Official WCC Squad

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Billy Slater
Dane Nielsen
Greg Inglis
Luke Kelly
Brett Finch
Todd Lowrie
Adam Blair
Ryan Hoffman
Kevin Proctor
Jeff Lima
Aiden Tolman
Jesse Bromwich
Cam Smith
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Hep Cahill
Matt Duffie
Willie Isa
Sinbad Kali
Rory Kostjasyn
Luke MacDougall,
Anthony Quinn
Ryan Tandy
Gareth Widdop
INJURED Melbourne Storm centre Greg Inglis will fly to London with his teammates tonight in a bid to play the World Club Challenge against Leeds.Inglis, who has a hip complaint, was booked to fly on Thursday and would have missed Storm's hit-out against Harlequins next Monday.He will continue his rehabilitation and might have to play 20 minutes of the first match to prove he is fit enough to face Leeds the following week.
Prop Jeff Lima is making the trip under an injury cloud after suffering leg tightness. Storm is sending a 23rd man to cover veteran five-eighth Brett Finch, who played longer than expected in the All-Stars game at the Gold Coast on Saturday night.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/greg- ... 5830245421
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stoked to see Sinbad Kali on the flight & great to hear Dane Nielsen may be playing center which was my preference. Going by the trial wouldnt be suprised to see Widdop at 6 and finch at 7 if Kelly doesnt stand up in the Quins game.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think kelly will go good against Quins and I hope so because I don't rate Widdop as a half, when the side is named for the trial game  at least we will get to see who is ahead of the right wing wing battle.
Last edited by Fizer on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so what was the point of bringing bryan norrie to the storm? wasnt he ment to be going to england to play the wcc
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

I'm pretty sure that Byran Norrie is signed to NSW Cup with the view that he could be moved up like Ryan Tandy and Hep Cahill last year.  Nothing lost by this.

Rory Kostijasyn is a surprise inclusion.  Must have really impressed given he is not in the top flight squad and the opportunity to take another under 20 player for the experience must have been appealing.  Will be interesting to see if he gets any playing time.
Ahhh McGahan; you've done it agahan....
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Assuming that Kostjasyn is there as a back up in both the halves and at hooker.  He is a bit older and more experienced than the under 20s and if they are serious about going there to win, it was probably felt that he is a bit further along development wise than say Woolford and so was a better back-up in the short term.

I think Norrie was brought in as back-up for the WCC and early season matches, but Kali and Tandy have both come back a little bit earlier than expected and so he was probably not needed.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

[quote="Noa Nandruku"]
Stoked to see Sinbad Kali on the flight & great to hear Dane Nielsen may be playing center which was my preference. Going by the trial wouldnt be suprised to see Widdop at 6 and finch at 7 if Kelly doesnt stand up in the Quins game.

Kelly is traveling has 23rd man but should go alright in London.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sweet as...considering injuries thats a decent side.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Super Cronk wrote: Sweet as...considering injuries thats a decent side.
Though some have moved on.
And we've injuries of course.
A Storm with some Thunder.
Makes a powerful force. 
:swav:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From watching the Finch video on the os and looking closely at the training bits you see and taking in the all stars weren't involve. I would say MacDougall is ahead of Duffie and Rory Kostjasyn was doing half back duties so he is ahead of Kelly.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

matt duffie wont be in the team who plays leeds he is on his way home to play a trial with the nsw cup sqaud on the sunshine coast
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So I guess Luke MacDougall will start the season outside GI (thats where Id have him anyway with his speed).
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

From looking at the trial footage on the os I think it will be Quinn outside GI and MacDougall outside Nielsen.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:(, Quinn is an average finisher imo.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm fairly sure that I remember Bellamy saying that Quinn would go outside of GI at some point this summer so MacDougall outside Nielsen sounds about right.  Wouldn't mind seeing Widdop there either.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world