stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Will the tundersquad are be an active supporter group? Because us Nikau stand boys are trying to get something going
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

oh wait...wasnt the stadium supposed to be collapsing like 2 weeks ago? :roll:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Had a delivery to the OZ open today & the mail/delivery centre is opposite the Thunderdome.Fitting of the panels seems to be happening much faster now & I think the cranes will still be needed to install the remaining light towers in the corners once the domes are complete ? Noticed a crew fitting cover strips over the panel joints,so it MUST be collapsing - right  #-o

From the looks of it there are multiple construction zones,so judging progress by outside appearance is quite wrong  ;-)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there are a few groups trying to make a cheer squad ive heard
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote: there are a few groups trying to make a cheer squad ive heard
That's good.  I think we'll need a cheer squad happening at such a big stadium.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: there are a few groups trying to make a cheer squad ive heard
I think the term "cheer squad" is getting muddled here ?
From what I've read the club is hoping,(?) to consolidate some of the more passionate & vocal groups that developed during our time at OP & put them into one area to form a single AFL style cheer squad area.
I would imagine there are quite a few of those groups who would like to stay in an area other than the one nominated by the club.
My personal opinion is that the various small but vocal groups scattered around OP was what helped to make the place intimidating.The "Thunder Squad" concept is a good counter for other clubs traveling squads but I think we still need vocal groups,(independent mini cheer squads if you like ?) scattered around the dome.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As long as i dont get put next to the woman who screams her voice just goes through me like a hot vindaloo
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

BIG JIM wrote: As long as i dont get put next to the woman who screams her voice just goes through me like a hot vindaloo
lol
That's probably GtS in disguise, he has so many of them :P
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Seating plan re-badged version
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

INSTANT LAWN
The product name & Company name emblazoned on the side of the white semi trailer that was backed into the ground level entrance of the bubble dome at around 7:20 this morning.
Didn't look like there was room for turf amidst all that machinery but then that really big pile of dirt was blocking the view.  ;-)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be travelling down for opening day, should be awesome. Might run into Inglis at Altona again :p
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

its starting to really take shape..  this photo is from the Victory forum:
Attachments
New Stadium.jpg
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Awesome, thanks for putting this on here routy.  ;D
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

routy21 wrote: its starting to really take shape..  this photo is from the Victory forum:

Looks like the Victory fans already have adopted the name of Swan Street Stadium, and most of us Storm fans call it the Thunderdome.  I wonder what nickname the other 2 tenants (Rebels and Heart) supporters will come up with.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote:Looks like the Victory fans already have adopted the name of Swan Street Stadium, and most of us Storm fans call it the Thunderdome.  I wonder what nickname the other 2 tenants (Rebels and Heart) supporters will come up with.
Just goes to show how stupid some soccer supporters are. The stadium isn't in Swan St, it's in Olympic Blvd. That section of Swan St was renamed last year or the year before.