New Stadium Opening

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

What the lima lima lima duck is with the Storm? Today I get an email titled '2010 Hail Storm Ed. 3' what happened to Ed 1 & 2?!?

Also, the membership booklet said that ALL 2010 would get the chance to buy tickets to the Anzac Test on May 7th with a 10% discount and that we would be advised well in advance before tickets go on sale. Now we get told that to get the discount we had to be 2010 members by 5pm on Feb 10th!!!  Two days BEFORE the email was sent! Not only that, the priority purchase period is 9am to 5pm on Monday 15th of Feb! Well done on the advance notice!
Melbourne Storm wrote:EXCLUSIVE MELBOURNE STORM MEMBER BUYING WINDOW
VB Test Match – Australia v New Zealand

The count down for May 7, 2010 is on!  The official opening of Storm’s new home will kick off with a weekend of explosive Rugby League.  And as a 2009 or 2010 Melbourne Storm Member, you will get first access to purchase your seat to this historical event.

The NRL, together with Melbourne Storm, are offering ALL Storm Members first priority to secure a seat at the inaugural Rugby League match to be played at Melbourne’s new Rectangular Stadium.

Priority Purchase Buying Window:

Available to:  All 2009 & 2010 Melbourne Storm Members

When:  9am to 5pm Monday, February 15, 2010

How:  Tickets are available through Ticketek on 132 849, at Ticketek outlets or online at www.ticketek.com.au by using your unique code*

*Unique Codes will be sent via email from the NRL, you must use this code to purchase tickets during this priority access period.  If you have not received your unique code please contact the Melbourne Storm Membership Department on (03) 8412 4900 or membership@melbournestorm.com.au.

This offer is for 2010 Members Only. If you join up by 5pm on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 you will be eligible to receive a 10% DISCOUNT on the ticket purchase price, across all ticket categories. 

Just another reason to become a 2010 Melbourne Storm Member!

CATEGORY 1 CATEGORY 2 CATEGORY 3
ADULT $85.00 $60.00 $30.00
Concession $65.00 $45.00 $20.00
Family* $235.00 $165.00 $80.0
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's 200 members too mate, so the date is no real issue
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: it's 200 members too mate, so the date is no real issue
Huh?
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Think that was supposed to be 'it's 2009 members too'
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

hey Surandy, that's what I was thinking too - the priority purchase window notice was given to us 2 days before they go on sale and only for 8 hours too. 

Poor form by either the Storm or NRL.  I guess we'll get some spin saying it was beyond our control
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Taliesin wrote: Think that was supposed to be 'it's 2009 members too'
But the 10% discount only applies to 2010 members who signed up prior to 5pm on Feb 10th. That means anyone that was waiting for the forum before signing up miss out on the discount. That is bullshit as we were told in the membership brochure that ample notice would be given, also it's bullshit if you want to get tickets during the priority booking period as we weren't given any notice to arrange/move funds to pay for the ticket.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I always expect to get screwed over by NRL / Storm office

I'm rarely disappointed  ;-)
samo
Squall
Squall

i was a 2009 member and am yet to renew in 2010 (but will), i was emailed my code number etc for ticket purchase on monday.

wots the problem, surely the majority of us were 2009 members so there should be no dramas re: tix to the oz v nz at the discounted price.

samo
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah, was meant to say 2009 members... oops! lol

Then i re-read about the discount... and it does look like we're getting screwed over.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

samo wrote: i was a 2009 member and am yet to renew in 2010 (but will), i was emailed my code number etc for ticket purchase on monday.

wots the problem, surely the majority of us were 2009 members so there should be no dramas re: tix to the oz v nz at the discounted price.

samo
Read my posts if you want to know what the problems are.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

discount applies to any storm member who resigned before today.  You would have gotten an e-mail this morning with a code.
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK
My brother used the code & 2009 membership cards to get 8 tickets at an outlet this morning.
He tried to get seats in what is the "Thundersquad" area in the seating plan,but ended up with.
Northern stand - Row A - Seats 271 to 278
Which he said was on the fence in Bay 36 ? This view ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bourbon Rat wrote: OK
My brother used the code & 2009 membership cards to get 8 tickets at an outlet this morning.
He tried to get seats in what is the "Thundersquad" area in the seating plan,but ended up with.
Northern stand - Row A - Seats 271 to 278
Which he said was on the fence in Bay 36 ? This view ?
If you're on the fence Ratty I wouldn't bet on that view, you wont be up that high  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I know  ;-) but I don't have an "artists impression" of the fence view  ;D

Once a fence rat - Always a fence rat.
The only place that has room for backpacks under seats without hindering other fans Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields