Chase Stanley to miss 10 weeks.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chase Stanley injury adds to Melbourne Storm woes By Russell Gould

THE pre-season injury curse has struck Melbourne Storm again with boom recruit Chase Stanley undergoing a shoulder reconstruction that could keep him out for the first 10 weeks of the season.

Stanley, recruited from the St George Illawarra Dragons to fill one of the vacant outside back positions, hurt himself in a training drill on Monday and joins three teammates already doing recovery for shoulder injuries.

Coach Craig Bellamy said Stanley would almost certainly have been in the 22-man squad travelling to the UK for the World Club Championship.

"It was a a bit of a pre-existing injury but he hurt it again. It's about three or four months out, it's not good. We've had a lot of operations," Bellamy said.

Storm are already resigned to being without premiership players Cooper Cronk, Brett White and Ryan Tandy for the start of the season as well as giant recruit John Kite.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Injuries are weighing heavily on Bellamy's mind and he is fearing more disasters happening to his players involved in the upcoming All Star game.

Storm internationals Greg Inglis, Adam Blair and skipper Cameron Smith are definite starters for the February 13 game on the Gold Coast while Billy Slater is leading the public vote for the final spots.

All four only returned to training last week after playing in the successful Four Nations tournament last November.

While a supporter of the concept of the All Star game, Bellamy couldn't be any more disappointed with the timing, or the number of players he has involved.

It was supposed to be only one player per club involved in the All Star team and Bellamy just hopes they all get nursed through.

"The four likely guys that are going to be in it all played overseas at the end of the season and have had three weeks training before the game, which is ridiculous. They are in great danger of getting hurt," Bellamy said.

"Three weeks preparation, especially for a game that is going to be as intense as that, we are a bit worried about that."

index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=56&acti ... ;board=1.0

Bad news, Im very comfortable though with Dane Nielsen going to center, his defence is water-tight. Isa isnt a center and Justin isnt ready yet. Surely as well Matt Duffie will start the season now in first grade.

PS. Isa on to the other wing if Quinn isnt ready to go
Last edited by noa nandruku on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Devastated for Chase who I know was training the house down, but rather he was injured at the start of the year than the end and He will come back at a good time at the start of origin time.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

:icon_frown: :icon_frown: :icon_frown:

Isa might get another early season chance to prove something
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullets wrote: :icon_frown: :icon_frown: :icon_frown:

Isa might get another early season chance to prove something
Yeah, I think Isa has the potential to be a very good winger, in the mould of Anthony Quinn (cept bigger, quicker & smarter)

And no Bullets, it wasnt me  8-[ .
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stopped by training for 10min to watch training today and Isa was exclusively at RC, with Neilsen outside, Quinn was always outside GI.

Isa does look $1million though and has bulked up.

Other things I saw

- Justin O'Neill was running laps ?
- Sika Manu was dragging an anvil around the outside of the oval  :o.
- Dane Chisholm wasnt involved in anything. Naughty boy maybe.
- Sinabd kali looks fit and focused. Expect a big year.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

We got young guys who can cover for the time being.

Buying a player with a dodging shoulder isnt very smart though.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given the nature of the game i'm sure the vast majority of blokes who are recruited at any club would have some pre existing injury but it hardly means you shouldn't recruit them. If that were the case no player who had a previous injury would ever get picked up.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

True. But some injuries are worse then others.

BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote: Given the nature of the game i'm sure the vast majority of blokes who are recruited at any club would have some pre existing injury but it hardly means you shouldn't recruit them. If that were the case no player who had a previous injury would ever get picked up.
Just look at Kite he was bought and he needed shoulder surgery so they must be cofident his will be repaired
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote: stopped by training for 10min to watch training today and Isa was exclusively at RC, with Neilsen outside, Quinn was always outside GI.

Other things I saw

i was there too i saw all of that sika looks really fit
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:
Noa Nandruku wrote: stopped by training for 10min to watch training today and Isa was exclusively at RC, with Neilsen outside, Quinn was always outside GI.

Other things I saw

i was there too i saw all of that sika looks really fit
Thanks for the updates on the guys.
I was wondering how Sika was going with his injury, so all looks good for him.

Pity about Chase and his injury as we could have used him early this season., as we seem to have a lot of players on the sidelines for the earlier games.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sika at full strength and on fire has gotta be one of the hardest players to stop in the comp...cant wait to have him back.

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hate to put a dampner on this but Richmond's AFL player Nathan Brown took nearly 2 years to be back playing even half decent football after his seriously broken leg (fracture of both lower limb bones).

Not sure how it compared to Sika's injury but I thought he broke both leg bones clean through as well.
Brown had continued hot spots for 12 months and massive pain from the rods insert in the bones.

I love Sika and want him back playing but don't be surprised if 2010 isn't as productive as we would hope for him.

We may not see the best out of him until 2011. Finger xd that it is 2010 though !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

photos from testerdays training
Attachments
19634_266136356253_669426253_3834670_4754659_n.jpg
19634_266136276253_669426253_3834660_7731503_n.jpg
19634_266136241253_669426253_3834657_4396475_n.jpg
19634_266136231253_669426253_3834655_6178947_n.jpg
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP