Round 4 Good Friday game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:violent1:
BUMP

Eels to face Dragons in 2010 NRL opener
December 9, 2009 - 5:34PM

Parramatta and St George Illawarra will kick-off the 2010 NRL season at 7.30pm (AEDT) on Friday, March 12 at Parramatta Stadium.

The NRL released the dates and times of matches for the first five rounds of the competition on Wednesday, with Brisbane and North Queensland launching the season in Queensland at Suncorp Stadium on the same night at 8.30pm (AEDT).

Canterbury, Cronulla and Penrith will host the first Saturday clashes against Newcastle, Melbourne and Canberra respectively.

Gold Coast will welcome the Warriors for the first Sunday fixture of the season, with South Sydney facing the Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium in the 3pm (AEDT) game.

Monday night football in 2010 gets underway with the Wests Tigers against Manly at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Defending premiers Melbourne will play their first home fixture at Etihad Stadium before moving to their new stadium in May.
The Storm will host the Dragons in round four on the afternoon of Good Friday.

It will give the club a real opportunity of pulling in a bumper crowd with no AFL fixtures taking place that day.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Suprised the good Friday game is a day game. Seeing that it is channel 9 will prob screw us and show it live into Meloubrne and keep people away
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I believe I tipped the Good Friday result!! Great idea - and particularly the day game side of it as well.  There is nothing to do on that day, so it's a perfect opportunity for a bumper crowd!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they will proberly have the last post and a minute silance and thats it i doubt they will do much more
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: they will proberly have the last post and a minute silance and thats it i doubt they will do much more

For the Good Friday game?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:
Mikey wrote: I know not everyone is of the Christian belief but the Storm MUST have a brief service before the game to talk about what Good Friday means, I know some people will be opposed to this but we must be respectful. If its done on ANZAC day it should be done on Good Friday
I'll be very annoyed if they do - there is no obligation to do that at all!  Tie it in with the Childrens hospital appeal and that is all that needs to happen!
Childrens Hospital Appeal?

Wasn't the Storm vs Dragons game supposed to be for the Emergency Services Cup with a donation to an emergency service?
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Time to lock this pointless thread !
Enough people have already made there view known.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

alright guys....all religous talk in the dribble bar thread that mikey started. Yes including me!!!!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think all non-christians should work on easter and christmas holidays!
Lol just joking guys
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bula wrote: I think all non-christians should work on easter and christmas holidays!
Lol just joking guys
We'll just rename them  to Dawkins day and Darwin fest

;D
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

lima lima lima duck Channel NEIN!!!

We play a Friday game away and they show it at midnight, we play at home and they show it live against the lima lima lima duck gate!!!
The NRL broadcasting world has officially gone mad. While Channel 9 will delay its Sydney telecast of next week's Dragons-Storm Good Friday afternoon blockbuster, the network has decided to show the game live in Melbourne.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5845537503
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote: *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* Channel NEIN!!!

We play a Friday game away and they show it at midnight, we play at home and they show it live against the *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing gate!!!
The NRL broadcasting world has officially gone mad. While Channel 9 will delay its Sydney telecast of next week's Dragons-Storm Good Friday afternoon blockbuster, the network has decided to show the game live in Melbourne.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5845537503
And you expect anything less from those homos at Nien
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Having watched the Dragons vs Eels replay on Fox Sports last night I think we'll be in for a tough game this Friday.

I hope that members get their tickets in the mail on Monday or Tuesday and that we get a good crowd to turn up!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: Having watched the Dragons vs Eels replay on Fox Sports last night I think we'll be in for a tough game this Friday.

I hope that members get their tickets in the mail on Monday or Tuesday and that we get a good crowd to turn up!
If both teams turn up it should be a good tough contest.

As for tickets / GA membership cards  :? The allocation fiasco & the fact their 'out source' is not working well worries me A LOT !!
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed the Queens are playing some good football and we'll need to lift on our first few weeks but i think we will. Don't get me wrong, while we haven't been great in the opening games we've won 3 games on the road with is an excellent effort. I think with the interrupted pre season we've had in regards to the boys on international duties and then the WCC we were all expecting to do it a bit tougher and take a while to click into gear so all things considered we've done a great job.

It's going to be a real tough game next week given the way they've played and how we're just finding our rythym but i honestly think we'll lift another cog or two  and give St merge a real good crack. As we know when you play the lower sides or sides that aren't expected to be contenders they can bring you down to their level somewhat but the better teams tend to bring out your best and i reckon we'll lift and take it right up to them on friday. Lets just hope Bill keeps his brilliant record up at Etihad which will be a great start    ;-)