NYC 2010

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote: I heard on FoxSport news that there were a few fisticuffs thrown at the game, so not surprised about the sin-binning.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing the guys on Monday night live for a change.
Cheer 'em on for us. I'll be lucky to get to the ground much before kickoff due to work.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: I heard on FoxSport news that there were a few fisticuffs thrown at the game, so not surprised about the sin-binning.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing the guys on Monday night live for a change.
Cheer 'em on for us. I'll be lucky to get to the ground much before kickoff due to work.
Not working on Monday, so I will do that. :D
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Josh Jerome
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Kirisome Auva'a
4. Brayden Wiliame
5. Bennett Leslie
6. Ben Hampton
7. Jordan Meads
8. Kenny Bromwich
9. Jake Hawkins
10. Mitchell Johnson
11. Sam Martin
12. Slade Griffin
13. Blake Leary (c)

14. Ryan Marlin
15. Pita Maile
16. Jordan McLean
17. James Barker
Pretty sure Avuaa and Hampton played Sg Ball on Saturday, be interesting to see who comes in. 
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disappointing loss but I wouldnt look too much into it. Showed heart to win the 2nd half and had a few players out. Donmt think the coaching staff has helped by not settling on a backline combinations but expect that to settle down over the next month. Once SG ball finishes we will be a lot stronger with 3 or 4 players coming form that side straight into the thunderbolts. Namely Tohu Harrris, Maipele Morseau, Mahe Fonua, Ben Hampton and possibly Young T. and Herschall Gideon.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Brayden Wiliame
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Kirisome Auva'a
4. Slade Griffin
5. Robbie Kurth
6. Jordan Meads
7. Jake Hawkins
8. Rulon Nutira
9. James Woolford (?)
10. Mitchell Johnson
11. Sam Martin
12. Theo Stuart
13. Blake Leary (c)

14. Ryan Marlin
15. Jordan McLean
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Josh Jerome
- 2 Vic boys on the wing  :D.
- The sooner Griffin moves to lock the better
- Dane Chisholm may still come into the side(played NYC on Monday). May be injured but wasnt named in NSW cup.
- Does anyone know for sure if Avuaa is playing SG Ball as well.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

didnt dane chisholm play nsw cup and then nyc last week or was it just me going a little loopy
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thats what I thought, but heard some-one call who I thought was Dane, Jye, but they looked similar.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i sat near the tunnel on sat for the nsw cup and was deffinitly playing in that game and am pretty sure he was in the 20s unless he has a brother/twin or a lookalike
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really struggling to understand what Pay is trying to acheive with the NYC and am really doubting his coaching ability. He has a game winner in Dane Chisholm on the bench, uses him sparingly and when he comes on all it does is mean the backline doesnt have any rythym (even though we looked the best when he was on) with all the chopping and changing. He uses 2 simlar players in Meads and Hawkins in the halves, both good players but both a bit slow and wont threaten the line much. He has two props that were setting a great platform at the start of the year on the bench even though McLean looked the most damaging prop in the few minutes he played. He continues with Griffen in the centers even though it makes our bakline painfully slow, Slade is a great young player but he is a back-rower.

I'll give him a couple more weeks as we have Hampton, Morseau, Harris and Fonua available for selcetion so its time for Pay to settle on a team for the eyar and stop tinkering with his backline.

Personally Id go with

1. Morseau
2. Faamusili
3. Avuaa
4. Jerome
5. Wiliame
6. Chisholm
7. Hampton
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Brayden Wiliame
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Kirisome Auva'a
4. Slade Griffin
5. Robbie Kurth
6. Jordan Meads
7. Ben Hampton
8. Rulon Nutira
9. Jake Hawkins
10. Mitchell Johnson
11. Sam Martin
12. Tohu Harris
13. Blake Leary (c)

14. James Woolford
15. Kenny Bromwich
16. Jerome Wilson
17. Jordan McLean
No Theo Stuart , Woolford on the bench (still may start), Griffen still out wide, Wiliame should be on the wing or at center, Jerome should be on the other wing.

On the positive there is  better balance with Hampton in the side.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

**** me you got to leave a trail of bread-crumbs to find some threads now.

Anyway Cowboys up 32-16.

Another change in the halves, Mclean averages nearly 10 mtrs a carry but has to play second fiddle to a couple of nuffies.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Sun May 02, 2010 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sounds like there was a good attempt at a comeback but just not quite enough. 34 to 30 against us.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Its cruel we can't get to see the away games live here in Melbourne, so of course can't really make any comments on today's game.

At least foxsports news has a constant update on the scores.

We clawed our way back to lose by only 4 points in the end.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

**** me you got to leave a trail of bread-crumbs to fond some threads now.
Good case for making the NSW Cup & U20's running threads into sticky's ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

source: www.melbournestorm.com.au

A brilliant second half comeback wasn't enough for a gallant Melbourne to snatch victory in an entertaining under-20's clash with North Queensland, going down 34-30 at Dairy Farmers Stadium on Saturday.

Trailing 34-10 with just over 20 minutes left, the young Storm outfit never gave up, running in four tries to almost snatch an astonishing victory.

The Storm were left to lament a slow start against the league-leading Cowboys, surrendering two tries in the first 10 minutes on the way to a 22-10 half-time deficit.

Both sides crossed for six tries, with the goal kicking of Cowboys centre Kyle Feldt proving the difference.

Feldt had a strong night for the home side, amassing a personal tally of 18-points.

Lock Blake Leary was sensational for the Storm scoring two tries, while winger Edward Faaumausili also grabbed a double and was involved in plenty of good work.

But after three straight wins to start the season, the defending premiers have now gone five games without a win to lose further ground with the NYC top eight.

Storm coach Dean Pay was pleased with the way his team never gave up in the second half.

"We were a long way behind but the boys stuck at it and we could have won it in the end," Pay said.

"It was a much improved performance on the last few weeks.

"In saying that we let them get a couple of soft tries which in the end cost us the game.

"It's an area we really need to fix up.

"But we worked really hard tonight and we have to make sure we back it up next week."

Which is a tricky home clash against top eight side the Broncos at the new AAMI Park on Friday night.

Melbourne Storm 30
Tries: Leary 2, Faaumausili 2, Hampton, Kurth
Goals: Leary 2, Hawkins 1

North Queensland Cowboys 34
Tries: Feldt 2, Segeyaro, Ulugia, Cooper, Uhi
Goals: Feldt 5