NRL 2009 Ticketed Membership Numbers By Club

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
VIC
Squall
Squall

In www.nrl.com today. Storm had the 6th highest number of ticketed members in 2009. Not bad considering they're based in an AFL dominated town, playing in a 3rd world stadium etc etc etc.....

1 broncos 11,983
2 cowboys 9,097
3 dragons 8,718
4 rabbits 8,638
5 warriors 6,748
6 storm 6,491
7 titans 6,205
8 dogs 5,415
9 knights 4,974
10 eagles 4,044
11 tigers 4,014
12 raiders 3,812
13 eels 3,704
14 panthers 3,349
15 roosters 3,258
16 sharks 2,078
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

VIC wrote: In www.nrl.com today. Storm had the 6th highest number of ticketed members in 2009. Not bad considering they're based in an AFL dominated town, playing in a 3rd world stadium etc etc etc.....

1 broncos 11,983
2 cowboys 9,097
3 dragons 8,718
4 rabbits 8,638
5 warriors 6,748
6 storm 6,491
7 titans 6,205
8 dogs 5,415
9 knights 4,974
10 eagles 4,044
11 tigers 4,014
12 raiders 3,812
13 eels 3,704
14 panthers 3,349
15 roosters 3,258
16 sharks 2,078
Storm had 9,103 members this year, so the above figures must mean full memberships.
I am sure the afl teams, wouldn't isolate their figures that much, and post total memberships, which include country/interstate members,etc. as well. 8)
Last edited by CooperCronk on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

AFL clubs certainly do not break down their figures, Hawthorn had 52000 members last year and that included all types of members, not just full season ticket holders, so if we had over 9000 members I reckon that's a pretty good effort
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

considering our target was 10k...thats not too shabby at all! And we are ahead of 9 NSW based teams!!! the supposed "heart land" of rugby league. Give us a couple more years and i reckon we will be over that 10k.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote: considering our target was 10k...thats not too shabby at all! And we are ahead of 9 NSW based teams!!! the supposed "heart land" of rugby league. Give us a couple more years and i reckon we will be over that 10k.
I am fairly confident we will crack the 10,000 figure next year with the new stadium
Club memberships is still a fairly new concept, especially in NSW and the NRL and the various clubs should be promoting this idea as much as possible...you only have to have a look at how well the afl club memberships have sky rocketed in the past 10 years or so.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The actual graphic showing the numbers as of 10/12/09
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh dear...we are miles behind ;-)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

still disappointing that the club didn't sort it out to have memberships on sale yet.  Miss out on christmas sales, and also the cash flow that early membership sales generate.

This is the first time I have been quite concerned with the business practice of the club.  Hopefully it's just a one off and a minor blip on the radar.  Considering the fact that we are trying to find a consortium of buyers, it would be nice to have in a business plan the early numbers for next season!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

[quote="steaming stormer"]
still disappointing that the club didn't sort it out to have memberships on sale yet.  Miss out on christmas sales, and also the cash flow that early membership sales generate.

This is the first time I have been quite concerned with the business practice of the club.  Hopefully it's just a one off and a minor blip on the radar.  Considering the fact that we are trying to find a consortium of buyers, it would be nice to have in a business plan the early numbers for next season!
[/quote

I think that the club would have had to get the go-ahead to sell members tickets.  A lot of stuff would have been happening behind the scene that we are not aware of.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The go ahead from who though?  We are the only club in the comp not selling memberships yet
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

The first major hurdle to get over is the opening date of the stadium. Until the club could lock that in, there was no point in getting memberships sorted. After all, two games at the Dome before the real Thunderdome kicks in...

The club is also working on some new packages which I hope to hear more about in the next week. Patience I think is required for a major move to a new stadium.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Patience I think is required for a major move to a new stadium.
"Our patience will achieve more than our force."
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's unfortunate that we have to wait but to me it's understandable at the same time. I'm sure the club would've loved to get the packages out earlier but i dare say it'd be a pretty expensive exercise with promotion and printing brochures etc which would've been useless/unproffessional sending i out if it had the wrong information on it, information about exact opening dates they didn't get themselves until less than a month ago.

Even though we have the late start i don't think it will impact our member numbers much at all. The member packs will only be sent out to current members on their database anyway and you'd think virtually all of us will renew so it's not like we'll miss out on many of those at all with the delay. There's still over 3 months to go to get other new members on board, i mean for those who are first timers you wouldn't think they'd have rushed out first thing to join up even if the brochures were ready now. They'll come when the promotion/advertising starts and when it's closer to the start of the season.

I've got no doubt with the success we've had the last 4 years, being the reigning premiers, playing out of a state of the art new stadium and the right promotion we'll have no problem whatsoever raising our member base even after the delay with info being sent out