stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ash13 wrote: Channel None reported on the news last night that the stadium isnt due to have the first game played until late May - early June next year. The turf isnt due to be laid until late March.
MOPT is saying - Turf January - Games - April
Sportal is saying - Games - April

Why would you believe Channel 'We don't give a shit about RL in Melbourne'  :roll:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Taliesin wrote:Why would you believe Channel 'We don't give a shit about RL in Melbourne'  :roll:
Umm, ahh, err, dunno, why?
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Fri May 7 2010: Official Opening Match for the Stadium (Aust v NZ)
Sun May 9 2010: Official Opening Match for the Storm @ the Stadium (Storm v Broncos)
The State Government of Victoria today announced the new rectangular stadium in the Olympic Park precinct will officially open with the ANZAC Day clash between Australia and New Zealand on Friday, May 7, with the Storm’s first game there two days later against the Brisbane Broncos on Sunday, May 9.

This “Festival of Rugby League” is a magnificent way to open our world class stadium. The ANZAC Day Test match is a massive game between two of the heavy weights of international rugby league, and it will be magnificent to then lock horns with the Broncos, our traditional foes, two days later for our very first game at our new home.

The initial plan was to play matches at the new stadium in April against the Manly Sea Eagles and New Zealand Warriors. Whilst this will now not occur, I can assure all who become Melbourne Storm members that their membership will include 12 home games. In the next few weeks we will finalise details regarding these matches.

Further information on the 2010 membership program will be sent out by direct mail by December 18 to all 2009 Members. This will include confirmation of the rescheduling of the 2010 season.  I can assure you the membership packages for 2010 will be outstanding given the new home we are about to move into.

This is an exciting time for the Club, a new era as we move into what will be among the world’s stadiums. I’m sure you’ll agree this “Festival of Rugby League” is a magnificent way of kicking off what will be a long and successful future in our new home.

Brian Waldron,

Melbourne Storm CEO.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

166 days to go and 168 days till storm play the first game there woohoo so exciting
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So we have to look at alternative venues for the Seaweed and Worriers match.
I can see us playing the Worriers at Etihad, however I wouldn't mind if the Storm/ NRL brings the Manly game on the road.  First choice will be Kardinia Park.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they said at the members forum this year that the home games before the opening would be at etihad
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote: they said at the members forum this year that the home games before the opening would be at etihad
Yuk...I hate that ground for rugby league.
Some afl people won't be happy with this idea as they claim we dig up their turf.

Anyway, really looking forward to the opening of the new stadium... its going to be a HUGE  day for the Storm and rugby league in Melb.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CooperCronk wrote:
sallymay wrote: they said at the members forum this year that the home games before the opening would be at etihad
Yuk...I hate that ground for rugby league.
We haven't lost a Finals game there  :D
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gothestorm wrote:
[/quote]

That's not true. Either you have a very short memory or you're deliberately blocking out the 40-12 arse kicking we gave your mob in the finals at Etihad last year.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

first game at the stadium is meant to be 2 days after aus v nz  and it will be against the broncos, heard that last  night on sports tonight
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
madstorm
Squall
Squall

I would Love to see games played at Kardinia Park, they have done heaps of work on the stadium, it has plenty of parking and best of all would help promote Rugby League in Geelong.  They may even be able to start to field a junior club if they get some interest.  I know plenty of people in Geelong who would go and Kardinia park is so under utilised by the Geelong Footy club at least it would make it worthwhile spending all that cash on a stadium that has 6-7 games played there in a season.  That and the storm boys already have a feel for the ground there.  Geelong would be AWESOME!!!!!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

madstorm wrote: I would Love to see games played at Kardinia Park, they have done heaps of work on the stadium, it has plenty of parking and best of all would help promote Rugby League in Geelong.  They may even be able to start to field a junior club if they get some interest.  I know plenty of people in Geelong who would go and Kardinia park is so under utilised by the Geelong Footy club at least it would make it worthwhile spending all that cash on a stadium that has 6-7 games played there in a season.  That and the storm boys already have a feel for the ground there.  Geelong would be AWESOME!!!!!
I've never liked watching RL played on AFL grounds ... tried it at MCG and Optus and it just doesn't work for me.
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bit sad it won't be ready in time for our first games - but walked past it the other day and its starting to look awesome! The bubble is now joined and has some roofing panels on as well. Can't wait to get in there  ;D ;D ;D
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote:
gothestorm wrote:
That's not true. Either you have a very short memory or you're deliberately blocking out the 40-12 arse kicking we gave your mob in the finals at Etihad last year.
[/quote]

I think you are confusing me with a Manly supporter.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Welcome to Thunder Dome!

Two teams enter, one team leaves!