Can the club recover?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

The club has lost all credibility. Will lose all sponsors, membership will drop dramatically and support will be almost nonextent for quite some time.
Can the club recover? Will people support the club still?
So many questions?
Is this a fatal blow?
Last edited by tugga on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 premiers. Legit.
StormHibs
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

End of the club for me
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We will still  be here its not the boys its the fish head who was managing us
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Silkin Storm wrote: We will still  be here its not the boys its the fish head who was managing us
Yet they (and us) are the ones being punished, now having nothing to play for this season.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I say if the players weren't involved they should boycott the season. Why play for nothing if you've done nothing wrong?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

If the players cannot get points this season there is no point laying their bodies and potentially lives on the line, simply put the NRL needs to schedule all games Vs us as a bye.
And no we cannot recover when almost half our history is false thanks to Waldron and Henson and someone who now works somewhere north of the border maybe near Bondi
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've got mixed feelings, I hate them but feel for them
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we're in a world of hurt.  An absolute world of hurt.  This has the club on deaths door
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

StormHibs wrote: End of the club for me
End of the game for me.

NSW and QLD can have it FFS.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Crippstor wrote: If the players cannot get points this season there is no point laying their bodies and potentially lives on the line, simply put the NRL needs to schedule all games Vs us as a bye.
They can't do that due to the TV rights contract.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote:
Crippstor wrote: If the players cannot get points this season there is no point laying their bodies and potentially lives on the line, simply put the NRL needs to schedule all games Vs us as a bye.
They can't do that due to the TV rights contract.
Maybe its a good payback to CH Nein. Final Revenge!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i'll still support the club because i love the game and want to give those kids that run out at half-time and those young men in the sg ball team a future
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Looks like I'm putting on hold my plans to get a new jersey. If any of the current sponsors don't have the balls to keep on supporting the players by sponsoring the team then I want nothing to do with them.

I might even go back to wearing one of my caps from back before sponsors were on them.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

shattered :'( :'( :'( :'(

We got lied to. many of us have spent thousands on this club since day dot and we are repayed like this? ....hurts so much to say but i dont know if i can support them anymore?...which means no Rugby League for me. Sad sad day
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm with Noa Nandruku...the young fellas aren't giving up.
Been on Facebook to see how my son (Tohu) is taking it & his comments plus Slade Griffin's & Josh Jerome's (and thats just so far...) are full of pride in wearing the purple jersey, their talk is about representing the club & going hard - can't wait to pull on the jersey on Sat, etc.  These guys could be the future of the club given half a chance & they won't get that if the supporter base hasn't got the same kaha as them