So whose staying...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Phantom
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bourbon Rat wrote: What about the NSW Cup side & the Under 20's ?
How does this affect them ?
I ask the same question.  This has yet to be explained.

And as for staying, we'll be there on Sunday, as long as it isn't a ticketed game (General Admission only).

But our family were only talking the other about our support for the Storm and how good they were as we also follow Richmond and West Ham.....so at least we are used to cellar dwellers...and stick with those teams.

Oh well...The Vixens should make the finals.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So far, ME Bank and Skins are NOT staying... HostPlus announcement coming soon...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Harvey Norman staying on...
Harvey Norman founder and chairman Gerry Harvey, whose company is a major sponsor of the Storm, said he will stand by the the club.

"I don't support cheats but what I'm saying is it's a bigger picture," he told ABC Radio.

"There's the next swimming scandal, the next tennis or golf or whatever sport shock ... and we all drop it - so that's the end of sport," he said.

"Sport is bigger than one or several, even, incidents."
endo
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Insomniac wrote: Apparently Harvey Norman staying on...
Harvey Norman founder and chairman Gerry Harvey, whose company is a major sponsor of the Storm, said he will stand by the the club.

"I don't support cheats but what I'm saying is it's a bigger picture," he told ABC Radio.

"There's the next swimming scandal, the next tennis or golf or whatever sport shock ... and we all drop it - so that's the end of sport," he said.

Now there is a sensible attitude.. Not pulling the "You don't align with our values" BS as a cop out.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

endo wrote:

Now there is a sensible attitude.. Not pulling the "You don't align with our values" BS as a cop out.

Couldn't agree more. Whilst I do understand these sponsors wanting to distance themselves from
it all I really believe they're just taking the easy way out. How about sticking by the club as most
of us supporters will do, help re-build it into a force again. I applaud any sponsor willing to stick
by the club  =D>

I mean seriously, I would be more likely to use a sponsors services or product if they stuck by us
than deal with any sponsor that dumps us. I've never thought to myself that I'll deal with these
sponsors because of their values etc. Its because of our common interest in the Storm that would
sway me to deal with them and now even more so if they stick by the club. Again, why punish all
of us for the errors of a few?
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

good to hear
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In the wake of all this we got off our bum and renewed our memberships (we've been poor ok). My mother rang the club to do hers and spoke to them. They have been inundated with calls of support and people renewing and purchasing memberships. They were quite astounded at the amount of support coming in from fans. We have even had friends up this way show their support by purchasing purple patch memberships as a very kind gesture to show their support to our fans, members and team.

In a really crazy move we are moving heaven and earth right now to organize last minute flights to Melbourne this weekend.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Silkin
Squall
Squall

Go  girl
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as much as it hurts to have the soul ripped out of u from the admin who has lied and deceived their supporters i will be staying true to the TEAM.

ive idolised the players who wore the jersey since i was 8, i wanted to be just like them in every way both on and off the field. sure this incident has made me think a number of things but i believe bellyche when he said he didnt know. but if it turns out that players knew about it then i may change my attitude.

but these players were a pawn used by the big wigs. i hate them but these players get out ther every week and try ther best to entertain us. we follow passionately and should continue to do so.

i said i would cut up my membership card but ive toned down now. im staying by my team, i want to show them that they still have my support. i will be there on sunday and i will be showing them that there are alot of people who still care about them and are not on the 'i hate storm' bandwagon
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormBec wrote: In the wake of all this we got off our bum and renewed our memberships (we've been poor ok). My mother rang the club to do hers and spoke to them. They have been inundated with calls of support and people renewing and purchasing memberships. They were quite astounded at the amount of support coming in from fans. We have even had friends up this way show their support by purchasing purple patch memberships as a very kind gesture to show their support to our fans, members and team.

In a really crazy move we are moving heaven and earth right now to organize last minute flights to Melbourne this weekend.
That is really inspiring StormBec. Thanks for sharing. You are a gem!
2012 premiers. Legit.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormBec wrote: In the wake of all this we got off our bum and renewed our memberships (we've been poor ok). My mother rang the club to do hers and spoke to them. They have been inundated with calls of support and people renewing and purchasing memberships. They were quite astounded at the amount of support coming in from fans. We have even had friends up this way show their support by purchasing purple patch memberships as a very kind gesture to show their support to our fans, members and team.

Great to hear Bec. It's stories like these that give a little bit more hope that there's light at the end of the tunnel and we can get through this as long as we all do our bit to support the team. I think it's imperative that we all show up in numbers on Sunday to show News that they have every reason to stick with us and every bit as important to show the boys and our coaches we're behind them 110%. I reckon that'll give them a massive lift knowing we aren't going to abandon them, we all couldn't be more passionate about our club and now is the time to show it more than ever.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need to belt this out on Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Has everyone thought of all wearing black on Sunday to commemorate the death of innocence of our club?  Or would it just look like we were Warriors fans?

I'll be there if only to be around people who feel the same way as me. Have only lived in Melbourne for 3 years, but I'm truly gutted & confused. So many conflicting emotions in my head right now.  ???

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

black is the warriors so we cant do that

all supporters should go to olympic park tomorrow at 515pm for storm training
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nandruku wrote: We need to belt this out on Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw
I,m with you Noa, I have got Goose Bumps just listening to it. Could we get the club to put the words on the screen when they run out!!!! Can the banner Crew copy this on their banner????

Great Idea, I fly in tomorrow and cannot get there soon enough.
Last edited by BigG on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.