Proctor

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Melbourne Storm's Kevin Proctor avoids court conviction

January 27, 2010

Melbourne Storm rookie of the year Kevin Proctor was on Wednesday fined $400 in the Gold Coast Magistrates Court for behaving in a disorderly manner, the NRL club said.
No conviction was recorded and Proctor was not required to attend the court hearing in person, the Storm said in a statement.

The Storm's board has supported sanctions placed on Proctor by the club for engaging in anti-social behaviour.

Proctor has been fined $4,000 by the club and ordered to undergo alcohol counselling sessions for his part in a minor incident on the Gold Coast on December 27.

Acting Storm chief executive Matt Hanson said the club had acted swiftly in sanctioning Proctor.

"The clear message is that when players are out in public they must act in a manner that is socially responsible," Hanson said.

"That is a non-negotiable for players and staff when they become a part of this club.

"Kevin understands that and has accepted the sanctions imposed. We are confident that Kevin will learn from this mistake and not place himself at further risk in the future."

AAP
Font size:
Increase font size
Decrease font size
Send this article:
Print this article
Email this article

Font size:
Increase font size
Decrease font size
Send this article:
Print this article
Email this article
Last edited by Tigger on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Yeah a bit irresponsible but nothing to freak out over. Think you're overreacting to be honest.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ordered to undergo alcohol counselling, what a crock of shit. Maybe they should send him to counselling for being a 20 year-old male as well.

I know we have standards, but FMD we go overboard with punishment sometimes, and its all superficial window dressing anyway.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

get rid of this scum NOW!!!!!!!!!!
We thought we had - but you keep posting  :twisted:
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can't believe the club keeps recruiting these idiots. Wow.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

your an idiot gothestorm
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Havent heard from GTS for a while. Must of finished the re-payment plan on his over-due electricity bill.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

When I heard the news on Proctor tonight I had a bet with myself that Gts would make in appearance on this forum tonight...and yes, here is is. :lol:

So, straight to the point, what did Kevvy do that got him into trouble? ;D
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A MELBOURNE Storm player who was ejected from a Surfers Paradise nightclub for behaving badly has been fined $4000 by the football club and ordered to undergo alcohol counselling.

Kevin Proctor, 20, of Palm Beach, was sanctioned by the Melbourne Storm board last night after yesterday being sentenced in Southport Magistrates Court over an incident on the Gold Coast on December 27.

The former Gold Coast Titans junior and Palm Beach Currumbin High School student has also been selected for New Zealand's national rugby league team.

Proctor's solicitor, Campbell MacCallum, said his client wished to plead guilty to behaving in a disorderly manner at Shooters nightclub in Surfers Paradise.

Proctor was not required to appear at the hearing.

The court was told Proctor had been arguing with his friend, who was having an altercation with bar staff.

There you go, that gets you a $4000 fine and a media-release sent to every news outlet in Australia these days telling them your in alcohol counselling .
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

honestly i no we have some sort of no dickheads policy or what ever, but a 20 year old getting on the turps in the offseason is basically expected. let them live a little, he didnt hurt anyone, didnt hurt himself and no one would have really known if the club didnt send out a release
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

SO he has a few beers and is an alco?...wait why am i even questioning anything GTs says. Possible the biggest moron to walk the face of this earth?...*sigh* oh what i would give for admin rights.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As some have already stated the whole having to undergo alcohol counselling is a joke...a 20 year old getting in a minor altercation while out on the town on the Gold Coast...seriously? alcohol councelling? Shit maybe i should looking at alcohol counselling aswell?
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Regardless of any thoughts about the punishment meted out, you've got to applaud the Storm for taking action rather than sitting back and getting their reputation tarnished by an over-exuberant media.

This would've made the front page news if it was a player from a NSW club.