2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hey Surandy,

Club has been told by the builders that the seating arrangements won't be finalised until late March or April - that is once they've actually installed them. They can't guarantee that some seats won't be removed.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote: Hey Surandy,

Club has been told by the builders that the seating arrangements won't be finalised until late March or April - that is once they've actually installed them. They can't guarantee that some seats won't be removed.
So how the lima lima lima duck is the club going to allocate reserved seats where they don't even know if the seats will be there come May 9th???
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
storm_rhinos wrote: Bear in mind though at OP you are best part of 20 m away from the pitch, at the new one its more likely to be 2-3 - so even the end seats will be very good. I realise for some people it will cost a bit more , but i cant see them doing much else  - all other NRL teams have the cheapest tickets at the ends (or stuck right in the corner) and the more expensive along the pitch.
That only applies to the sidelines, at the northern and southern end there'll be a much bigger gap as the new stadium has been designed to encompass Union as well which has a much larger in-goal area, so probably closer to 15 to 20 metres away from the dead-ball line.
Listening to Cam smith on the Radio he said the furthest seat at the new stadium is closer to the action then the closet seast at Olympic park.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Surandy wrote:
storm_rhinos wrote: Bear in mind though at OP you are best part of 20 m away from the pitch, at the new one its more likely to be 2-3 - so even the end seats will be very good. I realise for some people it will cost a bit more , but i cant see them doing much else  - all other NRL teams have the cheapest tickets at the ends (or stuck right in the corner) and the more expensive along the pitch.
That only applies to the sidelines, at the northern and southern end there'll be a much bigger gap as the new stadium has been designed to encompass Union as well which has a much larger in-goal area, so probably closer to 15 to 20 metres away from the dead-ball line.
Listening to Cam smith on the Radio he said the furthest seat at the new stadium is closer to the action then the closet seast at Olympic park.
I've heard that line from Waldron & co since the new stadium was confirmed, however it doesn't change the fact that the closest seat at the northern and southern ends will be impacted by the extra space that has been allowed for the Union in-goal areas.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Union pitch dimensions state a maximum size for the in goal so maybe they'll be impacted less than what would appear normal?
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OK
My group spent ALL their time at OP on the fence,just right of the light tower on the Northern terrace.
In the Bubble Dome the equivalent position,(bays 40/41),(even with removal of the running track) will NOT be significantly closer to the playing field.

I had the good fortune to sit in the front row,(sideline) for the Storm/Panthers game at Hindmarsh & thought how fantastic it was to be about arms length from the touch line.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that front row sideline,(very expensive) seats at the Bubble Dome will be that good.

Some fans are seeing artist impression shots & getting very negative,whilst the Club is doing it's best to talk up,(spin doctor) the closeness.Unfortunately the TRUTH will only be visible at the finished product.
My personal view is that the grunts,(GA) will be at least no worse off in the Northern & Southern ends.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

when words wont send a message to the club... we must resort to...
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote:
Another reason I liked the reserved area because I have a number of friends who will come to 2 or 3 games a year but are not buying a membership and they could sit with me. It looks like the only way I can sit with friends at the new stadium is to go general admission because all the reserved packages seem to be reserved seat options. Not very helpful when the Storm are trying to attract new fans.
Couldn't agree more, for the last 4 years, 3 generations of my family have had that level of membership and we often had either new fans or other family members come with us with the option of all sitting together, I know the area was first in best dressed but that was fine. Having just confirmed with the club that this new Champions club area is fully allocated seating, I'll simply keep my money and will not be renewing my membership this year
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crippstor wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Another reason I liked the reserved area because I have a number of friends who will come to 2 or 3 games a year but are not buying a membership and they could sit with me. It looks like the only way I can sit with friends at the new stadium is to go general admission because all the reserved packages seem to be reserved seat options. Not very helpful when the Storm are trying to attract new fans.
Couldn't agree more, for the last 4 years, 3 generations of my family have had that level of membership and we often had either new fans or other family members come with us with the option of all sitting together, I know the area was first in best dressed but that was fine. Having just confirmed with the club that this new Champions club area is fully allocated seating, I'll simply keep my money and will not be renewing my membership this year
Why wont you sit at the ends ?
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

I've sat in the old Eastern stand for years, why should I now have to move to ends. I've just written a letter to the club expressing my displeasure and informing them that they have lost 3 membership renewals as well as 2 others who were going to join up this year
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You dont have to move to the ends. You didnt seriously expect the pay the same at a brand new stadium with far better facilities than at OP did you...If you enjoy the game and are a real supporter then you will go irrespective of where you sit.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Can people PLEASE stop with this 'real supporter' shite!!!!!!  FFS people have the right to an opinion.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

storm_rhinos wrote: You dont have to move to the ends. You didnt seriously expect the pay the same at a brand new stadium with far better facilities than at OP did you...If you enjoy the game and are a real supporter then you will go irrespective of where you sit.
No I didn't expect to pay the same, in fact no where do I ever mention cost. I can afford the increase, however I am more than cross that the club is saying they do not want Eastern stand members to be able to bring and sit with casual fans on match day. My partner and my youngest daughter liked to be able to come to the odd game and sit with us, now this will not be possible.
I understand the cost increases, what there is no valid reason for, is to have the entire new eastern stand dedicated to allocated seating.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crippstor wrote:
storm_rhinos wrote: You dont have to move to the ends. You didnt seriously expect the pay the same at a brand new stadium with far better facilities than at OP did you...If you enjoy the game and are a real supporter then you will go irrespective of where you sit.
No I didn't expect to pay the same, in fact no where do I ever mention cost. I can afford the increase, however I am more than cross that the club is saying they do not want Eastern stand members to be able to bring and sit with casual fans on match day. My partner and my youngest daughter liked to be able to come to the odd game and sit with us, now this will not be possible.
I understand the cost increases, what there is no valid reason for, is to have the entire new eastern stand dedicated to allocated seating.
Wouldnt that only be an issue when the stand is sold out, which tbh, dont think will happen that often fro a while.
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Wouldnt that only be an issue when the stand is sold out, which tbh, dont think will happen that often fro a while.
No, I don't think you get it, buying a membership in the upper section of the new eastern stand means you sit in the same seat every week, and anyone buying a casual ticket to that section will have to sit elsewhere in the section as the seats around me, may well belong to other members. No one will be allowed to sit in seats other than their own. Why the upper section could not have had the price increase as it did, but remained the same type of category as Olympic Park is beyond me. The club is now making it harder to introduce new fans.
Anyway I have made my views known to the membership department, I
ll write to Matt the CEO next. It will probably achieve nothing, but the club will not ever change anything if no one lets them know.