stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cowbell-Mark wrote:
Surandy wrote:Victory? Pfft, the ones that consider that we are inferior as we get small crowds?Besides the grand final, which didn't come close to full capacity, did Victory have many crowds of 25k plus at Etihad in their most recent season? From memory I can't recall reading about any that were larger than our crowd against the Dragons.
I'm a victory fan and a storm fan and I love both just as equally. So I can share an unbiased view on this. The Victory got over 25,000 twice during the regular season, and the grand final was a sellout as the seats were moved in, therefore reducing capacity.  The victory had about 19,000 members this year and only Adults had to pay the $10.00 deposit fee. (Mind you that does include non-members who wish to secure a seat in the new stadium)
Thanks for all the info.  A friend of mine is a Victory/Storm member also but she's away at the moment so I couldn't check any details with her.It would be interesting to compare their membership packages/prices to ours.I have no doubt they will more than double our member nos. and also interesting to see if Victory lose any fans to the new Heart team. It maybe some will become fans of both clubs.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote:
Surandy wrote:Victory? Pfft, the ones that consider that we are inferior as we get small crowds?Besides the grand final, which didn't come close to full capacity, did Victory have many crowds of 25k plus at Etihad in their most recent season? From memory I can't recall reading about any that were larger than our crowd against the Dragons.
I'm a victory fan and a storm fan and I love both just as equally. So I can share an unbiased view on this. The Victory got over 25,000 twice during the regular season, and the grand final was a sellout as the seats were moved in, therefore reducing capacity.  The victory had about 19,000 members this year and only Adults had to pay the $10.00 deposit fee. (Mind you that does include non-members who wish to secure a seat in the new stadium)
Thanks for all the info.  A friend of mine is a Victory/Storm member also but she's away at the moment so I couldn't check any details with her.It would be interesting to compare their membership packages/prices to ours.I have no doubt they will more than double our member nos. and also interesting to see if Victory lose any fans to the new Heart team. It maybe some will become fans of both clubs.
Well as far as I know, most of the victory fans are taking the heart fans as a joke and there doesn't seem to be many victory fans making the switch...but I'm looking forward to comparing the two
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Some great pics from inside the stadium.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The herald sun have updated their photos..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/photo- ... 211?page=1
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The panels are 99.98% installed (I counted three left looking at the webcam and someone else says four).  Seating is now fully installed on the Yarra end, in the Eastern stand, almost all of the Swan Street end and about a quarter of the Western stand.  All they need to do now is finish sealing the gaps between the panels, lay grass right up to the edges, paint some lines, drop in the goalposts and we're set.

I just wish I could be there for the open day this Saturday.
You had me at meat tornado.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

stormin_kes wrote: Its the "missus" (MRS) for me ....
and now she has a name Aami.
I prefer "the Damper" or "the Wichitty Grub. "

JF  ;-)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If anyone's interested, there's a 32-page AAMI Park feature in today's Herald Sun.
You had me at meat tornado.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

absentee wrote: If anyone's interested, there's a 32-page AAMI Park feature in today's Herald Sun.
Think I saw it  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
VIC
Squall
Squall

Don't start me on soccer!!

I enjoy soccer and follow some of the European leagues.....but let's be honest here.....soccer struggles in Australia. There is a reason why it's competition runs during summer (so it doesn't have to go head to head with the AFL, NRL and Rugby Union). AND, unlike AFL and NRL it gets no FTA TV exposure meaning that ticket sales are NEVER threatened.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

The problem here in Melbourne will be that Victory attendances and memberships nos. at the new stadium and Etihad will most likely outdraw our attendances and membership nos. and some people (with an agenda)  won't factor in that they play their games during the summer season with no competition from other codes, other than cricket.

A lot of their supporters follow both afl and soccer, and believe me, some of them are feral ;D
Last edited by CooperCronk on Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Walked out onto the middle of the park today, phenomenal.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

absentee wrote: If anyone's interested, there's a 32-page AAMI Park feature in today's Herald Sun.
For those that missed it someone on another site has scanned it.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~treehaven/ ... I_Park.pdf
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
For those that missed it someone on another site has scanned it.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~treehaven/ ... I_Park.pdf
Wow... probably should let people know that it's nearly 70MB to download... thanks for posting it though.  ;)
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Did everyone see the nine news report last night with the light show inside The Thunderdome, very impressive indeed
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm