Willie Mason to Storm?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote:
Play the ball wrote: bit of a cliche , but opinions are like arseholes, we all have them .

And yes, we should all be entitled to them ,

Mine is, if we can get him at a bargain price, we would be crazy not to roll the dice on him.

yep,  he has been a dick, but at his best,  he can play a bit, automatic selection for quite a period of time for Aus and NSW is enough proof of that,

If its rock bottom price , he could be the buy of the season.

I would'nt read too much into his form, a knee injury on a big man can take a while, he should be close to regaining full strength in it.

As long as its costing us nothing (that is the key in my opinion ) we lose nothing if he stuffs up, just show him the door.

He cant ruin our culture, its the best going around.

Im a fan of giving the young guys a go. Jesse Bromwich has played his backside off....if we sign Mason that means Jesse Bromwich misses a chance at first grade....how long is he going to be willing to sit in the reserve grade before he says "stuff this im leaving".
And thats a fair statement , and similiar things were said about signing Finch and giving the kid more game time who played the week before and went ok ,

I'm a fan of getting the best playing roster you can get under the salary cap, the more playing depth you have,  the better off you are to cover injuries etc  , thats what wins premierships ,

There is the very real possibility we could lose a quality forward or more  through injury,

I would'nt pay big bucks for him,

But if he  comes for nothing ,That is the part of the equation that will be too good to knock back IMO,

He virtually comes for free.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

while it would be good if he did i am starting to doubt it...400k to stay and play reserve grade at the chucks or play in melbourne for 60-100k........what would you do?
I may eat my words but i would take 300k in my back pocket over a second premiership and earn far less, given he already won one with the doggies
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok, just a wild stab here, but maybe with Waldron leaving there's a slight chance he could still sign.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

See the article in todays HS?  Bellamy wanted him, and claims so too did the leadership group, but the board knocked it back
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote: See the article in todays HS?  Bellamy wanted him, and claims so too did the leadership group, but the board knocked it back
A classic case of business sense & the common good overcoming the desire to see a once good player lost from RL  ;-)

My personal opinion is that Bellyache let the rose coloured memory of the former SoS player he coached sway his view.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

willies going to the rebels

waldren said he had personal phone calls to him (b4 he joined the rebels) wouldnt be surprized if he was lured to play union
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ray Warren said on SEN this morning he still thinks Mason will end up at the Storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol im not sure he was being serious though i heard that too although id be happy if he did since we seem to be running out of front rowers i.e white kite tandy vua manu all injured maybe willie could come in and help them out

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really wish we'd have signed him!
This sort of thing will only make him more determined.
I think he's got so much to offer
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"I don't think I've been left out in the lurch though . . . it's just taking a while to get sorted. I thought I was over the line with Melbourne with the coach and the senior players saying, 'Yes, yes, yes . . . sign him.' I was so confident about Melbourne I didn't talk to anyone else.

"Then Belly (Craig Bellamy) rang me personally and said he had some bad news and the deal was off. I was really disappointed. I had to start from scratch again. We'd told other clubs I wasn't interested because of Melbourne."