Round 7 vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Word is that Tolman has done a medial. If that;s the case, then 4 to 6 weeks.
2012 premiers. Legit.
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

Full credit to the lads what a performance. After all that's gone on this week it was a joy to see such entertaining play and the players showing their passion for the club.

Even though we didn't get the points i still really enjoyed how creative we were and hopefully we can keep it up for the rest of the season.

23 k is a fantastic turn out, must have been a great atmosphere.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Any ideas on what membership is right to take at this point of the season?
It depends on where you'd like to sit and how much you're willing to pay.  They're all full season packages so if you'd really like to become a member, do it soon before you miss out on any more games.

For what it's worth, I'm a Premiers Club member.
You had me at meat tornado.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

The crowd was good but we need to consider two important factors:

1) The club gave away thousands of free family passes (2 adults, 2 children) so this would be added a huge amount of spectators
2) A lot of "gawkers" turned up - you know the same ones that turn up to a car crash just to look at the damage

I think we probably got about 7500 supporters - the rest were made up of factors 1 & 2 above
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster here.  Figured now was the time post something!

Awesome effort by the guys tonight, wish i could have been there. Was great to see all the guys stand up, i'm sure i speak for all storm fans when i say that we appreciate it!

I'm still proud to be a storm supporter, and will definitely be making the trip for the next home game. Was also thinking it would be a good time to become a member  (not that i wanted to publicly admit im not one :P)  Any ideas on what membership is right to take at this point of the season?

One last thing  -  Storm 4 Life!
Welcome to you....the bigger the Storm family the better.

What a great night.....so many people united as one and the boys are simply HEROES.

Workout if you want to sit side or ends and then buy the best membership you can afford.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

billythekidslater wrote: The crowd was good but we need to consider two important factors:

1) The club gave away thousands of free family passes (2 adults, 2 children) so this would be added a huge amount of spectators
2) A lot of "gawkers" turned up - you know the same ones that turn up to a car crash just to look at the damage

I think we probably got about 7500 supporters - the rest were made up of factors 1 & 2 above
Yeah.  You obviously weren't there.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

billythekidslater wrote: The crowd was good but we need to consider two important factors:

Are you a *lima lima lima duck*ing moron.....

everyone of those bums on seats is a supporter, member or potential future supporter or member.

everyone of those people is also a reason why Melbourne Storm must and will survive in Melbourne.

everyone of those people is also reason why the NRL was wrong in the severity of their penalty.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

I'm just saying that 2/3rds of the crowd got free tickets. It's a reality.
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I agree that you are not thinking and were probably not there
The free tickets are spread out during the season SO that thinking is wrong...
There were also a couple of raiders supporters there tonight vowing to come & support us for the remainder of the year  except when we were playing them... Nice to have their support
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I heard the people behind me (who arrived later than I did) say that when they went past the membership tent, a lot of people were filling out forms.  It will be interesting to see what our membership counter is at after they next update it.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

For those that couldn't make the game, what were the commentators like?

Were they bearable? Did they crap on like usual?
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

OK so I've had a chance to digest the game. 40-6 should have been the score considering:

1) The Warriors had their best 3 players out - Price, Vatuvei and Mannering
2) They are a hopeless travelling team
3) They got 40 points put on them by Penrith at HOME last week
4)They had a huge crowd against them (most a rent-a crowd)
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:D :D :D
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wasn't able to watch the game, had it on radio and the commentators liked what they saw  - also had a huge amount of sms support for the storm (on that, would love to know where other media groups are pulling their public polls from)

Hoffman and Slater where interviewed post game, Hoffy notably answering a question relating to (if memory serves) his outlook on the future, as, after a long pause  -  can't answer that one.  Not sure if that means we're going to lose him sooner than we'd like (which was my first impression) on rolling it around a bit, i think he just genuinely couldn't answer.

@billythekid  -  i doubt most the crowd got in for free, the crowd sounded extremely vocal, you don't get that from people just turning up.

Thanks for the feedback RE: membership too.  I think i will go with Premiers club. Was what i considered going with, missing a few games won't have much detriment due to distance for me, if possible i want to make as many home games as possible from now on.

Cheers,
            KHoI.
Storm 4 Life~