stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Nice to see the sign out the front of the Stadium has the Storm on top. Petty I know, but it made me feel good.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Crippstor wrote: Did everyone see the nine news report last night with the light show inside The Thunderdome, very impressive indeed
I missed the news but they showed it on The Footy Show (NRL).
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

About to head to the new stadium - have fun to all those attending or enjoy watching it on TV
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stadium was fantastic, probably my only critisism, more people were getting wet on the lower level than i was expecting , on the plans  the roof line appered to cover more than it actually does.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

That place was amazing.  I noticed that a lot more people were getting wet than expected, too.  One poor guy sitting a few rows in front of me had water streaming down from the roof line right onto him.  I also noticed on the concourse at the south west corner that the floor was very wet.  They'll definitely have to look into that.

Great atmosphere.  Great light show and great lighting overall.  I was about ten rows back but I still felt like I was right on the sideline.  The whole place looked amazing.  A shame we were just short of capacity, though.

I kept seeing people in front of me looking up at the corporate section and at half time I finally saw why - Wendell Sailor was sitting up behind me.
You had me at meat tornado.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I kept looking up at all the EMPTY SEATS in the corporate section  :evil:
I'm sure we all know people who couldn't get tickets because it was "All sold out"
So.....................who bought all those tickets,then never came ?

Lots of teething problems to be sorted still at AAMI Park
Anyone sitting on the fence is going to need waterproof shoes & won't be able to put anything on the ground.
No drainage,so run off from the ground fills the front row.
The upside of tonight was that we had crowd & weather that could highlight those
problems.

I think I might be dry by Sunday ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote: Victory? Pfft, the ones that consider that we are inferior as we get small crowds?

Besides the grand final, which didn't come close to full capacity, did Victory have many crowds of 25k plus at Etihad in their most recent season? From memory I can't recall reading about any that were larger than our crowd against the Dragons.
They only go when my team Sydney FC is in town. This season their A-League crowds were normally 18-22000.

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Went to the RL test match tonight & found the stadium a horrible disappointment. Yes, the sightlines are great from every seat, but the venue has been revealed to have so many fundamental flaws with it, that as a Storm fan who'll be there every second week I'm kind of depressed.

Where do I start as to how they have got things horribly horribly wrong
-Seat pitch, very very squashy. Think Virgin Blue squashie. Almost as uncomfortable as some of the English grounds I have been at.
-Roof. An epic epic epic fail. At the bottom of one of the bubbles the rain poured down onto people in Bay 44 all game. In the corridor area rail felt through the roof onto people. They had to do a Southern Cross Station and put Sulo bins there to try and catch the water.

They built a sexy roof with bubbles on it. And to make it even sexier they fire Lazar beams off it making pretty little green patterns. Yet all stadium patrons up until may Row K got wet. Especially in Row F Bay 44 who got poured on all game. People down the front were all given ponchos. But why was the stadium built when most of the people on the eastern side in the expensive seats were getting wet. I'd not want to have a Storm membership there after tonight.

-the corridors. A complete mess. The overwhelmed beer and food lines lead out into the tiny corridors. People were milling there smoking (YUCK) so there was no room to go anywhere. The sad thing about this is that I seriously can't see any way they can try and fix the problem, apart from  having stadium staff standing there yelling at people to take their tickets and go outside.

-the gangways to the seats. Again an epic fail. They filled up with up to 20cm of water. Great entertainment seeing people slip trying to get to their seats.

-Toilets. Not enough mens toilets. And no room to get in and out. Again a design fault I can never see being able to be fixed. I have only ever seen queues for the mens toilet in Yokohama when I was there for Japan-Australia. Not in this country. What a joke!

Both Storm & A-League matches won't be as full as the ground was tonight. But for me tonight was a major disappointment. I have uncomfortable squashie years to look forward to at AAMI Park.  :(

JF
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I was so looking forward to tonight, but with the rain! Ok I was row D ground or first level so I am exposed so fair enough, I would cop some rain but the heavy, heavy, heavy drops of water from the roof ( I thought a water drop was a 1/3 ml) its almost like being splattered by a liter of water. The round structural sections along the leading egde of the roof collect the water and then eventually the weight of it drops onto you. surface tension can only resist so much! Then gravity takes over.
And to see so much flooding in the walkways totally surprised me.

In all I was rather disapointed with the new stadium. If it didnt rain then total opposite feeling but it will rain one game day
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh no, I'll be there on Sunday and checked the Melbourne weather, raining all weekend! Now with Cam out, this could be a big dissapointment if it pours down.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if the forecast holds up there should be little to no rain tomorrow with only a 5% chance of getting some so i hope the crowd gets there in big numbers. Can't wait.
Brian
Squall
Squall

It was good but as stated they have  a few teething problems,

Maybe a couple of tubes of silicon will fix it

We sat up on the third level and got saturated , it was like a garden hose running on you all night.

If they fix that it will be fine
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Was disappointed in the number of rows not undercover.  We were told that only the first five rows were not undercover.  When we went to the fan day, realised that our allocated tickets (at the back of level one) would not be undercover - so contacted the club.  Told it would cost to change tickets - and that there were no seat available in the second level - except near the 10 metre line.

Didn't sit in those seats last night, but could see we will need wet weather gear. 

The stadium was awesome, but we never got wet at OP!!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With the roof leaks they said over a month ago all of it won't be entirely sealed for the opening game so there we no surprises there, it's just very unfortunate it happened to rain like it did last night.