Thundersquad

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Okay, i'm not sure how many of you forum members are going to be apart of the thundersquad for 2010. But does anyone have any ideas on how we could run it so it is an organized group?
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From what was said at the forum on Sat the club will decide on a couple of leaders within the area from those that have decided to become members in the area.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rabble_1 wrote: From what was said at the forum on Sat the club will decide on a couple of leaders within the area from those that have decided to become members in the area.
And of course they will be looking for people from that area to put their names forward for the job.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From what was said at the forum it sounded like it was a 'pet project' of Hanson's & that the club would meet with leaders,(?) to discuss how it was run.
So.......................Who is going to be Joffa & wear the gold jacket  :?
sarcasm in case you missed it

Also asked about people in the 'Thundersquad' area moving to sit with new people they've brought to a game in the normal GA area.
Answer - NOT ALLOWED  ???
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bourbon Rat wrote: From what was said at the forum it sounded like it was a 'pet project' of Hanson's & that the club would meet with leaders,(?) to discuss how it was run.
So.......................Who is going to be Joffa & wear the gold jacket  :?
sarcasm in case you missed it

Also asked about people in the 'Thundersquad' area moving to sit with new people they've brought to a game in the normal GA area.
Answer - NOT ALLOWED  ???
That's one of the most amazing things I've ever heard! Apparently this also applies to the other reserved seating memberships.  Imagine not being allowed into GA area to sit with your friends...
So in essence they're saying "if your friends come to a game (and want to sit with/near you) and you have no available seats near you, you will have to BUY tickets in whatever area to all sit together" - boggles the mind this one  :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I really find this hard to believe.  If you have a card/ticket to get into the graound you can sit in GA.  No one is going to tell you to move out of GA and into your seat in the stand.  Anyone inside the ground can sit anywhere they like in GA.  Once inside the gates you do not have to show you ticket/card to anyone to sit in GA, even if they ask.  I have been doing it for years.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote: I really find this hard to believe.  If you have a card/ticket to get into the graound you can sit in GA.  No one is going to tell you to move out of GA and into your seat in the stand.  Anyone inside the ground can sit anywhere they like in GA.Once inside the gates you do not have to show you ticket/card to anyone to sit in GA, even if they ask.I have been doing it for years.
You,I & common sense understand this.The people at the club apparently do NOT.
It seems to be a "put bums on seats for TV" thing  ???

The ratpack had all their forms paid & handed in together,so SHOULD be seated together,but what about the rest of the famliy,(who can only come to a few games due to work),or new people we introduce to Storm games.
Do we say "Sorry we can't sit and enjoy the game with you.It's not allowed".

Someone did voice this at the forum,(son could only come to some games) & it was suggested if they wanted to sit with their son then they should advise him to buy a similar membership  ](*,)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i know that the issue of moving into other seating areas is an issue with Victory supporters i know regarding their membership packages for next season, so there is the possibility there are stadium limitations too
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

glennb wrote: I really find this hard to believe.  If you have a card/ticket to get into the graound you can sit in GA.  No one is going to tell you to move out of GA and into your seat in the stand.  Anyone inside the ground can sit anywhere they like in GA.  Once inside the gates you do not have to show you ticket/card to anyone to sit in GA, even if they ask.  I have been doing it for years.
that's fine at other grounds but from the sounds of things Storm will be policing the areas, I'm willing to bet this has something to do with tv coverage - if too many members from the reserved seating areas move to the GA it will really show on the tv......of course I could be wrong  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: i know that the issue of moving into other seating areas is an issue with Victory supporters i know regarding their membership packages for next season, so there is the possibility there are stadium limitations too
From what I understand Victory has no un-reserved seating,(GA) The seat you are allocated via your membership is it for the season.I guess anything left over is for walk up sales ?
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you have a reserved seat in the stands.. but then go and sit in GA you are now taking up 2 seats.. the one reserved in the stand and the one you are now sitting on in GA....... this would only be an issue on games that are a sell out.

At OP it did not matter so much as games were not a sell out...

At the new stadium there is more than likely security into each area... Storm did say that it would be lax on this in non sell out events... so for the most part you are safe to go to the GA area....

I agree with Tigger the main reason for allocating specific seats rather than an area - is due to Storm having control - either for TV or other reasons beyond me. The TV will be heading towards the Eastern Stand where the majority of seating is allocated.....
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormFront wrote: If you have a reserved seat in the stands.. but then go and sit in GA you are now taking up 2 seats.. the one reserved in the stand and the one you are now sitting on in GA....... this would only be an issue on games that are a sell out.

At OP it did not matter so much as games were not a sell out...

At the new stadium there is more than likely security into each area... [/b]Storm did say that it would be lax on this in non sell out events... so for the most part you are safe to go to the GA area....

When I renewed my membership, I asked about moving from a reserved area (in my case the Premiers Package area) and was told that for non sell out games, you could go to the GA area to meet up with friends if they were sitting there...so at least that's a good thing.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I got the impression at the forum, that when the question was put to him, he said 'No you can't move' then realised that this was a bit stupid, and then backtracked and said they would look into it. 

I know they are really keen to get sell out's but I think if we are moving to a stadium with realistically double the capacity, that they wont have 'sell out' issues in the short term.

I don't have an AFL membership but I know my sister has an allocated seat, but if my kids go with her, they just sit somewhere else (and I don't think the seats are that bad), so I would think if they could work it at Docklands and the G, they should be able to do so at TD.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

From the information I have read from these posts I must say I am very disappointed by the poor stadium seating rules. You would think if you pay more than general admission you have the right to move to General. Even if were 'not allowed' I will go there whenever i need to...what are they going to do, check everyone who is sitting down tickets?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Unfortunately the club & the members,(in general) have differing objectives & views on 'game day in the new stadium'

The Club :
Appears to have an expectation that there will be lots of near capacity games,(with large walk up numbers).

Wants to have as many bums on seats in fixed locations as possible,so it looks good on TV.

Seems to want to control,(or at least organise) the parochial passion that Storm fans are known for.

The average member :
Though willing to pay for an expensive membership,would still like to sit with family & friends that come to game infrequently.If this means moving to an unreserved area so be it.Leaving an empty seat for TV is not high on the list of game day priorities for the average fan.

Took offence at having the ground announcer,(who sometimes had little knowledge of the game) telling them when & how to cheer,so organizing the diverse & passionate groups that occupied OP will be interesting.

Has no faith what so ever in ever getting game coverage at a decent time from the current FTA provider,yet is asked to pander to that providers demands.

I am sympathetic to the club's need for full stadiums,good views on TV,(From channel 9 ?) & a sustainable revenue,but I don't think bludgeoning existing members with a rolled up magazine was the right option.