SO WHO WAS INVOLVED IN THIS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Acting CEO Hanson, Former CEO Waldron so far.but in the press conference its says 5 people knew of the false auditing.Stood down at the moment is Hanson and a senior member of the team.Does this mean a player or Bellamy
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ide hat to think Bellamy was involved or Cam given he's the captain.
I've got a bad feeling Waldron and Bellamy knew. Please be wrong
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bellamy has made a statement but cant find it,he has said he will be there for the long run so will players TIME WILL TELL
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BIG JIM wrote: Bellamy has made a statement but cant find it,he has said he will be there for the long run so will players TIME WILL TELL
O'Sullavan comes to mind!!!!

What the fans need to do is still get behind the players this weekend and show their support for them. It's the accounting that is at fault, the players have no idea what each other is on money wise, it's the bean counters at the top who have gone over the limit and now the Players and Fans are suffering. I have it on good authority that players are in bits and there were a few tears this morning when it was announced. How empty must they be feeling right now.

So lets get behind them this weekend and show the players, who you go to watch week in week out that we are behind them.
Last edited by BigG on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Too right Big G its true let us get behind the players.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

BIG JIM wrote: Bellamy has made a statement but cant find it,he has said he will be there for the long run so will players TIME WILL TELL
Also said that he, his staff and all the players had no idea that the club was doing shifties.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Posted by: Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Insert Quote
Quote from: BIG JIM on Today at 04:58:57 PM
Bellamy has made a statement but cant find it,he has said he will be there for the long run so will players TIME WILL TELL
Also said that he, his staff and all the players had no idea that the club was doing shifties.
If Craig or the players were involved then that will be the kicker for me. Craig really seems like a straight up bloke - if he knew then I'm quite possibly gone. I can support players and coaches who didn't know, after all admin is often quite removed from the 'ground' as it were. BUT if they were all in on it, I can't really support that kind of dishonesty.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I'm with you minichick - right now my heart is telling that there is no way Bellamy or the players could have known about this. If it turns out that they did - I would not be able to support them any longer. I will be there on Sunday for the players and coach and I will give them a standing ovation - they need our support. They have worked their guts out for the club - they must be shattered.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, if the players and Bellamy were involved, I won't support them until there's a new coach and roster.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was speculation Storm was in trouble for salary cap breaches early last year, which could have been a result of the earlier seizure of documents, but that came to nothing due to the club's denials.

It has emerged that Hanson, who resigned his post last Thursday and then detailed the extent of the club's activities to the players on Friday, offered his resignation to Waldron in November 2008.

That was just six months after he joined the club on what was supposed to be a temporary basis, during which time he became aware of what was going on.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/audit ... 5858111065

Combine this with something I read yesterday and Matt Hanson may be as much a victim as anybody
Thor19
Squall
Squall

there was some absolute crap written(courier mail)  about Bellamy needing to resign - he must have known.
Watch out they will be a lot of "must have knowns".

The gist of it being he needed to have known what was paid to recruit and get rid of players.
So here is the scene - Bellamy to Waldron - Can you get me that file from your home to check out the player payments?
or let's go to your home to work out next year's roster?

I don't think so .. Bellamy seems like the type of guy that if there was wrongdoing he would crack it and walk away.
That is the mentality he has instilled into the team. That is what is coming out from the players.

There will still be more "gutter press" or "bum and tits" press to come out. 90% will be crap to get a headline
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Coaches are always kept away from payments and contracts with players. Coaches look at their list, and tell the football operations and recruitment guys "this is who is expendable" and "this is who we need". It's then up to those guys to work the numbers and the CEO to do the deals.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yet more evidence that Matt Hanson shouldnt be ostrisized

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5858550782

Bolded the most important point in this article, seems like we may not have to get rid of many more players.
One source suggested yesterday he had already managed total player payments down over the next two seasons, leaving the Storm only $230,000 over the cap in 2011 and $260,000 over in 2012.

It has been made clear since the scandal broke that the amount of the club's breach on player salaries had snowballed from an average of $200,000 a year between 2006 and 2008, to $400,000 for 2009 and $700,000 for 2010.
At least one player agent was trying to negotiate a new contract for an emerging star this year and was told by Hanson words to the effect of: "This is all we can pay."
Last edited by noa nandruku on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Player agents have got a lot to answer for also.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote:

Bolded the most important point in this article, seems like we may not have to get rid of many more players.

One source suggested yesterday he had already managed total player payments down over the next two seasons, leaving the Storm only $230,000 over the cap in 2011 and $260,000 over in 2012.

It has been made clear since the scandal broke that the amount of the club's breach on player salaries had snowballed from an average of $200,000 a year between 2006 and 2008, to $400,000 for 2009 and $700,000 for 2010.
At least one player agent was trying to negotiate a new contract for an emerging star this year and was told by Hanson words to the effect of: "This is all we can pay."

If that's true (lets face it we don't know what is and isn't atm) then it's very interesting indeed and obviously very good news for us in regards to player retention. That said i'm not getting my hopes up too much right now, i'm just wondering with all the talk of players we'd allegedly have to shed and the absolute shellacking we've copped from every angle why the Storm wouldn't have come out earlier than this was revealed and make it be known? Whatever the case that'll be great news for us if true so here's hoping.
Last edited by Ice on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.