Willie Mason to Storm?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone else see the Channel 9 news update last night?
Watching a replay of the apprentice and they mentioned the Melbourne Storm to make a play on Mason!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

noooooo

lol its been said before but the STORM HAVE NO MONEY LEFT although dallas just left

but he would have only been on about $150 to $200,000 and willie is on $400 and the roosters would he serioulsy take a $200 pay cut to come to our club i doubt it

although (light bulb) brett finch is his good friend
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe the roosters are happy to pay half of that for the term he has left on his contract(?)
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mmm didnt think of that

id like him to come

bellamy would get somthing good out of him

singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sallymay wrote: mmm didnt think of that

id like him to come

bellamy would get somthing good out of him
Well, we have a track record of turning nobodies and wash-ups into stars ... Can we do the same for a complete knob??

But seriously, I think Mason has some good footy left in him and he is coming into the best period following a knee reco for a big guy. He could add some real punch to the pack .. has a bit of mongrel in him and may enjoy being out of the media spotlight which is one of the big advantages of playing for Storm.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

no no no no no

don't wnat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

would be a waste, i could see us losing young forwards who are chasing a fg spot elsewhere
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Before any more people go into 'chicken little' mode
Let's consider this just another media beatup/leak by his manager to stir the pot  ;-)
This article is two days old
Two nippon RU chasers & a cashed up French ESL club V a cash strapped Melbourne outfit

Mmmmmmmmm  ??? tough choice
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok fair enough he probably won't be coming but if he does I think he'll do it as a big fk u to the Roosters.
Maybe he wants to prove everyone wrong and if anyone can get him to perform again its Bellamy.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We dont need him guys...he is a has been and I know we have had players like Willie Leyson, shane walker who playeed well for a season for us...but this might be a John Lomax or Andrew Mcfadden situation...waste of money I think our forward stocks look good for the next coupel of seasons...we might need a 5/8th or a good centre/winger next year tho so thats where I'd be focusing
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just been to the Airport and seen Brian Waldron picking the above named up,either that or it was his twin brother Brendon Fevola ;-)
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. he cant play for shit and is a rude prick!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. he cant play for shit and is a rude prick!
Just remind us again - is that what you said about Brett Finch??!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote: Just been to the Airport and seen Brian Waldron picking the above named up,either that or it was his twin brother Brendon Fevola ;-)

i have know idea if you a telling the truth but seriously getting excited now cause read this story

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/n ... 5803961788

Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BIG JIM wrote: Just been to the Airport and seen Brian Waldron picking the above named up,either that or it was his twin brother Brendon Fevola ;-)

Is that fair dinkum or not? I only ask because Waldron has stated there's no way we have any money to spend to get him. I know it wouldn't be the first time a CEO, coach etc told porkies about their interest or lack thereof in a player but it's hard to know what to believe.