Who might go ???

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One source suggested yesterday he had already managed total player payments down over the next two seasons, leaving the Storm only $230,000 over the cap in 2011 and $260,000 over in 2012.
Thought it would be salient to re-post this here.
Youd think Matt got it down to that level by deciding not to re-sign Tolman (if it includes a cheap contract for Tolman even better) and letting go of Lima, McDougall, Hinchcliffe, Norrie and obviously Finchy.

By my guess that would save

$200k - Lima
$120K - Tolman
$55K - McDougall
$140k - Hinchcliffe
$100K - Fichy
$55K - Norrie
$80K - Tandy

So thats $750K which roughly ties in to the reduced amount mentioned in the above article. Finding new homes for, as rumoured, Hoffman - $250K and White - $250K, would get us well under and maybe enable us to keep a veteran like Hinchcliffe or bring in some-one to play 5/8, which is looking a concern at the moment, especailly if Slater leaves and Widdop plays FB (his best position)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ide like Hinchcliffe to stay, he's really improving and wouldn't cost too much. I can't remember him having a bad game.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Foxsports website mid tier players Lima Finch Hoffy White are likely
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote: Foxsports website mid tier players Lima Finch Hoffy White are likely
These players make sense plus you would expect Tolman to leave.

Noa I can't see there's much sense in offloading Norrie and Tandy because we would be picking someone up on the same or at least similar value. These guys are solid players who you know can play first grade every week. The only reason for Norrie and Tandy to leave would be if the piranhas from the other clubs offered to pay them more even though they didn't want to know them when they came to the Storm.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:
mystormboys wrote: Foxsports website mid tier players Lima Finch Hoffy White are likely

Noa I can't see there's much sense in offloading Norrie and Tandy because we would be picking someone up on the same or at least similar value. These guys are solid players who you know can play first grade every week. The only reason for Norrie and Tandy to leave would be if the piranhas from the other clubs offered to pay them more even though they didn't want to know them when they came to the Storm.
I could see the benefit of keeping either but they wont stay for what their on atm and it will depend on what the likes of Kite, Bromwich, Makimare & Kali show when they get the chance.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:

totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i believe it will be
1. finch
2. tolman
3. lima
4.hoffman
and maybe white as we have a fewgood young props coming through the ranks...

i just hope we dont loose any of our core players(slater cronk smith) or inglis cause he is just a freak when he on his game...

that will be going....but will that free up enough money?
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

While you`re probably right I really don`t want Hoffy to go. The guys bleeds purple I swear and the thought of him playing in any others colours is sickening......although having said that I probably feel the same about the rest of the guys too. This sucks :icon_frown:
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finch, Inglis, Tolman, Lima, Quinn, Macdougall, Proctor, Hoffman... maybe White and Hinchcliffe. That'd be my guess.

The Tolman ending up at Belmore will be a sure thing if Hannant gets out of his release and Lima to Canberra makes sense as well... Canberra need strike power up front and if they can put it together over the next few years they'll be well on the way to challenging again.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i would say the same thing although just reading on facebook the sister of gareth widdop has said she is gonna be an aunty and i dont think she has anyother siblings other then gareth so that would mean gareths partner is having a baby

he might leave to secure his future
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: i would say the same thing although just reading on facebook the sister of gareth widdop has said she is gonna be an aunty and i dont think she has anyother siblings other then gareth so that would mean gareths partner is having a baby

or he might stay to be close to his family..??
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: i would say the same thing although just reading on facebook the sister of gareth widdop has said she is gonna be an aunty and i dont think she has anyother siblings other then gareth so that would mean gareths partner is having a baby

He wont have to.

His future is here, wearing the 1 or 6 next year.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

noa nandruku wrote:

He wont have to.

His future is here, wearing the 1 or 6 next year.
Lets hope its number 6!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Players might be forced to leave the Club....but as we know......they never ever really "leave"......
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Reading that Sinbad Kali may be on his way to Wigan ASAP.

Hopefully he does well, has alot of ability but injuries have set him back. I remember that game agaisnt Parra from a couple of years and thought he was the most impressive newcomer we had that day.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

im hoping we can keep the big four ,

I think if we offload White and hoffy, rumors were circulating they wanted to go to England soon, before the salary cap scandall hit,

and Quinn, Lima has been rumored to go for a while , Tolman will go but that wont save us anything, same to Finch , both on small wages,

the question is, will that be enough ?

When working it out, you cant just subtract the players wage, you also have to add back on the players wage who replaces him on the list.

So if for example Hoffman is on 250 , and the player who replaces him in on the minimum of 65 (?) , then you only cut off 185.

It's not going to be easy.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm