Who is going to the Forum on Saturday?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ok so who is going on Saturday and whether you are or not... if you could ask one question what would that be?

Mine would be... the Storm have always been supportive of families and young kids however this year the
packages and social club will be far to prohibitive for many families ... why have Storm taken the path
that will isolate the majority of its core supporters and future supporters?
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can't seem to get an invite. :(
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

CaptainKlutz wrote: Can't seem to get an invite. :(
Huh? You need an invite?

I'm going, my main question is to assist me in choosing my seat allocation for 2010. My second question is about the seating arrangement for Docklands considering we'll be playing 25% of our home games there in 2010.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote:
CaptainKlutz wrote: Can't seem to get an invite. :(
Huh? You need an invite?

I'm going, my main question is to assist me in choosing my seat allocation for 2010. My second question is about the seating arrangement for Docklands considering we'll be playing 25% of our home games there in 2010.
I thought you needed an invite.

Do this Klutz and other potential klutz's a favour and post a link or info about the event please. :idea:

Dose chess dip Err?
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

AHHH HAAAA This Klutz found it.

Event   2010 Membership and New Stadium Information Forum
Event Type:Special Event
Start Date:13 Feb 2010 13:00 PM
End Date:13 Feb 2010 15:00 PM
Melbourne Storm invites you to attend the “2010 Membership & New Stadium Information Forum”.

The Forum will provide everything you need to know about our move to the new Stadium and answer questions you may have relating to your 2010 Membership

2010 Membership will be available to purchase on the day

Date: Saturday, February 13 2010
Time: 1.00-3.00pm
Where: Hisense Arena, Melbourne Park Olympic Park Precinct

If you haven’t already registered your attendance, be sure to do so by email to membership@melbournestorm.com.au by 5pm on Wednesday, February 10

Include your name, member number (if applicable) and the number of guests you want to bring along.

If you don’t have access to email you can phone through your registration on (03) 8412 4920.

The Klutz phoned the registration details this time :D

And will ask no questions as I'd probably klutz it up anyways. Will be eagerly awaiting to hear the answers of the above Q's though. :D
Last edited by CaptainKlutz on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dose chess dip Err?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had every intention of going and was looking forward to it but i've gotta head to the races. I look forwrd to hearing how it goes and what responses we get the the questions that most Storm fans are asking especially in regards to membership.

Yours would be a great one to open up with Stormfront  ;-)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone get the feeling this forum is gonna get bitchy
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Anyone get the feeling this forum is gonna get bitchy
Nope, it's not a feeling to me. Coz I know it's gunna be a free for all.  ;D
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Can't go, have a previous engagement absolutely spewing though!

Posted by: Surandy
Insert Quote
Quote from: sallymay on Today at 11:48:27 AM
Anyone get the feeling this forum is gonna get bitchy

Nope, it's not a feeling to me. Coz I know it's gunna be a free for all.  Grin

OH hell yeah - get into it I say!!! And have a go for me as well, thanks.... :lol: :lol:
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep... I`ll be going with a couple of friends. By the sound of it it should be fun to watch. ;D
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I really hope the club use it as a chance to LISTEN to the fans AND take appropriate action.

I think it is great that they are doing this - but they need to actually take the next step with it - not just give vague answers to questions and dismiss the points being raised.

The point I want to raise at the forum is in regards to public transport - I always catch the train to Melbourne Storm games and with the greater capacity of the new stadium is it going to be even more of a crush on the train going home?? Connex always claimed that Olympic Park events were not 'Connex' events and so no extra trains were scheduled (I complained time and time again to Connex about overcrowded trains after Storm games). I want to know if the new stadium will form a relationship with Metro trains and actually support Melbourne Storm games by putting on extra trains.

All my other concerns will be well and truly covered by the other fans - I'm sure about that.

It should be an interesting way to spend a Saturday afternoon!!!

See you there

Julie
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mahoobla wrote: I really hope the club use it as a chance to LISTEN to the fans AND take appropriate action.

I think it is great that they are doing this - but they need to actually take the next step with it - not just give vague answers to questions and dismiss the points being raised.

