Can the club recover?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

How could the players not know though? they were getting the extra money. I mean unless the club told them that it was sweet and all legit...but i find it hard to believe the players involved were clueless.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

On one page it lists what the payments were for - a lot were things like non inclusion of FBT and agents fees - the players could have got cash expecting it was their full wage without any idea that all the costs were not added into the cap - their agents would have been communicating the offer to them not the details of how the cap is made up
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: How could the players not know though? they were getting the extra money. I mean unless the club told them that it was sweet and all legit...but i find it hard to believe the players involved were clueless.
Do you know what others in your workplace are getting paid?

I've never walked around my work and said, hey mate how much do you get paid?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oh ok, thanks for that. I havent read into this with detail been to shattered to confront it :(

Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: How could the players not know though? they were getting the extra money. I mean unless the club told them that it was sweet and all legit...but i find it hard to believe the players involved were clueless.
Do you know what others in your workplace are getting paid?

I've never walked around my work and said, hey mate how much do you get paid?
No i meant the players that were being paid extra....shouldnt they have known! Not the other guys in the team. But storm rhinos answered my question....

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote: I'm with Noa Nandruku...the young fellas aren't giving up.
Been on Facebook to see how my son (Tohu) is taking it & his comments plus Slade Griffin's & Josh Jerome's (and thats just so far...) are full of pride in wearing the purple jersey, their talk is about representing the club & going hard - can't wait to pull on the jersey on Sat, etc.  These guys could be the future of the club given half a chance & they won't get that if the supporter base hasn't got the same kaha as them
Chip, is Tohu your boy ? You should be proud of him (doh!), really impressive young player, especailly the way he has at times dominated his NYC opponants so soon. Yep, one who is definately a future star here.

BTW warn him to ignore any sledging coming his way from the feral Parra fans this week. I reckon they'll cop all sorts of crap.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIC
Squall
Squall

For all you lima lima lima duck two faced *lima lima lima duck*, who are talking about abandoning the Storm, and Rugby League etc etc, get this through your THICK HEADS:-

By all reports, the architect of the five year scam was Brian Waldron (who was an AFL blow in who is no longer with the club!!!). Because of the actions of 1 lima lima lima duck and a few other moron administrators, is it justifiable to punish the whole club??????????????????????

I don't think so, the Storm is more than just Brian Waldron, or about a handful of dodgy admistrators!

The Storm is about the players, about the culture that has been instilled amongst the players, it's passionate supporters etc etc, and in a few weeks time, it's new stadium!

For those, who are looking at abandoning the Storm because of this - well your fickle supporters, and you should be ashamed of yourselves - so GET lima lima lima duck!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Subtle that was Vic ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
VIC
Squall
Squall

Sorry Bourbon Rat - it's been a lima lima lima duck today, and I'm just so lima lima lima duck annoyed how fickle supporters are ready to punish the club because of the actions of a few!

They need to stand back and understand who is to blame here....
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Waldron, AFL, Carlton, VISY, Essendon, WA mineing magnates.

We got in too close with these AFL blow-ins.
VIC
Squall
Squall

Right on Noa!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't be sorry Vic
If you weren't that passionate it wouldn't hurt as much - That's what makes you a Storm fan
And what just might keep us alive
See you Saturday - Sunday  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
VIC
Squall
Squall

Thanks Bourbon Rat......I'll be there on Sunday alright....if anything, this will unite us as club.....and HOPEFULLY News Limited can appoint some decent administrators sooner rather than later...
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Some of us are just shocked and unsure what to think at the moment....i love the club as much as anyone does....i was in tears earlier...i love the club so much and i hadnt read all the details properly first and i guess still dont know the facts 100%....its just so many different emotions and feelings and arghhh....:(

pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: Some of us are just shocked and unsure what to think at the moment....i love the club as much as anyone does....i was in tears earlier...i love the club so much and i hadnt read all the details properly first and i guess still dont know the facts 100%....its just so many different emotions and feelings and arghhh....:(
Me the same. Ive been feeling like tearing up all this afternoon.
Personally all I can do, is go to the new stadium on Saturday, then go to the game on Sunday. Keep it simple.
This club means too much to me, I cannot walk away.

On Sunday, Anzac day I hope they honor the day like they did last year by performing the "last post" before the start of the game. If they do, I think I will be feel a bit more emotional than I felt last year. Not to take away from the significance of what ANZAC day means but just this added stuff thats going on now.