL Tactics tonight where they said the latest rumour was that GI was going to the Panthers..was that because Matty Elliott was the guest coach? :D
no...i think it was reported in the daily teleloadofcrapagraph today...

Elliott actually laughed when fat boy Raymond mentioned something about it.....he said...oh yeah....apparently Inglis is coming to us next year...

sounded like Elliott couldn't believe that the media could write such drivel.

as i read somewhere else......Inglis could get $500k watching paint dry...why the *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK* would he play for the Panthers
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He could do worse tho....Sharks are only good at winning the spoon and Gallop/Waldron and co is the only reason they wont get it this year
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Smith to Coach Bellamy....

"But coach...how are we going to get out on the park each week and play our guts out, knowing that we don't have any hope of getting points...."

Coach Bellamy to Cam Smith.....

"I really don't know Cam.....but I 'll ring Ricky Stuart to find out..."

LMFAO.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Cam Smith to Coach Bellamy....

"But coach...how are we going to get out on the park each week and play our guts out, knowing that we don't have any hope of getting points...."

Coach Bellamy to Cam Smith.....

"I really don't know Cam.....but I 'll ring Ricky Stuart to find out..."

LMFAO.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You just won the interwebz
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
buymeapony
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think Slater is prob the best option move on.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to lose any of the squad, but replace Billy with a "108 kg" G.I doing kick returs at speed is a pretty daunting prospect!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

buymeapony wrote: I think Slater is prob the best option move on.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to lose any of the squad, but replace Billy with a "108 kg" G.I doing kick returs at speed is a pretty daunting prospect!
Workrate, enthusiasm and effort. Give them to Joe and I might agree.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

buymeapony wrote: I think Slater is prob the best option move on.

Can he catch better than Ben Farrar? :O
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Didn't want to weigh in on this discussion, though the players that have contracts beyond this year, are they not meant to be honored? So that would leave the list of off contract players that has been listed in this thread already as the first to go? That would be my understanding of the matter, and as much as i love those players (and anyone to ever run out in storm gear for that matter) i wouldn't have too much of a problem with them playing against us next year and beyond.

Clearly the talent coming through the ranks has plenty of potential, but if we are able (and as i eluded, meant to?) keep our core, and i'm not just speaking of the 'big 4'  -  there is no reason whatsoever that the storm can't stay at the top for years to come. And i do mean as a complete dynasty ala broncos of old (i didn't particularly like them, being a former steelers supporter, but sure as hell respected what they accomplished). I'd be very surprised if the offloading of off contract players (plus maybe one or two others) wouldn't get us below the cap with room to spare for the salaries of newcomers.

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the problem with that is that if we are already projected to be over the cap next year, i'm assuming it wouldn't include anyone not currently signed??
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've read everything from "Hanson got the salary cap breach in 2011 down to only $230k" to "The investigations suggest that the Storm may be 1.3milion over the cap on 2011".

No one outside the Auditors knows for sure...certainly no one in *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK*ing newspaper Noddy Land.

Let's all pray to whatever deity we worship that it is closer to $230k...geeeeeez I hope Matt Hanson was doing his best for the club trying to turn the matter round.