The point I want to raise at the forum is in regards to public transport - I always catch the train to Melbourne Storm games and with the greater capacity of the new stadium is it going to be even more of a crush on the train going home?? Connex always claimed that Olympic Park events were not 'Connex' events and so no extra trains were scheduled (I complained time and time again to Connex about overcrowded trains after Storm games). I want to know if the new stadium will form a relationship with Metro trains and actually support Melbourne Storm games by putting on extra trains.

All my other concerns will be well and truly covered by the other fans - I'm sure about that.

It should be an interesting way to spend a Saturday afternoon!!!

See you there

Julie

Julie i see your point i went through that until i found the pub outside Richmond Staion i now have a skin full and get on a later train with a guaranteed seat.RESULT
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Good turn out for the Membership & New Stadium Forum, about 1,100 to 1,200 turned up.

From the pre-planned speeches, the worst seats in the new stadium are 32 metres from the playing field compared to the worst at Etihad being 63 metres (no mention of the comparison to OP). The closest seats are just 6 metres from the playing field.

Some key dates coming up:

February 15th for access to tickets (maximum of 4 per member) to the Australia vs New Zealand test match, the code being emailed includes an automatic entitlement to the 10% discount (so contrary to Hail Storm ed 3 this includes 2009 members as well).
March 5th deadline for membership renewals for priority seating.
March 14th Members Family Day at Olympic Park
April 2nd opening home game against the Dragons, Storm are working closely with the Good Friday Appeal for this and Channel 7 are wanting Storm supporters/members to stick around after the game to form a guard of honour for emergency services as they enter the ground.
Mid April new ground open day (date is unknown at this stage).
May 7th official ground opening with Australia vs New Zealand test match.
May 9th first NRL game at the new stadium Storm vs Broncos which they expect will be a sellout.

New stadium's name has not been decided, down to a short list of 4 but no mention of who. The unofficial name of Thunder Dome might be used by the Storm but they are still thrashing out the legalities given that is the official name of Calder Park.

New stadium seating arrangements do not allow for reserved seat members to bring a friend and sit with them so basically if you are planning on bringing friends then buy a GA membership and then upgrade (much to a lot of disgruntlement).

The blanked out areas on the seating chart, they are reserved for game day purchases. Level 3 of the western stand will be opened for game day purchases if presales suggest that they'll be needed (there's about 5,000 or 6,000 seats and Storm save about $5,000 or $6,000 by not opening that section). The ticket types for the blanked out seats will be the equivalent to the same seats on the eastern side.

3,000 memberships have been sold to date, quite a bit of selling appeared to be occurring before and after the forum. Storms costs for 2010 have increased by 108% on their costs for 2009.

Storm are trying to arrange for the on-site cafe to show away games live but they are still working on that.
Last edited by Surandy on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good summary
And it didn't come with 1.5 hours of spin & question evasion  :twisted:

Interesting point : Our usual corner spot on the fence at OP was around 6 metres from the playing field.
I got tired of hearing the spin line "There are no bad seats at the new stadium".

THERE ARE BAD SEATS.
The most expensive sideline seats have a closer position & those behind may have a higher/clearer view of the field but a lot of seats are no better than the outer reserve & GA areas of OP.

I look forward to moving to the new stadium & no doubt lots of fans will be hanging out for the promised creature comfort of 'undercover seating'.Not to mention the "18 corporate suites",though I can't see how they will accommodate 1100 corporate entities  ???

O Well.....................Membership arranged & paid,with hopefully our group remaining together. OZ - NZ tickets on Monday,then we can all go back to normality until March,(WCC excepted if it gets televised ?)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Taliesin wrote: Good summary
And it didn't come with 1.5 hours of spin & question evasion  :twisted:
Ahhh, spin & evasion. I had to laugh at the response to the repeated complaints, "it can't be that bad, we've sold over 3,000 memberships in under two weeks!"  :lol:  In other words, "we don't care so take it or leave it!". Not a great way to grow the brand. Although there were a few questions/complaints that were pretty stupid.
Taliesin wrote:O Well.....................Membership arranged & paid,with hopefully our group remaining together. OZ - NZ tickets on Monday,then we can all go back to normality until March,(WCC excepted if it gets televised ?)
WCC is listed as live on Fox Sports 2 on Monday 1st of March from 5:30am to 8:30am. I presume this means that Nein won't be showing it, wouldn't want to interfere with their regular programming.