Im gutted with you...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MaguireOnFire
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Melbourne Storm fans,

You, the fans, don't deserve this... even though I fanatically support another team, I share some of your pain, and wish like you, this whole disaster wasn't true. 

I can't understand the full extent of how dissallusioned (maybe even disgusted) to how you feel. I also feel deeply for the players who probably just wanted to play football and were told, 'don't worry, the manager and the club have sorted out a good deal for you.' The players would have trusted that, and in good faith turned up to help win their team another game. The same for all of you supporters. You wanted a good team who you could be proud of - and were.

Yes, there is great rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne, and it does feel like no one likes you up here. Truth be known: success always breeds jealousy and hatred; competition always brings out the bitter rivalry in some. Yet, like the team I support, no one up here in Sydney likes us, and we too feel it is us against the rest of the league world.

Storm fans, I still herald your success, and even though my words have little use for how you must be feeling right now, you do have my utmost respect and support, as a fellow supporter and human being.

Be strong - you have to be

Maguire on fire.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks for the Support
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We thank you for your words having even a few who are supporters form other places understand its not us but the management that has gutted us is worth every keystroke to us who are in Pain right now...

Empathy  is appreciated Thank you
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cheers for that mate it's appreciated. True RL fans who love the game no matter who they support would feel empathy for the players and supporters involved knowing how gutted we all are, the others who can't wait to sink the slipper in aren't true fans. If they were they wouldn't be so quick to rejoice what is a very dark and sad day for the game.

Thanks again.
40-20
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks for the support.  There's not too many out there who understand we the fans are the ones who have been ripped off.
MaguireOnFire
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I personally think that after everything has hit the fan, and those responsible - or in the know - have been revealed, then the CEO's of the other clubs should agree to let the Storm start from scratch (now) and be allowed to play for points and the premiership this year.

All the supporters who are licking their lips, and saying suffer in your jocks right now, aren't realising the fallout this will have on the whole NRL for this whole year:  State of Origin will lose out because of the amount of Melbourne players involved and probably demotivated; a serious premiership threat has been removed giving the whole competition a second rate to it; and Bellamy and NSW has a huge question mark over it now.

Don't get me wrong Melbourne, I've every reason to be bitter against the team since I'm a Manly supporter, but for the good of the game, the good of the future of the players and the success in Melbourne, and the good for all you supporters, there has to be some agreement with the other CEO's to allow the Storm to win points again this year.

I know this is just my opinion, and others from other clubs reading this will think I'm an idiot, but if any man or woman is a lover of the game (despite how they personally like to hate the Storm) then they must be allowed to play with a reason to win this year.
Scotty
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

MaguireOnFire wrote: Melbourne Storm fans,

You, the fans, don't deserve this... even though I fanatically support another team, I share some of your pain, and wish like you, this whole disaster wasn't true. 

I can't understand the full extent of how dissallusioned (maybe even disgusted) to how you feel. I also feel deeply for the players who probably just wanted to play football and were told, 'don't worry, the manager and the club have sorted out a good deal for you.' The players would have trusted that, and in good faith turned up to help win their team another game. The same for all of you supporters. You wanted a good team who you could be proud of - and were.

Yes, there is great rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne, and it does feel like no one likes you up here. Truth be known: success always breeds jealousy and hatred; competition always brings out the bitter rivalry in some. Yet, like the team I support, no one up here in Sydney likes us, and we too feel it is us against the rest of the league world.

Storm fans, I still herald your success, and even though my words have little use for how you must be feeling right now, you do have my utmost respect and support, as a fellow supporter and human being.

Be strong - you have to be

Maguire on fire.
I am with Maguire on this. As a fanatical League fan, and loyal Manly fan, I have looked forward, and dreaded the clashes between our two clubs. Never liked the Storm, but always respected their professionalism, and winning culture. Much as I would've liked seeing you at the bottom of the table due to simple rivalry, I definitely didn't want to see it happen like this. I just don't know how this great game will survive in Melbourne without a club like the Storm. As fans, we all go through ups and downs, but we all need to be strong when our club faces the wall like this.  I just hope there can be some common sense and a sense of worth can be brought back to the club by allowing the team to generate points this year, even if they are stripped for now. I am sure that Doggies fans can sympathise with this too. I genuinely wish you all the best and wish you to stay strong and support your club despite it's trials. Good luck, your club needs you now more than ever.

Scotty
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanks for the support, and for showing a hell of a lot of class.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Appreciate your sentiments Scotty - I am an absolutely shattered Storm supporter
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Tempest wrote: Thanks for the support, and for showing a hell of a lot of class.
QFT. I fear rugby league may not be the same after today. It most definitely won't be here in Melbourne.  The worst thing is that AFL & rugger tools will be seeing this as a day to rejoice as they laugh & scoff at us. It is going to be tough wearing Storm stuff to the game on Sunday knowing that you may get abused. Kind of like being abused after a funeral.

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

Tigers fan - shocked at this. The club and admin must be punished - but this is a few too many Slater style kicks into the head of the fans in my opinion.
You - the fans - don't deserve this.

I hope The Storm survive for the good of the game, and the independant commision we so badly need.
Last edited by your kettle is black on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just so shattered... went to the last 3 GF's, been a member for a few years now and then this! Just can't explain how bad this feels... I'm sitting behind my desk at work at my eyes are welling up with tears. The things I'd say and do if I saw Brian Waldron right now are beyond reprehensible
billb
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm a Tigers fan & this is tragic news for league as a whole.
BUT you the Storm fans don;t deserve to be kicked for what your club's administration has done.
Keep your heads up.  Lots of people are thinking of and supporting you.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

MaguireOnFire wrote: I personally think that after everything has hit the fan, and those responsible - or in the know - have been revealed, then the CEO's of the other clubs should agree to let the Storm start from scratch (now) and be allowed to play for points and the premiership this year.

All the supporters who are licking their lips, and saying suffer in your jocks right now, aren't realising the fallout this will have on the whole NRL for this whole year:  State of Origin will lose out because of the amount of Melbourne players involved and probably demotivated; a serious premiership threat has been removed giving the whole competition a second rate to it; and Bellamy and NSW has a huge question mark over it now.

Don't get me wrong Melbourne, I've every reason to be bitter against the team since I'm a Manly supporter, but for the good of the game, the good of the future of the players and the success in Melbourne, and the good for all you supporters, there has to be some agreement with the other CEO's to allow the Storm to win points again this year.

I know this is just my opinion, and others from other clubs reading this will think I'm an idiot, but if any man or woman is a lover of the game (despite how they personally like to hate the Storm) then they must be allowed to play with a reason to win this year.
And if Melbourne were to fold, then imagine the impact on the upcoming TV rights. I am absolutely gutted.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maguireonfire, billb and your kettle is black...

thanks for the grace you have showed at this time.

It would have been all too easy to dance on Storm's grave at this time.

I know I still have my health and my life and opportunities beyond all measure.....so for that I am thankful.

BUT today I have sat and watched this...with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.

everything I beleived in with Melbourne Storm now seems like a vanishing oasis.

I will do everything I can to continue to support the players and the team and the club.

I truely hope Craig and the boys knew nothing of this....because that will at least keep a little light of hope alive in me about Melbourne Storm
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time